Chapter 18

Our Twisted Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Music for the first half: http://youtu.be/PObpc6b7x74

 

"Are we all here?" Kris asked. The people of both gangs that were currently there were a mess. Evangeline was brushing off bits of glass from her jacket and looking at the vodka stains on her leggings. Kris, she decided, didn't look much better. He had glass in his hair, which he shook off like it wasn't a big deal. Tao was wiping some blood off of his jacket and D.O was checking out the banged up motorcycles. Suho, Chen, Baekhyun and Scarlett rolled up on their motorcycles. For some reason Scarlett and Baekhyun were sopping wet.

 

"Do I even want to know?" Evangeline asked. Scarlett glared at Baekhyun and zipped up her jacket, clearly knowing that her shirt was most likely see through. She wrung out her straight white streaked ginger hair while saying swear words aimed towards Baekhyun in German.

 

"He thought it would be clever to take a swim." She growled. Baekhyun smiled cheekily.

 

"It worked, didn't it?"

 

"I admit nothing."

 

Samantha came walking up with a few cuts on her arms but otherwise unarmed, with Lay, Kai, and Chanyeol following behind. She noticed Scarlett's wet attire but before she could ask about it Scarlett said through gritted teeth, "Don't. Ask."

 

"Sorry girls, but I had to ditch the car. It's safe either way." Samantha said instead. She looked around at the boys, still radiating hostility.

 

"Where is Sage?" Evangeline asked.

 

"Where is Aisha?" Samantha asked at the same time. Xiumin came riding up on his motorcycle.

 

"Looks like we're missing two of our boys." He said, stopping the bike. He got off and walked over to Kris. "The police have lost Nebula. They are, however, going to keep watch over the safe house for the rest of the week." The girls groaned.

 

"That's why you don't get attached to safe houses." Suho said.

 

"Or only have one." Tao added. Just then another motorcycle came up. Much to the girls' relief it was Sage, a bit shaken, but still in one piece. She immediately got off the bike and ran towards Evangeline. She hugged her cousin and gave Luhan, the man driving the bike, a killing glare.

 

The group saw a figure holding another one, coming their way. The group strained their eyes to see that Sehun was halfway carrying Aisha. As they came closer she pushed him off and limped foreword. The two joined the circle and all of them automatically began questioning their uneven clothing and messed up hairstyles, and Aisha's slightly pink cheeks and lightly smeared red lipstick.

 

"Again, do I even want to know?" Evangeline asked, clearly exasperated. Aisha shook her head and glared at Sehun, but not as much malice as they're used to.

 

"C'mon. We'll take you to the hotel so we can sort this out." Kris said, leading the big group into the extremely sketchy building behind him and Evangeline.

 

Once the group filed in the person behind the desk recognized the Exo members and quickly gave them access to as many rooms as they needed. They went to one of the 'suites,' which to be honest was way too run down and moldy smelling to be a suite.

 

"First a sketchy car, now a run down hotel. Man, you can really pick 'em." Scarlett said, slumping onto a very worn out couch. A bit of the stuffing came out. "Seriously?"

 

Evangeline stayed rooted to the spot in the middle of the room. “Okay buddies. You have some explaining to do. Get to it.”

 

The boys shifted uncomfortably.  Luhan kept trying to get Sage to look at him. He would edge forward a centimeter but Scarlett and Samantha would inch closer to her, shooting glares that could stop a man cold.

 

“What do you want to know?” Kris asked quietly.

 

Samantha twisted into a tight smile. “You made us tell our pasts. Now it’s your turn. How did you get into the mafia?”

 

Sighing, the boys found a place to sit. Tao leaned against the wall farthest from the girls. Luhan sat as close to Sage as the girls would allow. Sehun sat beside Luhan. Xiumin and Lay grabbed a rickety chair to sit in. Baekhyun, Chen and Chanyeol sat down on a small couch beside the girl’s. The others sat on the floor making a semi-circle.

 

Kris blew air out of his lips. “The reason I got into the mafia was because I was lied too. I had gotten a job interview while I was still living in Canada. They offered me to come and check it out to see if I would be interested.” He shrugged as if it was no big deal. ”It wasn’t until that interview asked me if I wanted to go check out the possible job that I realized I might be in over my head. He took me to an abandoned subway station where a man was tormenting someone. I thought he was crazy and was going to leave. At the sense of my slightest movement, he had four guns trained on me. He said I could either join, that my knowledge of languages could be useful or die here tonight.”

 

Evangeline scrutinized him. She moved her frosty gaze to the next person. “Guess that’s my cue.” Suho said. “My father was the owner of a powerful business and somehow got into trouble with Fa Chi’s gang. Fa Chi sent his men to kill my father and his family. As a way of showing his sincerity in never starting trouble with the gang again, he gave them me, his only son.”

 

Scarlett had a look of pure disgust on her face. “Hold the phone. Your dad pretty much sold you-his only son to save his own hide!? That’s just wrong on so many levels!” she exclaimed exasperatedly after Suho nodded.

 

Evangeline moved her steel gaze to the next victim. Xiumin started to speak from his spot in the wobbly chair. “I fell for the wrong girl. That’s how I got in. It turns out that the girl I had fallen in love with worked for the mafia. She met me and thought it would be cool to see what a normal life would be like. After we dated  for almost six months, she would ask me to come join her for work. I let my curiosity take over and agreed. Later that night she started all kinds of trouble. Fa Chi wouldn’t let me leave, so fast forward a few years and here I am.”

 

Samantha shook her head. “Harsh…”

 

Baekhyun stared at his hands before speaking. “Chanyeol and I began to sell drugs as a way to get money. We got pretty well known around Seoul. Fa Chi didn’t like that we were stealing his limelight so he offered us a job. Being the pabos we were, we agreed, not realizing this was what he meant by job.”

 

Aisha, who was lean

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter