YG Family concert

Secrets are meant to be kept

"Hey Byul! Get the fu*king mic over here!" PD shouted over the walkie-talkie and I ran at the speed of light, avoiding humans, mike stands, wires and whatever that stands in my way. 

"Mianhe TOP hyung, I'll change your mic now." I sprouted breathlessly.  TOP grinned and nodded while checking if the new mic worked with the staff over at the other end. I heaved a huge sign of relief and reported my success over the walkie-talkie.  

"Get your arse to the make-up station now and equip 2ne1!"

I could have been on the national track and field team for all I know at the rate I'm dashing through the maze of humans, sound equipment and stage props. 

"Noonas, I need to fix your mics up. Whose holding the handheld?" Park Bom and CL put up their manicured fingers in the air while I suit the rest up with the mouth mics. Dara pat me on the head, "Gomawo Byul." I gave her a thumbs-up and shouted,"Hwaiting!"

 "Byul, don't forget about Winner," and a trickle of sweat rolled down my neck. Why did he have to join YG Entertainment to torture my heart? Thank goodness he didn't recognise me from our Busan days. Well he only saw me once, all bruised and tear-stained. Furthermore, my hair is now croppped and shaved at the sides and I wear cool hip hop clothes with piercings and tattoos to boot. Yes I'm a completely changed person. No longer the nerdy goody goody two shoes in Busan High.

"On my way ... over," the radiowave fizzled out. 

I rapped the wooden door of Winner's waiting room and took a sharp but deep breath in. "Come in!" a low voice sounded. Must be Mino. "Hey I've got to fix you guys up with the mic and receivers, let's do this quick."

Taehyun lifted his shirt up and exposed his slim but lean body for me to fix the mic. I always wonder how this kid got his fair and smooth skin. "Stop staring at me. Falling in love with my body?" "I was just wondering how much resemblance your fair skin and skinny bod has to that of a previous girlfriend, "I voiced out emotionlessly. He snorted and tucked in his shirt with dramatic strength. 

I had no problems with Mino, Jinwoo and Seungyoon although Seungyoon tried to smile at me all the time as I taped the wires and Mino couldn't stop giggling all time saying that I was the first female who was touching him in places his mom has not even seen before. YA RIGHT. 

Next came the biggest effing problem - Lee Seunghoon. "Annyeong Byul," he smiled and greeted me casually like he always does. I in the cold air-conditioned air and gave him the coldest stare possible. "Let's fix the mic," I mumbled and fixed his receiver on his slim waist and taped the wires to his chiselled back and neck. I tip-toed to placed the receiver earpiece in his right ear and indicated that he  was set to go with a firm nod. Before I could turn and escape out of the room, his enormous hands grabbed hold of my wrist and turned me around. My heart was banging against my ribcage and my throat went dry. "It's not loud enough," he pouted and pointed to his earpiece. He turned around and I had to untuck his shirt from his pants to readjust the receiver.  "How's it?" He responded with a thumbs-up and smiled from ear to ear, turning his eyes into crescent moons.  

"Good," that's all I said before I turned and walked out of the room, with my heart in my throat and my palms all sweaty. I closed my eyes and leaned against the wall. "Stop it Byul. He does that to everyone." Obviously that didn't make matters better. Inside I'm still the same Byul from Busan High. The same Byul who was/is still in love with Seunghoon.

Seunghoon's smiled froze and he frowned. What's up with that girl? He has heard rumours about her as she is one of the rare female managers around but she did treat him colder than the rest.  She was obviously admiring Taehyun's bod while flirting with Seungyoon and Mino. With him, he felt like a robot who was being wired up and recharged as she fixed the mic on him. Her cold eyes were piercing and her tone of voice could turn anything into ice. Did he offend her? Wasn't he pleasant enough to work with? Shaking off such unnecessary thoughts, Seunghoon started to review his lyrics for the song and soon forgot about stone cold Byul.