Nowhere to hide

Secrets are meant to be kept

This must be a dream. No scratch that. A bloody nightmare. 

Lee Seunghoon , the ultimate crush of my life, confessed that he liked me and that he knew I liked him too. And now this Lee Seunghoon was seated next to me in a cab, smirking and quietly humming a chirpy song. This was all too much for me to handle. I should be jumping for joy and singing Hallelluyah. I should be grinning from ear to ear. My heart should be blossoming into flowers. 

But no. That was not happening.

I was sweating, confused to a realm beyond my comprehension and wanting desperately to be as far as possible from this grinning and humming Chesire Cat seated next to me, holding on to my hand. I glanced sideways furtively and was greeted by a smiling baby lion. I frowned and closed my eyes and heaved a heavy sigh. WTH was going on? I must find a way to send him back to YG. 

"I can hear your thoughts ya know?"

I  stared hard at him with my mouth set in a straight line.

"You are plotting some devious way to send me back to YG right?" he smirked and held my hand even tighter than before, "Not gonna work. I'm way smarter than you will ever be and I am not going back until I send you home."

"Why!?" I shouted, causing the elderly ahjussi driver to cluck his tongue disapprovingly.

"Because I want to and I know you want me to."

"WTH. Look, I don't know how you got those weird ideas into your mind but I don't like guys," I countered firmly while trying to pull my hand out of his tight grip, "I'm a lesbian and Jini is my girlfriend. You've met her." After my rather loud declaration of my ual orientation, the ahjussi got into a frenzied coughing fit. I stared at Seunghoon and continued ranting, "Look at me! I'm like a dude, just like you. I don't like boys. I WANT to be a boy. Geddit? This must be a joke. Is this payback for how I have been treating you?"

"Hmm... so how have you been treating me?" Seunghoon inched closer while holding on to his death grip on my hand and looked me straight into the eye.

I took a deep breath in and mustered my ultimate resolute determination and did what I thought was the best solution at that current moment. I swung my head forward in full force and hit Seunghoon squarely on his forehead. 

"Ouch! WTH are you doing?" he yelled as he used both his hands to rub his sore forehead. I folded both my arms and scooted as far away as I could from him as he recovered from his shock and intense pain. 

"That is for following me without any good reason and more importantly, without any permission from Dong Goo hyung! I'm still technically a YG staff so I have the right to make sure you behave. I don't know what's wrong with you but you had better get your sorry arse back unless you want me to hit you more!" 

The cab screeched to a halt and Ahjussi turned around and demanded placidly for his fare with a stern stare and an outstretched palm. I paid him hurriedly while he gave the both of us judgemental looks. 

"You know agasshi or not, that boy there really likes you." I gave ahjussi the coldest galnce ever and stepped out of the cab and gave the car door a good slam. 

"Onni! You're back! That's fast!" Great just great, the person I REALLY had to see now, "Oh you are here too! Annyeonghaseyo! Seunghoon-si!" I groaned loudly and turned around with a vengence. 

"Go back now! This is too much and you have gone far enough. Thank you for sending me home. You can go now!"

"Oh Seunghoon-si, you helped to send my Onni home? How sweet!" I really felt like smacking her until the end of time as Park Jini cooed like a drooling fangirl. Then I realised she was giving the game away... !

"Onni?" Seunghoon responded with a puzzled look.

Jini tiptoed and slung her arms over my shoulders and nodded, "Yes, Byul is my onni. We are cousins." I stood as still as a statue but my mind was in overdrive on how to end Jini's life and mine too at the same time. 

"Park Jini! Get in here and finish up the dishes before I kill you!"

Jini chuckled, "And that's my omma, onni's yi-mu." If looks could kill, Jini would have died on the spot but alas it didn't work. 

"Wanna come in and have a drink? And perhaps look at Byul's room?" Jini offered Seunghoon with a cheeky wink. Before I could return to my senses, Seunghoon and that evil cousin of mine were trooping into the house! "WAIT!!!!!!!" I screamed and hurriedly blocked Seunghoon's way with my arms wide open. I shook my head imporingly at him, pleading with him with my eyes to get lost. I should have known that my mental messages would not enter his nuclear-proof thick skull as he pushed me aside and continued to stride towards the door of my house. 

In my utter desperation, I pulled his hoodie firmly and almost caused him to die by strangulation. Not worrying at all about him losing his life, I started to drag him towards the busstop.

"Owwww! Ouch! Let go! I can't breathe! Han Byul, you're killing me!" Seunghoon gasped with his arms flailing wildly about in front of him. 

Then the real nightmare arrived.

"PARK JINI! GET YOUR ARSE INTO THE KITCHEN NOW! AND YOU HAN BYUL! WHO ARE YOU KILLING NOW? I'LL KILL YOU FIRST!" My yi-mu, Jini's omma, the lioness of SoSeong-dong. 

I let go of Seunghoon's hoodie, totally defeated by my ridiculously lousy fate and luck. 

"Who is that boy? Are you disturbing my daughters?" Seunghoon gulped as Yi-mu literally pounced forward towards his gasping body and held him by the collar. 

Instead, Yi-mu gasped even louder as she saw his pale face, "You! You are the one!" Seunghoon's face now had a curious mixture of confusion, fear and the total lack of oxygen. If not for the severity of that moment, I would have found it altogether quite an adorkable sight. 

"You! You are over the walls of my Byul's bedroom!" Loose mouths do run in that side of the family I supposed. 

The sight before me wasn't a pretty sight to behold at all - Park Jini was smirking with wiggling eyebrows, Yimu was staring at me as though I was her prey while still clutching Seunghoon's collar and, and, and Seunghoon's mischievous grin which just states "you are so busted".

Well, that's it folks. I'm ready to die.