Do you... ... ?

Secrets are meant to be kept

Coiling the long black wires around her left arm, Byul couldn't help but grin as she recalled how adorable Seunghoon was when he received her bento. That morning, Byul almost caught herself making a heart shape on top of the rice using the green peas but thought the better of it. After using the cable-tie to secure the wires, Byul proceeded to tape the stage with crosses to indicate the positions. Byul loved her job, working in the background so that others can shine.

"Byul, can you check if the fireworks at the front of the stage is connected properly to the denotator?" Dong Woo's voice crackled from her walkie talkie in her back pocket. 

"Sure, on my way."

Seunghoon finished every single grain of Byul's bento and smiled giddily to himself. He hadn't had a home-made meal for months and Byul's simple dish was heavenly to him. He tapped the gallery of his smartphone and grinned as the selca he took with the bento popped up. With a few quick touches, he sent the photo to Byul.

Byul's phone vibrated while she was bending over the stage to check the connection of the pyrotechnics. The slight vibration was overwhelmed by Byul's desire to ensure that everything was alright and so went unnoticed. After much difficulty, she managed to connect the wires to the power source and sat on the stage in a relaxed manner. The empty stadium seemed so peaceful and surreal. In less than 24 hours, the very same serene place will be converted into an electrifying night. Byul was sure of that. YG family never fails to deliver. 

Seunghoon washed the bento box in the the pantry and returned to his team in the waiting room. 

As soon as Seunghoon entered the room, Nam cat slithered up to his hyung with an glint in his slanted eyes and asked, "So... how was it?"

"How was what?"

"You know... " drawled Nam Cat, "Byul's HOME-MADE FOOD?"

Jinwoo, Seungyoon and Mino all looked up from their phones and screeched, "YA! How come you get home-made food from Byul?"

"What sorcery is this!"

"Life is so unfair!"

"Is she a fan?"

"Did you blackmail her into doing this?"

"Maybe she is trying to poison Hoonie-hyung?"

Sometimes, Seunghoon wondered if the combined intelligence of all four of s could surpassed that of a 10 year old. 

"It was delicious. I didn't blackmail her into doing this for me. No, she is not a fan. I'm still very much alive, thank you very much. And yes, life is unfair, it up."

Seunghoon sat on the sofa while s decided to crowd around him, thinking of having strength in numbers.

"Then why did she do that?" Jinwoo asked innocently while Taehyun smirked.

"Unless... no way, impossible!" Mino screeched.

Seungyoon looked at Taehyun and back at Seunghoon who was looking at the group nonchalently. Then it hit him.

"Are you dating Han Byul?"

Immense silence took over the room.

Seunghoon stared ahead, not looking in any particular direction and muttered, "No..."

"But, we will be. In the future."

"WHAT!!!!!! Han Byul? That dude of a girl? Why would you want to date her?!" Mino screamed and Seunghoon looked offended. 

"She is very much normal except for her appearance which she has already changed. I would have liked her anyway." Seunghoon chimed while drinking a bottle of cola.

"Does she like you then?" Jinwoo asked innocently and received a smack in on the head by Taehyun, "Of course! Why would she prepare a bento just for him?"

"Hyung! You're seriously gonna date her?" Mino screeched more and Seunghoon nodded in response.

"I knew it! She was just pretending to be gay." Taehyun added triumphantly. 

Seungyoon got into his leader mode and stood up straight with an even straighter face. "Hyung, I don't think this is a good idea. YG would kill you, Byul and us," he said gravely, putting his hand on his hyung's shoulder, "We haven't debuted yet and you know the company's policy on dating. Even Big Bang hyungs have to date in secret."

Seunghoon pursed his lips and knew that he was being selfish to his group, "Look, we kind of confessed to each other about our feelings back in Seoul but we decided not to date... YET. She wants to work her way up in YG and I wanna concentrate on our debut."

"So... you and Byul will have a some-relationship?" Jinwoo asked with furrowed brows.

Seunghoon grinned, "Maybe, maybe not, maybe more."

"Hyung and Byul... OMG....." Mino started to fake-cry, "It's so sweet!" and that got him a really hard knock on the head from the maknae. 

"Hyung, what happens if Byul falls for another guy? We can't date openly but she can, "Seungyoon added logically.

Seunghoon opened his small eyes widely in horror at the thought of someone dating Byul and sparks of insecurities flew across his face. Almost at the same time, the members had the exact same thought to tease the out of their hyung. 

"She became so pretty now with her pink bob and cute dress sense. I've never noticed how slim she was under all those baggy hip hop clothes!" Seungyoon chimed excitedly, borderlining on being a ert.

Taehyun grinned as he recognised the game his leader was playing, "Yea, she's like totally a girl now. So different from before and you know those movies when the girl changes? All the guys will start falling for her!"

"Ya Byul is very pretty noooowwwwwww, " Mino cooed with hearts in his eyes but Jinwoo still looked unbearably confused at the situation.

Jinwoo looked at the dongseng whom he relied a lot on and realised, by the unhappy grimaces on his face, that Hoonie was in love with one of their managers. Being the romantic one, Jinwoo asked, "Have you thanked her for the bento?"

Seunghoon nodded cautiously while the other members watched the exchange with anticipation.

"And what did she say?"

Good question.

Seunghoon checked his phone and to his utter dismay, Byul did not reply at all. Hell, she hadn't even read the message or seen the selca he sent. Seunghoon pouted and frowned. "What is she so busy with? Can't even reply."

Seeing his reaction, Mino snatched the phone out of his hyung's hands.

"Wah! Hyung did an aegyo! With the bento. And the bento has a smiley face! OMG! So cute!"

"Lemme see lemme see!"

"OMG Seunghoon and bento selca! Hahahahahahaha!"

"What did you write? Thank you, it was delicious, I enjoyed it! Hahahahaah! So formal!"

Seunghoon groaned, did a face palm and dipped lower into the sofa as he regretted confiding in his childish and imbecile members. 

 

Han Byul started to have a sneezing fit while packing some of the mics for Winner's rehearsal.

"What's wrong with me?" she thought to herself as she walked towards the waiting room with the box of mics. 

Suddenly the door flung opened, revealing a very frustrated Seunghoon, "Shut up you pabos! You want the whole world to know that I like Byul?"

Byul stood at the door, totally frozen in front of Seunghoon who just declared to s how much he liked her. 

Seunghoon turned around and gulped loudly when he saw Byul staring straight ahead at him, seemingly drilling holes into his skull. Byul calmly pushed him him and placed the box in the middle of the room on the table.

"What the hell Lee Seunghoon?"

"What do you mean Han Byul?"

"Why are you telling everyone that you like me? It's embarrassing!"

"What do you mean embarrassing? You mean I'm an embarrassment?"

"We agreed to just be friends and not let anyone know about this! What happens if anyone heard you! I will lose my job and you have to go back dancing on the streets instead of in a studio!"

"Then why did you make a smiley bento for me when we are just 'friends'?" Byul swallowed hard as Seunghoon took a step towards her, and another and another. 

"And why was there no reply from you?" Seunghoon pouted as he stood just inches away from Byul's face.

"Reply?" Byul. 

"Forget it, you didn't even message me for the past 3 months. Not even once, guess we are not even 'friends'." 

"You didn't too!"

"You could have done it first!"

"Hey you are the guy! And you made the grand confession at my house!"

"You liked me since high school! And your wall's covered with my posters"

"Shut up!" Byul's voice rang out and she could distinctively hear muttering coming from the side of the room. 

"Wow, this is more interesting than a drama."

"They like each other or hate each other?"

"Where's the popcorn?"

"Byul liked hyung since high school? Awwww so sweet. Me want a girl to crush on me too! Life is not fair!"

 

Byul stared at the Winner members as though they had horns on their heads and started to panick.

"Why are all of you here?!" she screeched in despair, pointing her franctic fingers at the quartet on the sofa. 

"It's OUR waiting room." Taehyun smirked.

Byul buried her face in her hands and started to panick. . This isn't happening. They know. Oh no.

 

Then she felt a grip on her arm, shaking her out from her chaotic mind. "It's ok, I've already told them about us."

Byul looked up slowly and saw Seunghoon looking at her gently with a half-smile. 

"Why?"

"Why? They are my members. I don't want to lie to them. I trust them."

 

"I... I'm ah... I'm gonna head to the stage. Dong Woo hyung said to meet in 10. Mics are in the box. Help yourselves. Bye."

Seunghoon released her from his grip, knowing that Byul had to get out and away from s.

As Byul walked out, the Winner members waved at her and gave her thumbs-up. Byul shook her head and hurriedly went for the door.

"Erm, Byul?"

"Eh?"

"I need that reply soon. Like soon soon. See ya later."

 

:)