Chapter 16

Our Twisted Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eva, Scarlett, Samantha, Chen, Kris, Tao, and Baekhyun came through the front door of the girls' safe house. I Like It Loud by Cash Cash was blaring from the speakers, greeting them. Aisha and Sage had stayed behind to clean the safe house, so the smell of fresh lemon was in the air. Eva grabbed her vodka bottle from the fridge and threw herself onto the worn out grey couch face-first groaning. Sage stopped her dramatic hand motions to Aisha who stopped her fabulous lip syncing.  Aisha paused the music. “Anything new?”

 

Eva mumbled something with her face still pressed into the couch cushions. Aisha suppressed her grin. “Sorry, I’m not a couch whisperer. Can you mumble louder, please?”

 

Eva threw her head up, glaring at her through her ginger tousels. “Someone's feeling cheeky today aren’t they?”

 

“It’s just one of those days.” She said between giggles.

 

Eva let her head fall back onto the cushion, popping open the bottle and taking a swig. Her face angled the others. “It’s still the same old crap about her being in Hong Kong. About how this EXO group doesn’t stay in contact and mostly work alone. I am thoroughly frustrated and ready to strangle anyone that tries to tell me that BS again.”

 

Sage started to bite her nails, concentrating on how in the two weeks out of the six groups they visited, all said the exact same thing. A light bulb went off inside her head. “Hey Eva, since its normally you, Scar and Sam that go, do all the groups say the same thing? As in exact same thing?”

 

Samantha gave Sage a puzzled look. “Not all of them say the exact same thing but it’s mostly the same thing. Why?”

 

Aisha picked up on what Sage was thinking. “Hold on, Sage may have a point.” Everyone looked between the two with confused and waiting for further explanation on their faces. “You said that they pretty much say the exact same thing right?”

 

“Well, what if they are saying the exact same thing but just in a different order.” Sage finished.

 

Eva popped up from her spot, Samantha and Scarlett let huge grins slide onto their faces. “OH MY GOD! YOU TWO ARE PURE GENIUSES!”

 

“You said that they will talk about how bad this EXO group is and how they only work alone but then they’ll either leave it at that or add random stuff in there as well right?” Aisha procceded.

 

Scarlett nodded eagerly. “Yeah that’s mostly what they’ll say. How they're all big and bad. That they’re the best gang the mafia owns and the boss’s favorite, then they’ll sometimes change the conversation to some of the things they’ve done. Like beating a person to death, burning a person alive and all types of gruesome things.”

 

“Yeah let’s just say I’ve learned they sometimes they like to leave a bloody scene in their destruction.” Samantha gagged at the memory.

 

Sage crinkled her nose at the thought of those things. “Poor people...” She murmured to herself.

 

“Let’s not go too far into that, I ate about ten minutes before you came back and I really don’t want it to make a reappearance.” Aisha stated. “Alright, so then they’ll go on to V being in Hong Kong or Shanghai?”

 

Samantha nodded. “They’ll sometimes add things like ‘if she even made it there’, ‘you’ll never see her again. Give up on this ludicrous idea of ever getting her back or you’ll die’, or ‘she’s probably so high on the drugs they gave her that she can’t see the next guy coming in to see her’."

 

Scarlett clenched her fist tightly, eyes burning with hatred at the spoken words. “But essentially the information is the same, just with things jumbled up so we wouldn’t notice the repetitiveness.”

 

Sage spoke. “What do you guys think? They’re all working together to lead us off with the false info hoping we’ll eventually believe it?”

 

Eva hummed. “That’s the way it seems…” she took another swig of vodka.

 

“Too bad it’s not going to work.” Samantha said, determination in her voice.

 

“Looks like we’re back to looking up info and doing this on our own.” Aisha said, eyes glued back to ‘fixed’ laptop.

 

“Hey you still have us! We’re helping you aren’t we!?” Chanyeol asked, offended. The girls had momentarily forgotten that the boys were there with them.

 

“You sure are!” Samantha said with fake enthusiasm.

 

Chanyeol stared her down while she shrugged her shoulders up and smiled cutely with her head cocked to the side. Sehun watched Aisha’s fingers tap onto the keys in a flurry of movements. He looked between the way her eyes would light up at possible new information and her bookmarking it for future references.

 

Sage and Aisha conversed quietly over all the possible information. Luhan sat pressed to Sage’s side, pulling on her long blonde hair. Aisha watched with amusement at how Luhan tried to flirt with Sage but her being oblivious to it or choosing to ignore it. She eventually turned around when he got her hair into a big knot and left her whimpering in pain.

 

“Ow ow owowowow.” She whimpered. “What were you trying to do!?”

 

He shrugged sheepishly. “To braid your hair.”

 

She patted down the spot where the knot had been. “Do you even know how to braid hair?”

 

“Nope.” He smiled cutely. “Want to teach me?”

 

“If it saves the lives of hair then yes I will. Get in the floor and lean your head back.” She instructed.

 

Luhan got in the floor in front of her legs. He gently pushed her legs apart to sit comfortably between them and give her better access to his hair. Aisha eyeballed him. He'd better not try anything with her girl. There'll be pain in his future if he did. Sage began to make a small braid in his caramel colored hair.

 

Luhan closed his eyes in content, his body relaxing. Kris and the other gang members watched Luhan and Sage. It was blatantly obvious that he had developed feelings for her, and her feelings for him. She was just better at hiding them than him.

 

They only way the boys could tell that she had feelings for him is the way she acted. She was always a little more relaxed when he was around, her chocolate eyes would grow warmer when talking or looking at him, she never pushed him away--even when he was practically sitting on her.

 

It started off slow for Luhan. He would get this goofy smile on his face when someone brought her up. Then, a dreamy expression would cross his face wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter