count on me.

Play Me Up ►

 

 

count on me.

 

 

 

 

 

So this was their situation. Sehun knew that a lot of inconvenient things happened like avoiding sunshine but that was the tip of the iceberg. Being locked with him? What was wrong with everything? It couldn't be their teacher since he wouldn't forget his own students. The only person who would be able to have the keys would be the janitor. This made sense as the time for detentions was already over but Sehun and sunshine had to stay longer. Things like that could happen, Sehun wasn't angry because of that. He was angry that sunshine could have every opportunity to trouble him.

 

 

 

At first Sehun thought that sunshine would panic that they were just locked up with nobody around. He was very wrong because sunshine wasn't as weak minded as Sehun expected. He was moderately calm and to make it stranger- he looked like he was having fun at the situation. He didn't laugh or made unnecessary and optimistic remarks but simply accepted what happened. He knew that crying around wouldn't help out so he did...nothing. He hummed and interlocked his fingers which were resting diligently on the desk. Sehun's heart had sunk at this behaviour. He was grateful that sunshine didn't use that chance to blabber but his silence was even more annoying.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He wanted sunshine to interact with him- but not talk too much.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey sunshine." He spoke loudly so that the other could hear him. He would be too embarrassed to repeat it in case of getting misheard or anything like that. He didn't want to give sunshine the upper hand in this moment who flinched at this call. He turned his body around and lightly blushed, waving at Sehun with a sleepy smile.

 

 

 

"Hey!" He responded and honestly this looked so pitiful right now, not that Sehun cared. He cared about his next step as he had now sunshine's whole attention. What should he say? He had gotten that what he wanted. Sunshine was wisely watching him with his huge eyes that truthfully appeared to be sparkling. No wonder, this was sunshine after all. Moving on, Sehun swallowed and couldn't focus his eyes on a point. For a moment he took in sunshine's awaiting expression, and then he let out a small sigh of defeat. "Nothing much."

 

 

 

Nodding almost automatically in response, sunshine stood up and rushed to Sehun who didn't see that coming. Exactly like their first meeting, sunshine propped his hands flat on the desk's surface and leaned forwards, "What did you say?" His eyes were shining more than usually and Sehun could only lean his head back as he did not want to come too close to him. Was this question just a poor attempt to come close to him?

 

 

 

Sehun narrowed his eyes and made a shoo hand motion for sunshine to step back. Like he demanded sunshine hastily nodded and walked two steps back so only a good metre was separating them, "Don't ever come this close. I said 'nothing much'. Go back to your seat." He actually hesitated before replying; preposterously hoping sunshine would not listen to him. He was going against his own words but he couldn't deny that he liked it. He liked sunshine's quirky and pathetic personality, he liked having him close.

 

 

 

 

 

"Noted!" Sunshine responded while saluting with a proud smile.

 

 

 

"Go then back."

 

 

 

"It's lonely over there."

 

 

 

"It's like a few metres."

 

 

 

 

"A few metres too much..." He answered with a lousy attitude and even dared to blush again. There was nothing to blush about Sehun didn't understand. He froze in the midst of saying that sunshine should stop with the complaining. A few seconds went by with nothing happening until Sehun rubbed his temple and raised his trembling fist, "Listen sunshine. This will meet your face if you don't shut up. Don't be so annoying." He couldn't find another way to get this into his brain. He has to understand it like that; it didn't matter if it was a forceful threat.

 

 

 

 

This was how sunshine was thinking because he smiled and nodded.

 

 

 

"Got it!"

 

 

 

 

 

"Good. Only because we are locked in here doesn't mean that we have to talk. But I do require your help because I left my phone at home and we need to call someone for help. Preferably someone who wouldn't get us into useless troub- why are you smiling like that?" He really needed to teach sunshine what respect meant as half of the time he was talking, it looked like sunshine wasn't even listening. Like right now, he was just smiling by himself and even blew his cheeks up to suppress his laughing.

 

 

 

 

"It's...because..!!" He unsuccessfully tried to hold it back but it eventually cracked through and his eyes lit up.

 

 

 

 

 

"I don't have a phone! Funny right?!"

 

 

 

 

Sunshine laughed hysterically, with tears running down his face. He clutched his stomach; the sounds he was giving out were light, and mixed with amusement at the matter. Unfortunately Sehun did not think that this situation was in the very least funny. He didn't laugh- would never, and just stared at the shorter who was slightly bending down to keep his laughter into place.

 

 

 

Sehun quietly walked towards sunshine and literally grabbed his legs to throw him over his shoulders. With a soft 'thump' sunshine smacked his head against Sehun's shoulder; he could smell the refreshing scent. He wasn't the person to randomly smell other people but Sehun's was different.

 

 

 

Then Sehun strutted to the window with Lu Han on his shoulder and opened the window:

 

 

 

 

"Sorry sunshine, I gave you a chance."

 

 

 

 

When the seriousness of this moment hit sunshine, his eyes widened and he squeezed his eyes shut:

 

 

 

"Sorry! I'm so sorry! Please don't do this!"

 

 

 

 

Sehun smirked and leaned forwards so sunshine dug his fingers onto Sehun's shoulders being visible distraught.

 

 

 

 

"Oh Sunshine, you don't know me."

 

 

 

 

"I'M SO SORRY! I'LL BE QUIET!"

 

 

 

 

"You are screaming."

 

 

 

 

"Sorry...Please don't kill me...!!" He whined with tears in his eyes and Sehun couldn't tell if this was his allergy or not. He did hesitate because he was the only person who would be there so wouldn't he be the culprit? If someone would ever find out about that. He yet again had to stop as the last thing he would want to happen became reality. He had his eyes wide open; sunshine was in his mind pushed into the background because he just saw his teacher entering a car. The same teacher who was responsible for him and sunshine was really at the parking lot, ready to leave.

 

 

 

 

Not long ago after that he heard the faint sound of an engine followed by the rumbling of the moving car.

 

 

 

 

There were no more cars at the parking lot and it was slightly dark outside.

 

 

 

 

 

"What the ..." Sehun stepped back into the classroom away from the window and let sunshine down. He was speechless, "This ." Sehun said in a less aggressive voice whereas sunshine was still seeing stars from being kept head over for several minutes. He was trying to find his balance which didn't fairly work out. Sehun sighed in frustration and there was a short moment of silence that had sunshine stop attempting to balance himself on his feet but pay attention to what happened. He innocently looked up at Sehun who went through his hair with a stern expression.

 

 

 

 

 

He didn't look very friendly so sunshine didn't want to ask anything although he did.

 

 

"Did something happen?" Sunshine was nervous as Sehun groaned and walked over to the wall. The shorter almost tripped over his own feet as he waited to hear the rest of what happened. But what he only got was that Sehun leaned his back against the wall and then slid down, grabbing his face with his hand. Awkwardly standing away from him sunshine contemplating to ask again and bit his lips. He would have seemed pushy. So he did the next best thing and sat next to the aggravated boy. He hugged his legs and smiled at the other who was still glaring. Sunshine knew that smiling wouldn't do much so he tried to keep it down. Instead he slapped his own cheeks for some encouragement.

 

 

 

 

"That er left us." Sehun breathed out, anger was reflected in his eyes.

 

 

 

Sunshine wanted to make him feel better though he did not really know how, "J-Just see it as camping. I mean we don't...have tents. A-And a supervisor or food or fire or we aren't outside but...just imagine we have it all here." He stretched his legs out and showed Sehun a heart-warming little smile. It was like his heart clenched upon hearing this no matter how dumb it sounded. Because it was dumb. He only gazed at the other with no hints of emotions on his face which gave sunshine permission to continue. He blushed and tucked a strand of brown hair behind his ear and formed his hands into curves:

 

 

 

"H-Have some imaginary hot chocolate." He muttered and stretched his arms to Sehun who's gaze fell down to his hands.

 

 

 

He strangely enough 'took' it from sunshine and had his hands now into a half ball.

 

 

 

 

He stared at it and threw it without a word away:

 

 

 

 

"This is too hot."

 

 

 

 

 

Sunshine slightly gasped and cupped his cheeks.

 

 

 

 

 

"I'll do it better next time!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun needed to get out from there.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The day was almost over and Sehun still had the feeling that something bad would happen. What exactly, was it that sunshine was resting his head on Sehun's shoulder and drooled? Sehun couldn't sleep because of that and their inflexible position. He was never able to take a nap while sitting. It was not comfortable and broke his neck. He obviously couldn't keep his eyes awake for several hours and thus had them closed for a few minutes. He wished that he could peacefully sleep like sunshine was. He was tired but his body didn't allow him to fall asleep. The snoring from sunshine was even more frustrating and Sehun couldn't help but sigh.

 

 

 

At least they had the clock in the classroom which showed that it was midnight.

 

 

 

 

Sehun could anyway tell that it was this late because of the lack of noise outside. And the unmistakable darkness from outside the window, it got colder too. The freezing cold chilled his fingers into rigid numbness, cold trickled into his toes and spread hideously throughout his feet. It sneaked under his shirt and made him feel sick. The heater must have been off, of course. Who would turn it on if there wasn't anyone left? More importantly how could sunshine sleep through this coldness? He didn't seem cold and with time had laid his head on Sehun's shoulder.

 

 

 

He was sunshine, he obviously wouldn't feel cold.

 

 

 

Thinking about it never failed to warm Sehun's heart. He couldn't tell what was wrong with him. He was breaking his own rules by being close to sunshine and letting him being close. He could have pushed sunshine any time away. It was his own will to keep the other with him. The drool was too annoying though, he would make sure to smack him when he would be awake. But now everything was okay. In moments like this, it slapped him out of nowhere how far he had come in not even a day. Everything he felt and thought about- his knowledge about sunshine was just a few hours old. And yet it felt like they knew each other for ages.

 

 

 

 

 

"It's..."

 

 

 

 

Sehun turned his head carefully to sunshine's which was still on his shoulder. Sunshine furrowed his eyebrows and sustained to mumble incoherent sentences. He tilted his head up in Sehun's general direction, but his eyes were still closed. It was like a war was raging behind his eyes as his brows knitted together. What was he going to say? Something important? Sehun folded his arms across his chest, wondering what it was about. This vagueness made his pulse race.

 

 

"It's...not sunshine...it's Han...Lu Han.." He murmured and to some extent shifted in his sleep. Everything was getting too much for Sehun who stretched his leg out which hit against a chair he didn't see. It was too cold and too dark. So his name was Lu Han? Sehun opened his mouth to say something, but closed it again almost instantaneously, apparently unable to find the words for what he wanted to say. Instead, he leaned forward and Lu Han let his eyes flutter shut, falling back into the rhythm of his sleep.

 

 

 

"Whatever I don't care." Sehun groaned and still tried to keep his voice down. He couldn't care less about that. He knew that his sunshine had an actual name but he wanted to shake the feeling that he was wrong. He didn't care that it was a nickname. The feeling only strengthened when he caught himself calling Lu Han sunshine. He never said that it was bothering him. There was not one time when he said that Sehun should stop it with the sunshine. He only glanced over a few more times before he left, shooting one last glance over his shoulder whenever Sehun caught him hiding.

 

 

 

 

So shouldn't this be fine?

 

 

 

 

The last straw was when Lu Han snuggled his face more onto Sehun's neck and was rubbing his saliva all over it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun shoved the shorter away so that he fell. Head forwards, up and laid on the ground.

 

 

 

 

As if nothing happened he snored and carried on sleeping.

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun honestly needed to get out of there.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When he opened his eyes he could have only hoped that the door would be open. Or that Lu Han had learned from his mistake and wouldn't bother him anymore. Well he doubted that the latter would happen. Sehun woke up to the heat of the stuffed up air in the room. He forced his eyes do properly open up and twisted on his position. The first thing he noticed was that he was completely alone. There was no Lu Han or anyone else. Did he already leave? He must have had because there was a little gap at the door indicating that it had been opened.

 

 

 

Standing up on his legs, Sehun rubbed his eyes and ruffled his hair. It was time to leave. He grabbed his bag and looked out of the window; brilliant orange drizzled out of the sun and through the horizon. The crumpled clouds were every shade from lightest red to bottomless pink. Sehun had to narrow his eyes from the burning morning sunlight. His first priority wasn't to find out if he was late to a lesson or where Lu Han was. He wanted to go home, lay on his bed and sleep until his bones wouldn't twinge anymore. He was tired and this unplanned overnight sleepover was adding to his back pain.

 

 

 

He could catch a glimpse from the clock; he was already two hours late into his first lesson.

 

 

 

What surprised him was that this classroom wasn't used yet. He expected a teacher followed by students to kick him out. He moved towards the slightly opened door and walked out. Nobody was in the hallways- not even a teacher. They were all in lessons; the silence was making him feel uneasy. Would Lu Han be in his lesson too? But why didn't he wake Sehun up? Suddenly he was going to say something despite him being alone but was interrupted by his own shaking head. He shouldn't think about such a noisy and exasperating person.

 

 

 

He looked up with a guarded expression, walking through the hallways to get to the toilets. Sehun felt like something was dragging his eyelids down and caused him to feel so dizzy. He obviously didn't have a good sleep. But then when he passed the lockers the recognition hit him and made the colour drain from his face. There was something white stuck into his locker.

 

 

 

Led by curiosity and distrust, Sehun's face stiffened as his eyes darted to the locker and stayed there – piercing and firm.

 

 

 

 

There was only one person who would do that.

 

 

 

 

 

Crushing his teeth in agony Sehun strutted to his locker in full speed and pulled the paper from the slit. He didn't wait long and opened it up. It was a note from sunshine- Lu Han, saying that he should come after school to a room. There was also the room number together with badly drawn animals or whatever those creatures were. Sehun couldn't deal with this and simply crushed the paper in his hands.

 

 

 

"I said don't annoy me." He grumbled at the paper which sort of held a connection with Lu Han. Why didn't he understand that Sehun wouldn't join his ridiculous club? He had better things to do. A lot better. He thought that he made himself clear that he didn't need friends or Lu Han for that matter. He was well enough on his own so why should he suddenly change his mind? Only because he was told to do so? From where did Lu Han get the right to randomly tell people to join his club?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh Sehun didn't need anyone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-x-

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun didn't have a good feeling about that.

 

 

 

He didn't.

 

 

 

Because he listened to that ugly note and was now standing in front of the door. He spent hours at home when he was actually supposed to be in school and eventually came back for this ridiculous reason. It was more absurd how he refused to go to his lessons but then walked the extra mile of listening to Lu Han. On top of that he had always complained about it. Well he never said that he was going to join though he magically found himself opening the door. He blamed Lu Han, not knowing why but he still did. It was his fault that Sehun would make a life mistake by coming.

 

 

 

To not join was still one of his main priorities.

 

 

 

 

"Sehun you are here?" The question came from Lu Han who had been looking out of the window. He was the first one who Sehun was able to see because there was nothing else in the room. He was aware that Lu Han kept on talking about this dumb club and yet he couldn't afford furniture or what. There was nothing, not even a chair. There was the possibility that he had just gotten the room but Sehun didn't want to pity him. He had to admit that the room was pretty big.

 

 

 

 

"I'm not here because I want to. I just want to make it clear that I won't join." He walked in and breathed this confession out whereas Lu Han's big enquiring eyes minimised themselves, his eyes fixed unseeingly on Sehun's concerned eyes. He felt like all the air had been jerked out if his lungs, like a harsh blow to his chest that had pushed the air out of his chest. Sehun shouldn't have felt like that, it should have been Lu Han who was supposed to be feeling sad. It was after all important for him and not Sehun. So why was he feeling apologetic towards Lu Han? He couldn't remember a moment when he said that he was going to join.

 

 

 

 

"I don't know from where the hell you got the impression that I want to join." Declaring this a second later, the enragement was manifest in Sehun's tone. "I've never liked clubs and only because sunshine tells me to do it doesn't mean I will. I don't want to interact with others. I hate people." He sighed heavily again and waved the other off. He hoped that this message finally reached Lu Han's empty brain. The misunderstanding couldn't go on forever that was sure. He didn't want Lu Han to believe that Sehun would turn into an obedient puppy for him, he wouldn't.

 

 

 

Moving away from the window Lu Han's heart was thumping so hard and his fingers continued to tremble as the lingering tension and worry slowly shattered from his body. He stared at the other, stunned over what had just happened, "You can't leave! You can't!" He cried out and ran towards Sehun with an unhappy expression, "You can't!" He made a big x by putting one of his arms across on the other, holding this over his head with a scowl. He wouldn't allow anyone to leave once they have joined. He knew about Sehun's dislike towards others and he would change that. 

 

 

 

 

He would change Sehun for the better.

 

 

 

 

" that." Sehun put his finger on Lu Han's forehead and gave it a push which was strong enough for the shorter to stumble backwards. Lu Han froze, his brow crinkling into an angry frown as a small wave of annoyance rushed down into his stomach and settled with an uncomfortable weight. This was not very nice, he was older than Sehun. He may have been small but that didn't mean that he was weak. Well he was physically weak but there were other ways to be strong.

 

 

 

Huffing, Lu Han slid his hand into his pocket and held whatever he had up. He was standing there with this silly tracksuit jacket wrapped around his waist and waved the picture back and forth. He may seem like a harmless kid with his face of a three years old but Sehun had within a short period of time learned that he was anything else but harmless, treacherous even.

 

 

 

"Oh Sehun are you going to join?! If not then I will release this photo of you groping one of our classmates."

 

 

 

"How many times do I have to tell you that you pushed me on her. If you want me to join then use a different method." Sehun scoffed and turned around, not wanting to talk to him any longer. It was his first time saying that but it felt like his hundredth time simply because it was so freaking obvious. He didn't trip on his own and magically fell on Soojung, there was more to it. He knew that something was wrong when Lu Han disappeared on his own.

 

 

 

 

Lu Han took an uncertain step forwards.

 

 

 

 

"You still touched her chest! Or shall I say boo-"

 

 

 

 

Within three seconds, Sehun came running back and smashed his hand on Lu Han's mouth.

 

 

 

"Stop screaming around you retard someone can hear you! ing idiot."

 

 

 

"Are you going to join?"

 

 

 

 

"No."

 

 

 

 

 

"EVERYONE LISTEN UP, SEHUN TOUCHED KRYSTAL'S BO-"

 

 

 

 

"OKAY OKAY! Say one more word and I'll throw you out of the window."

 

 

 

 

Sehun glared and although they were the only ones in the detention room, panic gripped him. He looked around to the right and left side to check and harshly released the other.

 

 

As if nothing happened, Lu Han cheered and raised his thumb.

 

 

 

"Yay! Sehun is the best!"

 

 

 

What he got in return was a flick on his forehead by Sehun.

 

 

 

 

"Shut up sunshine."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun is in, ten more to go.

 

 

 

 

 

"High five Sehun~" Lu Han smiled and raised his hand up. What he got was a set of curses and that Sehun slapped his hand away. He was furious. He couldn't believe that he agreed to do that. He wouldn't stay, in no way he would. He would make sure to take the picture when Lu Han would be distracted. This was his plan. It made him so angry that he was being blackmailed by this stupid person. He Sehun, who didn't take from anyone, was listening to someone like Lu Han. How deep did he fall in terms of pride? He swore to himself that he wouldn't make any friends.

 

 

 

"I'll high five your face if you don't shut up sunshine."

 

 

 

Lu Han smiled this threat away and rather went through his bag to get something out. It looked like flyers to probably promote this pathetic club that didn't even have a name. Sometimes it seemed like Lu Han wasn't thinking with his brain.

 

 

 

 

 

"You keep calling me sunshine. Are you in love with me or what?"  Lu Han sorted the papers messily out and expectedly looked up at Sehun who fought with his self-control.

 

 

 

 

"You ing . Who would fall for you?"

 

 

 

 

"I don't know. I think you should ask yourself?" Lu Han pursed his lips and shrugged his shoulders.

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun's eye twitched.

 

 

 

 

 

 

As soon as he would get the picture he would be gone.

 

 

 

 

 

He would not stay.

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Exid - Up & Down ♡

 

What did you guys think of this?  :)

 

 

bomi xoxo