back to square one.

Play Me Up ►

 

 

 

 back to square one.

 

 

 

 

 

This had to be the right decision. Lu Han honestly didn't care anymore, no matter what he would do, both outcomes would have disadvantages. So he had decided to choose that particular option which would be the easiest. He would regret it either way. Squeezing his eyes shut, he pushed the door open which was already slightly open. The music boomed and made Lu Han feel sick even though it was his decision to have come. He wanted to do his best for Sehun even if that meant to disappoint him.

 

 

Lu Han had done that anyway enough times so it shouldn't be much of a problem. A bigger problem was to find Kris in the midst of all those unfamiliar people. He didn't know any of them but could recognise some faces. It was scary how this seemed like a total different world. What amazed him more was to think that there will people who did that rather than studying. Well Lu Han wasn't good in school but that didn't mean that he wasted his times with drinking. He would rather watch dramas and eat fast food than being with random people and getting drunk.

 

 

 

"S-Sorry!" He blurted out when he accidently bumped into someone though his voice was lost in the music. It was not like that person cared because he turned his back on Lu Han and continued to talk to someone else. There were a lot more people than Lu Han had expected and it was not possible to walk around without touching someone. He internally squirmed and walked in more wondering where Kris even was. He needed to find him and make up an excuse to get to his pocket. He was sure that Kris would take the picture with him since he knew how valuable it was.

 

 

It was also valuable for Lu Han.

 

 

 

The strong wish to cough hit him a few seconds after he entered the main room where it was even more crowded. The smoke that lingered in the air caused him to look away and curl his hands into fists. Generally he would be very unsure and scared in an unknown environment but this was a totally different situation. He couldn't waste time by being shy. He had to do his best and find Kris between hundred others. His eyes were huge as he carefully took in his surroundings. Lu Han made sure to not bump into someone again as he seriously couldn't afford to do that.

 

 

Successfully squeezing himself through a couple, he only saw more unacquainted people. No Kris was in sight. Lu Han groaned out loud and buried his face on his hands. He took a deep breath and tried to push the feelings of failure away. Now that he had decided to come here he had to do well too. But all he saw were people making out in the corners and others were dancing. Lu Han on the other hand was going crazy from the stress to still not have found Kris. He thought that it was easy because the message was easy to understand. Kris made it easy.

 

 

 

The music was blaring so loud that it made it difficult to hear if Kris decided to ever verbally call him.

 

 

 

One quick movement suddenly pulled Lu Han away from where he was standing. Not knowing where to go he simply followed whoever that was. Maybe they could help him with finding Kris since he was apparently not capable of doing that. It frustrated him how lost he was, so help from anyone could make him move forwards. Lu Han couldn't avoid colliding with others so he didn't bother apologising. What he only cared about was to follow and keep his eyes open for whom he was looking for. His heart started to beat faster and faster with each step they took.

 

 

In the next moment he was shoved into a totally different room after leaving the other. It was much quieter and for some reason empty. There wasn't anyone around. It was slightly dark in addition; Lu Han did his best to identify that person. Maybe it was just the tiredness that caused Lu Han's brain to be so slow because it was Kris who had helped him out. His eyes widened and his lips parted slightly as if to say something, but he remained silent. Then again, his eyes widened once more and his fingers grabbed the hem of his shirt tightly.

 

 

"I knew that you would come." Kris started and sat down on an unoccupied couch. Lu Han straightaway grimaced and pulled away slightly to look into his eyes. He did agree to have come but that didn't mean that he liked it. He didn't enjoy it because he had someone different on his mind. He wouldn't be easily distracted. Making once more a face Lu Han folded his arms over his chest. He was literally speechless, talking wouldn't bring him far.

 

 

However Kris didn't understand his mixed signal as Lu Han was the one who wanted to date him, "What's wrong? Changed your mind?" He smirked and patted the seat next him on the couch. The thing was that Lu Han never wanted to come. It was all for Sehun. He looked up at Kris, feeling a wave of panic wash through him. Lu Han's eyes searched him for any hints that he knew about Lu Han's true aim. Something that would tell him that he had found out about the reason for the dating request.

 

 

"Of course not." Lu Han answered and approached the other on unsteady feet. He didn't want his cover to be blown off if it hadn't already.  A wave of calmness washed over him soon as he sat down next to Kris. It wasn't that stressful anymore now that he could sit down. It somehow soothed the pressure in his chest. He took a deep breath and looked up at Kris. His eyes bored into Lu Han's and he smiled at him in a teasing way. It was clearly in a joking manner as Lu Han smiled back at him which unfortunately seemed too forced.

 

 

 

"Are you happy now that you can sit next to me?" He went a step further by leaning closer to Lu Han and make fun of the latter's imaginary affection towards him. Lu Han really had to fight back the urge to stand up and kick him because he was not happy. How arrogant was he? Seriously, this was not something he would be able to easily put up with. Straining again a forced smile he slowly nodded. It was better to not say much so that he wouldn't tangle himself in his webs of lies.

 

 

 

After staring at Lu Han a bit more Kris put his arm around him and pulled him in, "I think you should know me a bit better. Just stalking me won't work."

 

 

 

"Who said that I am stalking you?!"

 

 

 

Kris laughed it off as he heard that lots of times.

 

 

 

"No need to be embarrassed." His laugh was actually very pleasant to hear. Lu Han was not going to lie. Now when he was so close to Kris and alone as well he thought that Kris was not very different from other people. He did speak to him before when arguing that Chanyeol would join him but being alone with him had a totally altered feeling to that. He couldn't quite explain it. He took a deep breath while his body started to shake and his chest tightened painfully.

 

 

He looked back at Lu Han and waited for a moment, "Aren't you scared of me?" To determine whether he was joking or serious was a bit challenging considering that Lu Han had never seen him like that before. What was that even for a question? Of course, 90% of all students feared him so he would obviously belong to that part. It was very pointless to have asked that and yet he wanted to know how Lu Han thought about it. Lu Han gazed at him in surprise, he had waited for questions but not questions like that. Why would he ask something he knew?

 

 

Through this Kris' constant confident, determined attitude was gone now. He was intensely staring at Lu Han as if he was honestly nosy about that. It also made him look more normal. Like anyone else since usually he seemed like he would kill everything Lu Han loved. This Kris was just curious and waited for the answer. It was like he secretly hoped that Lu Han would be one of those special people. Lu Han felt a warm blubbering feeling inside of him. The panic and distress from earlier were completely gone and replaced with composure.

 

 

 

"I am scared of you." Lu Han had awkwardly confessed and therefore crushed Kris' hopes of him being so different. After that Lu Han fisted his hands and sneaked a glance at the other who said something like 'I knew it'. The truth was that Lu Han wasn't scared of him. He wasn't at all since Sehun told him not to be. But Lu Han couldn't say that. He didn't want to be too friendly with Kris, getting the picture was enough. He technically wanted to make more friends aside from Baekhyun, and Kris was not that bad. But he did sometimes come up to Lu Han threatened him to leave Chanyeol. So what was that about?

 

 

 

"You know why don't you want Chanyeol to join? What's so bad about my club?" Okay Lu Han had to officially learned how to shut up. He didn't have the time for such stupid questions so why couldn't he keep his mouth shut? Like he had already realised, he shouldn't get to know him too much. It was not that they were actually dating. Kris was equally caught off guard by that question. He stared for a while at him.

 

From up to now he was always serious and calm, though this time his expression betrayed him. Lu Han couldn't tell what was going through his mind in that moment, but he could see his misery clearly in his eyes.

 

"It's easy. He's going to re-join the basketball club. He doesn't even like music anymore." Kris said calmly but his eyes burnt with such intensity. There was something in his eyes Lu Han couldn't recognize, something he couldn't tell. He curled his hands into balls and dropped his gaze down to the floor. He wanted to ask more like how Kris even knew about him not liking music anymore. Chanyeol barely left his house and how should Kris in the first know? Lu Han's heart started to race, pounded in his chest, hardly against his ribcage.

 

 

"Chanyeol is my best friend."

 

 

 

Lu Han's jumped off the couch and turned around as the words fell from Kris' lips.

 

 

"Wait what?! Stop hold on! What's with Baekhyun? He said that you are bad for Chanyeol!"

 

 

 

"Baekhyun is just jealous."

