Avoid at all costs

Secrets are meant to be kept

"Kamsahaminda! Kamsahaminda!" The mandatory loud greetings and low bowing continued at every turn. The YG family Osaka dome concert was a blast and as per tradition,  the entire company's gonna get themselves sloshed at some uppity club in town. I just wanted to hole up in my hotel room and sleep til the sun bakes my arse the next morning. It was tiring enough having just to run around the whole time, picking up loose ends. Now I had to babysit drunk celebs. Great, just great. 

 "Smile! Why are you frowning? We are gonna have loads of fun tonight!" I froze on the spot when I recognised the voice and stopped breathing for a while when an heavy arm slumped on my shoulders. I took a huge breath in and an even larger step forward. Without  turning around, I continued to pick up the mics and receivers on the dressers into the box I was holding. "I'm clearing up. You guys have to assemble soon for a quick debrief before heading to the club." I said as nonchalantly as possible as I side-stepped towards the door and got out of Winner's waiting room in one piece. I must say I'm pretty proud of my ninja-like avoidance skills and ability to suppress any emotion towards the one who affects me the most. "It has been 4 freaking years and you are still the same..." I muttered to myself in disappointment.  

Seunghoon's eyes narrowed and he folded his arms while leaning against the dresser. "What's wrong with her? Or what's so wrong about me?"

"What are you muttering about?" Taehyun sauntered into the room with 2 bottles of water. Passing one to his hyung, he looked at him with his eyebrows raised. 

"It's Byul... it's like she either A) Hates me or B) Think I'm not worthy of any attention at all," Seunghoon was on the brink of whining.

"It's just her. She treats everyone like that, especially the boys. She doesn't like men remember? She is L-to the esbian." 

"But at least she shows her disdain for you openly and actively if I may add," The diva maknae crossed his legs and cupped his head with his hand,"Well maybe she views me as the ultimate competition for the affection of the fairer ," and admired his reflection in the mirror. 

Ignoring the narcissistic displays of his dongseng, Seunghoon went on,"She smiles at Jinwoo all the time!" 

"EVERYONE smiles at Jinwoo."

"True. But she flirts with Mino and Seungyoon!" Seunghoon threw his hands up dramatically. 

The diva maknae squinted his eyes towards his hyung and gave a meaningful look, "Why are you so upset about how Byul is treating you? Sure sounds like some unrequited love going on here."

"Don't talk bull here.  I'm just frustrated why she's treating me so indifferently as though I'm some robot or statue. At least she has some sort of an emotion or expression around you guys."

Taehyun kept quiet and drank his water slowly, while staring at his frustrated hyung. Sometimes those at the sidelines are clearer than those in the game. Taehyun pat Seunghoon on the back and pushed him out of the room towards the rest of the YG family.

"I'm curious too hyung... let's find out tonight shall we?" And the diva gave the most devious smirk possible.

Seunghoon didn't understand what his youngest member was sprouting about but his mood turned for the better when he met up with his favourite hyungs and noonas in YG family and he started to be his usual hyperactive self. What he didn't realise was a perculiar figure standing in the shadows of the backstage, smiling with twinkling eyes while looking at him having the time of his life. It was afterall, their first concert. 

I sighed inwardly as I started the engine of the vehicle which contained the Winner ragtag gang. Why did I have to transport this band of boys instead of my usual Epik High hyungs who would sit back silently with their earplugs snuggly in their ears and eyes shut? 

"Byul, you are in charge of Winner today. Make sure they don't drink too much and that they stay within the confines of the club. Oh and make sure they are back in their hotel rooms in one piece. By the way, they have a schedule tomorrow. Fan signing at 2pm."

My mouth couldn't close even after manager mat-hyung left to transport Big Bang to the club. Why me?

I got into the driver's seat and was stunned for a moment when thedoor on the passenger side opened and presented a smiling Seunghoon.