genius in person.

Play Me Up ►

 

 

 

genius in person.

 

 

 

 

There was no doubt that Lu Han would contemplate Sehun's opinion. He seemed like someone who was responsible and know how to judge such things. Lu Han didn't know him for long but he totally trusted him so when he said okay that Kai would be allowed to join. He just had to take no notice of this nauseating person and run away from his flowers. Lu Han would obviously accept edible presents but everything else had to go. He didn't want Kai to think that he felt the same so he kicked him out of the room and closed the door.

 

 

 

"He is so stupid and won't leave me alone." Lu Han muttered, his eyes focused through the gap of the door and caught a glimpse of his admirer.  He was standing near the narrow corridor and was staring at the flower in his hands. Lu Han only got a fleeting look at him, before he stuck his tongue out and closed the door. He wasn't immature at all. Well that was what he thought because Sehun furrowed his eyebrows and asked himself if he was truly younger than him.

 

 

 

 

Something shifted behind Lu Han's sparkling eyes when he turned around and his face was fully back in Sehun's view as his charming smile came up for just the briefest of seconds. He changed his attitude from angry to happy in such a short time. Of course Sehun couldn't or more didn't want to smile back and looked away. Why would he smile to him? They were not even friends. In addition to that, Sehun hated it to admit it but he was somehow a loser like Lu Han had said. He didn't have friends, he didn't have anyone. But in what exactly did he lose? The chances to make friends?

 

 

 

Instead of just sitting at the back when he transferred from elementary to middle school or from middle to high school, he should have done something. Like trying to talk to others. Make friends. Socialise, he didn't like the company of others though he couldn't deny that he was lonely. He wouldn't cry about it but it hurt. And Lu Han's presence- smile even was able to fill that hole in his heart. He was special that was sure after knowing him for two days.

 

 

 

 

He practically stomped over to Sehun and took his hands in his own. This was one of the things that was a taboo for anyone. To thoughtlessly touch Sehun was something that Lu Han should have been apologizing for. He was dumb but that didn't mean that he wasn't informed about the outcast Sehun was. Everyone knew about the difficulty to talk to someone like him. It was almost impossible as a definite outcome was ignorance. But why did he ignore that? Why couldn't Lu Han see through Sehun's glare? Why couldn't Lu Han notice the way Sehun was treated by classmates?

 

 

 

 

 

This treatment had a reason.

 

 

 

 

 

"Remove your hands." He spoke with slight shaky voice, biting back insults he was bound to shout out. This imprudent smile and careless attitude from Lu Han made him more worked up for than needed. He never thought that he would deal with a person like that. His ways to interact with Sehun triggered all of his past experience with friendship to rush back into his mind. He was thinking about that. His stomach gave another lurch at the sight of Lu Han leaning forwards to say something again.

 

 

 

 

"You know I expected you to be a bit happier now that you are a member. I thought that you and Kai could be playmates but I'm wrong...he's still obsessed with me." Lu Han's lips softened around the corners and he kept his warm smile up. He was older than Sehun and yet he wasn't thinking enough about his word choices. They weren't children so why did he use playmates to refer to Kai's and Sehun's possible future friendship? As well as a 'club for losers' was not smart to say.

 

 

 

 

Instead of moralising him, Sehun pushed him away and formed both of his hands into fists, "Don't touch me I already told you that. I don't want to talk either just get me a chair. This Kai knows this one guy right? There you go, leave me alone." He stared at Lu Han, waiting for a response as to why he was still there and not talk to Kai. He had just kicked his admirer out granting that both agreed to let him join. Lu Han actually didn't know why he did that. He said nothing and only carried on with looking only at Sehun.

 

 

 

This gaze was so tremendous that it let Sehun's pulse beat a bit quicker. He refused to acknowledge it and just shrugged it off by being angry. His heart was also beating faster because he just couldn't bare this stupid situation anymore. Didn't Lu Han have anything to say?

 

 

 

 

"We are still stuck together so we need to do everything as a team okay? I have the feeling that you will let me down..." Lu Han said that quietly, his gaze dropped down to their shoes. He seemed self-conscious when a deep blush appeared on his cheeks, "You have no friends and I don't have any either. We are similar. I think w-we can understand each other..." Something twisted in his stomach when their eyes met and he swallowed, nodding his head to confirm what he had confessed. 

