Chapter 14

Our Twisted Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The girls stared at the computer with the mysterious word on it in shock. "B-but how!?" Aisha sputtered out. "Everything was going so well! How did this happen?" She stared in disbelief that her smart skills actually failed her.

 

Evangeline was glancing back and forth between the wailing Aisha and the now black monitor. "Someone knew we were going to look up info on this EXO group."

 

Samantha pressed her lips into a thin white line. "You think it was one of those guys from earlier today?"

 

Evangeline placed a thumb under her chin and forefinger on top of it, like the Sherlock pose. "It could be. They got beat up by a bunch of girls, got spooked from the fight because they thought it was the big bad group that the mafia boss leader has wrapped around his little finger, told them that we might get curious and had their best hacker block us out if we did."

 

Aisha nodded, that had to be the answer. No one else knew they were going to look up info about EXO....except the boys...Her eyes widened. "Hey, no one knew we were going to look up info about EXO right?" Aisha suddenly asked.

 

Scarlett looked confused. "Yeah. It was only us--"

 

Before Scarlett could finish Samantha interrupted. "The boys knew..."

 

The three other girls looked at Samantha. "We were asking questions, then Kris asked Sehun to help Aish and he found out she had gotten in but hadn't looked at who the members were yet." She finished.

 

Sage bit her thumb nail. "It could be from another group. One that we had already talked to and knew if we keep at this pace we would eventually find out about this ruthless group."

 

Samantha looked at Sage in utter bewilderment. "G...why are you defending them?"

 

"I'm not defending them..." She answered back quietly.

 

"Then what are you doing? You make it sound like it can't be them. Is it because of that Luhan guy?" Sage looked up in shock at Samantha's last statement.

 

"It's not because of him! I do admit he is kinda cute but it's not because of him. Why would you think it's because of him?" She replied, a touch of hurt filling her voice.

 

"G, you know I didn't mean it like that. I'm just trying to understand why it seems like you're defending them." Samantha responded.

 

"I just want to understand! I see things from both perspectives! I see how and why you would think it's them and I get it, I do, but I don't want to assume that it's them when we don't know the truth." Sage blurted out. " But I also see how it could be one of the other groups we've already visited."

 

Aisha moved to sit beside the confused Sage. "I don't want it to be them because I've become somewhat friends with them and I don't want to get hurt again....I don't want to lose anymore friends than I already have." She murmured softly.

 

Scarlett knelt down beside her, laying her head on her best friends arm. Aisha gave both her shoulders a small squeeze.

 

"I'm sorry Sage...I get where you're coming from." Samantha said with understanding.

 

"It could have been another group." Evangeline said, finally trying to break the saddened atmosphere.

 

"Sage, sometimes I think you're too nice to be apart of this." Scarlett said.

 

"I hafta agree with Scar here. You're so sweet and innocent." Evangeline agreed. "Along with Aisha."

 

"Hey!" Aisha called out. "I can be a tough girl!"

 

Samantha gave her the 'you know it's true' look which Aisha blew off with a roll of her eyes.

 

"Aaaaaaaaand we know G has a thing for Mr. Lulu." Scarlett said teasingly.

 

Sage blushed ten shades of red. "It is not a thing! I just said he was cute! There is a difference!" She whisper-yelled.

 

"Riiiight. You keep telling yourself that." Samantha joked.

 

"Yeah, we saw the way he was eyeballing you today." Scarlett teased some more. "Eva even said she thinks he has a thing for you."

 

"Match-made in heaven." Evangeline said, joining the joking two.

 

Sage had her face pressed into her hands. "Stttttttoooop!" She moaned out.

 

"But we have to look out for our little Sagey-wagey." Scarlett said, coming up to try to pinch Sage's cheeks.

 

"Aisha why aren't you joining in on this good ol family fun time?" Samantha asked.

 

Aisha shrugged. She also understood where Sage was coming from with the boys. Though they can be annoying they are nice and kinda funny and have been helpful.

 

"Well, her and Sehun look pretty close dontcha think?" Evangeline said, turning the tables onto her.

 

"Oh no you don't." Aisha warned.

 

"Oh yes I will." Evangeline replied, stalking forward to Aisha on her knees.

 

"Honestly, the highest compliment that cold idiot has given me is that I'm a machine." She said, rolling her eyes.

 

"Machines are y these days." Samantha said, winking. Aisha rolled her eyes again.

 

"Sage and Aisha have crushes!" Scarlett hollered out.

 

Both said girls looked at each other w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter