Pictures

Secrets are meant to be kept

"Park Jini! Enough is enough! You've got all the autographs. Go home now!"

Jini shook her head annoyingly and pouted,"I still have 5 more."

"5 more? Who?" I started to mentally scan through all the YG artistes.

"Winner. They are gonna be daebak. I want their autographs!"

I groaned loudly. Aish this girl.

"Annyeong Byul ah," Dong Goo hyung greeted me warmly. 

I stood up and bowed towards one of the nicest hyungs in YG. "Annyeong Dong Goo hyung. Are you the one taking over Winner? Jinja kamshahaminda!" I bowed again.

"You're more than welcomed. Who is this by the way?"

Jini sprung up and introduced herself, "Annyeonghaseyo oppa. I'm Park Jini, Byul's girlfriend!" And she started to hang herself on my arms for dear life. 

Dong Goo hyung gave an awkward cough and turned away,"You're one cute button." Jini giggled at that compliment like a hyena on drugs. Remind me why she was here again... 

"Oh Byul! You're here!" Mino said with a wide grin as he entered the practice room. "Annyeong!" He added and sent a wink in Jini's direction. I could almost her my cousin's fangirl mode switching on but before that, I interlaced our hands and forcefully pushed her head on my shoulder. Soon, the rest of the Winner boys filed into the room. 

Seunghoon looked down when he saw Jini with her head on my shoulder and went to fiddle with the computer immediately. Jinwoo and Seungyoon waved their greetings and Mr Nam just walked straight to the chairs and sat down. Jini looked up at me and asked, "Wassup with that droopy eyebrow dude." "Constant PMS." She snorted loudly at my reply and that earned a glance each from the boys. 

"Well, I will go finish up some paperwork now. See ya tonight boys, work hard." Dong Goo hyung announced and the boys and I bowed goodbye. 

"YA  Han Byul. You're leaving us and you didn't even bother to tell us?" Seungyoon asked in his usual playful mode. 

"Ya... how can you leave us?" I rolled my eyes as Mino, the largest of them all, began to fake cry like a kid.

Jinwoo just smiled and asked," So where are you going to?"

"Japan, I'm being transferred there."

"And leaving me all alone!" Jini joined in the business of fake-crying with Mino. My my, both of them were a sight to behold. Taehyun put his fingers into his ears and shouted,"Quiet!" Both Mino and Jini pouted and stuck out their tongues towards the authoritative maknae. 

"So when are you leaving?" Seungyoon asked while tuning his guitar.

"5 days later." 

"Bwoh?! So fast?" And the huge rapper started his irritating fake-cry yet again and now at a higher decibel. After a few seconds, a cushion came flying towards Mino and hit him squarely on the face. "Ouch! WTF man Hoonie hyung!" 

"Shut up and start the practice." Seunghoon said quietly but firmly. Everyone started scurrying around the room to prepare for the rehearsal. Sometimes you wonder who is actually the real leader in this pre-debut group.  

"Wait!" Jini interjected,"I need your autographs first! Byul oppa needs to take pictures with you guys too before she leaves." Pictures? What pictures? I tried sending a mental threat to her but it just fell on her dumb and hard head. 

"Yea sure, why not? Byul was a good manager to us." Seungyoon smiled and gestured for the others to accede to my imbecile cousin's request. Couldn't she sense the mood just minutes ago? Pictures? Autographs? Seriously? 

After signing her flowery autograph book, Jini took her polaroid camera out and instructed me to take individual shots with the boys. Seungyoon and I smiled broadly while Nam Taehyun and I displayed our animosity through side glances and grim expressions. Jinwoo pretended to cry while Mino gave the biggest pout a rapper could give. 

Seunghoon stood up and took measured steps towards me. I stood against the wall nervously and remembered how close we were in the small recording studio just days ago. My face started to heat up and I could almost see an evil glint in both Jini and Taehyun's eyes. Seunghoon looked at me and smiled brightly. "Finally it's my turn!" He jumped right next to me, giving me the shock of my life. Seunghoon dealt me another shocking blow by putting his arms around me and pushing my head onto his shoulders.

"Smile say kimciiiiiii!" And the whirling sound of the camera could be heard while ejecting the photo. Jini took the polaroid and handed it to me. I stood there dumbfounded while watching the picture come to life. There we were looking like any other couple. The only thing was my stunned expression while looking up at Seunghoon with my head on his shoulders. 

This wasn't good for my heart.

"Am gonna go to the loo," Seunghoon declared right after the photo. Along the way to the toilet, Seunghoon couldn't stop cursing himself, "Pabo Lee Seunghoon.  What were you thinking of!? Kimchiiiii indeed. AISH!" 

"Oppas! I'm making a move! See ya at home Byul!" The boys looked at one another in puzzlement. I barely recovered from my shock before registering what she just said. "Oh ya, bye," I said weakly while holding the polaroid in my hand. The boys shrugged their shoulders while giving questioning looks all around. 

Jini hung around the male toilet and waited like a lioness in the bushes. Once she spotted her prey, she held her phone to her ear and said the lines she had prepared in advance loud enough for Seunghoon to 'accidentally' listen to. 

"Omma! I'm on my way home. Ya just at Byul onni's workplace." Jini pretended to listen to a non-existant omma before continuing, "Well I had to help onni right?  She said she wanted a picture together with the guy she liked since high school before she leaves for Japan in a few days' time. Ya I know she's a pabo. A big pabo. Ok I'm hanging up see ya at home omma." Jini finished her act with a few finishing touches on her phone and walkes her way out of YG while grinning from ear to ear. She could almost picture Seunghoon's shocked expression in her mind. "My my what a genius am I!" Jini giggled with her mental self compliment.  

Seunghoon heard it. He heard it all. He was numb with the shocking revelation and stood rooted to the floor outside the toilet. 

"Onni? Omma? Taking a picture with a guy she like since high school before she leaves for Japan?" Jini's words ran like a bullet train through his mangled mind. Seunghoon tried very hard to collecr himself and calm down but adrenaline was coursing through his veins as his mind ticked to work out the puzzle of what was going on. 

Then his heart gave him the answer. Byul likes him. Likes him a lot. That was all he had to know. 

Anyone who walked past that toilet at that moment would have tthought that Seunghoon had gone mad. He was smiling like the biggest fool on earth and his heart hadn't felt so light in months. Byul likes me. "When are you going to return my heart from 4 years ago?"Byul's words rang in his ears. 

Seunghoon's answer? NEVER. 

He turned towards the direction of the practice room and took firm and determined steps forward. Then he slowed to a halt and frowned. Wait, she's leaving in 5 days! 

"What should I do?!"