 

 

 

The younger wasn't prepared for this so the only thing he could do was watch Lu Han mutter nonsense. Lu Han wasn't really sure what he was saying either and just fiddled with his fingers. The blush didn't fade and made it clear that he was ashamed to have said that. He didn't have friends. That was a strange secret to have been confessed to because it was not predictable. He was so bubbly and the one to have come to Sehun. So shouldn't he be totally fine with making friends? What stopped him from making them?

 

 

 

 

 

"You don't have any friends?" It came from Sehun both amazed and baffled. There wasn't an answer for a moment, he didn't understand why Lu Han was blushing and saying those words. Why was he suddenly so embarrassed? He didn't have to have friends in order to be happy. It was nothing to be ashamed of. Sehun spent all of his life like that, he was used to it. He didn't know if it was like that as well for Lu Han or if he did have friends at some point. And again he was silent and glanced aside. He didn't know what to say and that Kai was waiting outside didn't make it better.

 

 

 

 

"I...no I don't...but that's okay because you don't have any either." Lu Han spoke up and made a slightly scared face. He was scared that Sehun would turn is back on him since Lu Han kept on talking about making friends and thus far he didn't have any. He and Sehun were on the same boat though he didn't feel connected to the younger in this moment. He did on other occasions but like this he didn't. As if something was blocking the way between them, as if there was something that didn't let Lu Han get closer to Sehun. He would find out what this was and fix whatever had to be.

 

 

 

 

Sehun was speechless.

 

 

 

 

But he didn't let it show.

 

 

 

 

 

"Of course you don't have any friends. I wouldn't want to be friends with someone like you either." It was meant to be cold and rude; a wakeup call to remind Lu Han that Sehun was not someone easy to talk to. However Lu Han had the ideal answer to this straightforward statement.

 

 

 

 

"But you don't want to be friends with anyone. So I'm not hurt." He smiled and showed with that, that he wouldn't feel out of place because of this. And it really worked because Sehun ran out of words to say and thoughts to go over. He watched how Lu Han twisted the hem of his shirt with his small hands. He didn't look up when he spoke. His eyes darted back and forth between the wall and their shoes. He intermittently heard the banging from Kai who was impatiently waiting to be let in.

 

 

 

 

 

"Sunshine, I appreciate your efforts to be friends with me...or whatever you want to me but no. I just can't do this. It will be ing annoying if you try to change me. You have that picture of Soojung and I to keep me here. Don't forget that I'm not voluntarily here. Alright?" Sehun whispered this as unruffled and collected as he could. He couldn't believe that he was being used as an experiment of making friends by Lu Han. He didn't want to get into any of that. A peaceful and quiet life was the only thing he asked for.

 

 

 

His gaze flicked to Lu Han's face for a brief moment, "Only call me if you have actually something to say." Sehun's sharp voice caused the other to slightly flinch. Then after saying this he turned away and walked to the direction of the door with a frown. He hoped that this message was clear enough for Lu Han and he wouldn't do something stupid to get him back. He thought wrong because Lu Han wouldn't just let it sink in. He came after Sehun who had practically opened the door already and wrapped his arms around Sehun's torso.

 

 

 

He pressed his cheek against Sehun's shoulder and hugged him as tight as he could. A burning blush flared up on Lu Han's cheeks when he held onto the younger tighter, "You can't leave me alone! I thought we are doing this together!" His blush deepened as both Kai and Sehun were in shock when his bold move was picked up by their minds. Especially Sehun whose hand was still on the handle and his eyes were focused on Kai who on the other hand didn't expect that. Sehun would feel the same in his position that someone out of the blue hugged him.

 

 

 

 

That was one of Sehun's first hugs even though he couldn't hug back.

 

 

 

 

When he felt how close Lu Han actually was his whole body quivered in horror. He didn't know what to feel about that- as if everything was a mess. He was used to reject anything physical to another person and here he was having troubles to think straight. Lu Han's fingers were curling into Sehun's clothes and this triggered for Sehun's heart to race triple as fast. It was thumping so fast and blood flushed from anywhere to everywhere. It felt warm. This warmness was something he hadn't felt in a while so pushing Lu Han away would cut this special feeling short.

 

 

 

 

 

"What are you doing?! Didn't you say that you are not in love with him?!" Finally Kai was the one that shattered this moment and brought boys back into reality. He couldn't stand it to see Lu Han blushing for someone who wasn't him. He was the one who supported Lu Han unlike Sehun as he noticeably didn't care about him. This wasn't fair. Everyone knew what a bad person and influence Sehun was, so why would Lu Han want to stick around with him? He joined because he loved music and Lu Han and not to see their disgusting skin ship.

 

 

 

 

"I'm not in love with him! But this idiot doesn't get it!" Sehun made an effort to shove the elder away which didn't quite work out. With his whining and strong hands he effectively managed it to hold onto Sehun. His determination was rather amusing to see but not for anyone present. They all had their own problems. Lu Han also who took a deep, steadying breath when he felt that Sehun was going to give up. It was clear for Lu Han that Sehun's firm attitude was going to crumble into little pieces. He wasn't as strong as he made himself out to be.

 

 

 

 

"Sehun you can't leave me! I'll be alone with this freak!"

 

 

 

"But I love you!"

 

 

 

"Get away from me!"

 

 

 

 

This childish behaviour from both of them was seriously starting to madden Sehun. Pushing the heel of his hand onto his forehead, he wouldn't be able to get use to them. But he had to. He didn't know for how long but until he would get the picture back he would be a helpless puppet in Lu Han's hands. He didn't know what the elder was capable of doing. He squeezed his eyes shut as he told himself that he had to survive it. Maybe the fourth person to join had a normal functioning brain. How Kai and Lu Han described this person equalled him to a genius.

 

 

 

It sounded like this smart person was someone unreachable as Kai had managed to sneak into the club although Lu Han was strongly against it. He really disliked the attention he got from his admirer even Sehun could see that. So him suddenly agreeing that Kai could join proved that this person was very important. For some aggravating reason he actually wanted to meet that person as well. He usually wouldn't care about their activities for the reason that he didn't see himself as a member but still he was somehow excited.

 

 

 

 

"I don't care I told you that already. Now let go of me." As he was told Lu Han dejectedly let go of Sehun and stepped back. He didn't want Sehun to think that he was clingy because he knew how inconvenient it was. He anxiously watched Sehun as he turned around to face the other, searching his face for any hints that he would now start crying. His sunshine was very sensitive which he knew. This was the reason why he didn't want associate himself with others. He would be able to make them laugh and happy though there was also the possibility of making them sad and cry.

 

 

 

If he would have never talked and interacted with Lu Han, if he only would have watched him from distance then Sehun wouldn't have felt bad. He felt bad for making him feel those nagging and horrible emotions. He had no plans of raising his voice but that didn't mean that he was even so angry.

 

 

 

 

"You can't talk that badly to him! Who do you think you are?!" Finally Kai opened his mouth and decided that he wouldn't stand there silently anymore. He would protect Lu Han if anyone ever wanted to fight him. He was Lu Han's wall and would shield him from any harm. This included that Sehun and whatever he planned to do.

 

 

 

 

 

Lu Han shook his head and sighed.

 

 

 

 

"It's totally fine. I mean I can't expect Sehun to stay with me when I was the one who blackmailed him." He let out a shaky breath, his blood rushing behind to his cheeks. Inhaling deeply again he cut off his thoughts before they could twist too deeply into his mind and take it over. He couldn't think that Sehun would do whatever he was told to. Friendship didn't work like that. He had to consider the other one's feelings too. He couldn't only think about himself, he didn't want to be selfish. He wanted to make everything as enjoyable as he could.

 

 

 

 

Sehun couldn't believe what he had just heard. Did Lu Han acknowledge his mistake? Could it be that he would let Sehun finally alone? He knew what he did was wrong. And as much as Sehun didn't want to know that he supposed that Lu Han was kind-hearted. With him knowing what he did wrong, he would never continue. So he wouldn't really have a choice but it up and leave Sehun alone. He would give him the picture with no hard feelings and let him go. That was what Sehun thought would happen.

 

 

 

 

"So you will let me go?" He asked and narrowed his eyes in distrust.

 

 

 

 

 

Lu Han guiltlessly blinked at him.

 

 

 

 

"What. Who said that. I've never said that you can."

 

 

 

"But didn't you just-"

 

 

 

"Blah blah blah! What Lu Han says is law! If he says you will stay then you don't have choice!" And here was Kai mindlessly jumping into the conversation, set to protect his love. He didn't want a third person around but he had no choice.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You two don't know how much I hate you right now." Sehun spoke apathetically.

 

 

 

 

"Don't worry Sehun. It will soon turn into love. We losers minus Kai stick after all together." With a cheerful smile Lu Han patted the younger's shoulder and flashed him a thumbs up.

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun doubted that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-x-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kai being very popular was actually a huge advantage to them. He could reach out for information which was usually not accessible for ordinary people. Like data. He was easily able to get the location of the wonder student with a snap of his fingers. Lu Han attempted that a while ago alone but came back with empty hands. He was coldly rejected and the reception lady also said that she couldn't give just a student with no relation the information. So whatever Kai did was greatly appreciated by Lu Han. He didn't forget that Kai was annoying and irritating though he could be helpful from time to time.

 

 

 

 

 

Unlike Sehun who just wanted to go home. They were standing in front of a house but it wasn't his nor Lu Han's or Kai's. It was the house from the genius student who was called Park Chanyeol. It wasn't that far from school. Lu Han was the most excited because he wanted to know if all those rumours about Chanyeol were true. As Chanyeol hadn't visited their school since freshman year. The reason was unknown. Something must have had happened in his house for him to stay there. And that was what Lu Han wanted to find out aside from persuading him to join their club. It was not only that as Lu Han wished to get to know him better.

 

 

 

 

 

 

After knocking two times, a lady opened the door for them.

 

 

 

"Hello how can I help you?" She asked politely and titled her head in question as if she had never seen students standing at her doorstep.

 

 

 

 

"I want to talk to Chanyeol."

 

 

 

"Lu Han wants to talk to Chanyeol. It's very important so cooperation is needed."

 

 

 

"I want to go home."

 

 

 

 

All three heads turned to Sehun who had said that without batting his eyelashes. He wouldn't take this back as these words were the first ones that came into his mind. He did want to go home everything was so tiring. Especially Lu Han's hyper and pushy personality. He never thought that he would ever be in such a position. To try to convince a person none of them ever saw or personally know to join their music club. If he refused to go to school then why in the world would he agree to join? As if Chanyeol would go back to school only for this club and not education.

 

 

 

 

 

"Sehun is so funny!" The eldest of the boys loudly laughed and held his stomach.

 

 

 

"It wasn't meant to be a joke." Kai interrupted his laughing and clenched his jaw in fury.

 

 

 

"Please follow me if you want to talk to Chanyeol." The owner of the house awkwardly said that and walked back into her house. Of course the other three followed her and looked around when they got the chance. She led them upstairs and pointed at door where her son was probably in. Lu Han and Kai determinedly looked at each other and nodded as Sehun yawned in boredom. He really wanted to go home; this had to be a joke. The mother left them alone and definitely asked herself why those boys came to talk to her son. She couldn't remember that Chanyeol had ever talked about friends though they seemed harmless.

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm opening..." Lu Han started and turned the knob with his shaking hand. He thought that he would be greeted with books about composing, instruments, a mini studio- even a guitar but there wasn't any of that. The room was very dark with the curtains pushed together nevertheless Lu Han could make that out. He wasn't disappointed about that but he should have been. What rather attracted his attention was the person who was curled in blankets and was sitting in front of a computer which flickering light was visible. It must have been Chanyeol but why was he so calm and didn't react?

 

 

 

 

There were strangers in his room and Chanyeol didn't even wince.

 

 

 

His eyes were fixed on the computer while typing eagerly on the keyboard.

 

 

 

 

"Excuse me? Park Chanyeol?" Lu Han approached him with a nervous smile but the called one didn't respond. Sehun was also surprised by the way his room looked like. It didn't look like the room of a genius more like a hobo. He swore that he stepped twice onto a carton with half eaten pizza. This was disgusting. There were so many more things hidden by the darkness and the little amount of light. Kai had it worse since he really wasn't used to such behaviour. His wealthy parents made always sure that the house was always clean and usable. He also didn't understand how Chanyeol couldn't fall for that beautiful voice Lu Han gave out.

 

 

 

 

The lack of response made all three of them uneasy.

 

 

 

 

 

"I think he's shy...Kai, Sehun! Introduce yourselves." Lu Han demanded with his hands on his chest, he didn't like this at all.

 

 

 

 

"Kim Jongin."

 

 

"Oh Sehun."

 

 

 

 

 

There was nothing from Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

 

He was busy with his computer and totally disregarded the guests.

 

 

 

 

 

Lu Han really didn't like that.

 

 

 

 

 

"H-Hey. I'm Lu Han. Do you like music?"

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol stopped typing.

 

 

 

 

 

He looked up; his eyes were fixed on Lu Han's surprised face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"On what level do you unlock that?"

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Juniel - I think I'm in love ♡

 

What are your thoughts on this update? 

 

bomi xoxo