 

 

 

"Why is he jealous...?" That was too much information to take in such a short time. Lu Han didn't know what to believe anymore. So Baekhyun was simply jealous and not a concerned friend? But none of them were dating. That didn't make sense why would Baekhyun be jealous of two best friends? And actually he had never seen Baekhyun visiting Chanyeol. This was too complicated. He wanted to ask more questions, maybe Kris knew about Krystal's relationship with Sehun. That would make things so much easier.

 

 

 

By being so confused about this, Lu Han didn't realise how close they were. This was until Kris put his index finger under Lu Han's chin and tilted his face up, so he could look into Lu Han's eyes, "Why am I even telling you this all?"

 

 

Why? Because Lu Han asked for it of course. But he couldn't say it, not if he wanted to be beaten up. He eyed the other boy carefully: he didn't look particularly angry, just curious. Now Lu Han had to prepare a good excuse that wouldn't make himself look stupid. He had to be quick as well because the longer he took the more suspicious he was.

 

 

"B-Because we are dating?" If it wouldn't have sounded like a question then it would have been more believable.

 

 

Kris regarded him for a while and eventually told him to prove it.  Prove what? That they are dating? How? He took everything back what he thought about Kris as he was not nice at all. How could he tell him to do that? It was not right for him to betray Sehun and Kai. And yet he only nodded, not wanting to say something stupid. Kris stared at him for a long moment while Lu Han's heart pounded in his chest loudly. He was afraid that Kris would see through his real intention and getting the picture would just turn into a dream.

 

 

Then maddeningly slowly Lu Han leaned closer and closer, his trembling lips tightened into a thin line.

 

 

Just when their lips were about to touch, Kris pulled unpredictably away. Lu Han said nothing and the fear didn't fade from his eyes. He was no longer squeezing his eyes shut instead his gaze was fixed firmly on Kris. What did just happen? Did he know? Lu Han's act of not knowing what was going on was real because he didn't know. He didn't know if Kris simply had something to say or knew what was going on with their sudden dating. Was it too obvious? Lu Han was carefully debating on how he should run away if it was true.

 

 

 

Kris slid his hand into his jacket pocket and held the object up.

 

 

 

"You want this right?" His other hand pointed at the picture that Lu Han wanted to have so badly. He had the choices between acting like he didn't know or fall on his knees and beg to get it back. He had to think well about it. But what didn't quite make sense was that Kris had already found out about it. Lu Han wasn't the best actor out there though he was good enough for this. He couldn't remember a time when he said something that would make Kris raise his eyebrow. Okay maybe the whole dating thing wasn't so ideal.

 

 

 

 

"Yes I do. Please." Lu Han had thrown his dignity away a long time ago. He wanted to look as desperate as he could so that Kris would have sympathy for him. It worked because the other seemed like he was thinking about it. He stole glance at the picture and probably wondered what it had to do with Lu Han. He wasn't on it. So what difference would it make if he had it or not?

 

 

 

"Okay here." Shrugging his shoulders Kris stretched his arm and held the picture out for Lu Han to take. Still doubting him, Lu Han carefully took it as his eyes never left Kris'. There was the possibility that he would change his mind and not return it. Although it was very obvious that this wouldn't happen. Lu Han immediately checked it for any changes. Then he was going to ask if he had duplicated it but Kris was very quick to interrupt. He sighed and rubbed his temple in exhaustion from explaining it for two hundred times:

 

 

"I'm not a bully you know. I didn't do anything to it." He was sick and tired of others thinking so badly about him. If he had done something to them, then they were free think whatever they wanted about him. Until that would happen he had bully stamped on his forehead although he hadn't done anything. Most people blamed him for Chanyeol not coming to school anymore although it was way more complicated. And why would he say it if nobody would believe him anyway.

 

 

Lu Han frowned; it pained him to see the expression on Kris' face, to see the sadness in his eyes. Lu Han shifted slightly, conveying his weight from foot to foot and biting his bottom lip with his teeth, looking disputed. He wanted to help him. But he was running out of time. He wanted though right now he couldn't. Stepping closer to the other and leaning down, Lu Han smiled at him and ruffled his hair.

 

 

 

"There will always be a place for you when you join me."

 

 

 

Kris made a weird face and slapped Lu Han's hand away, "No thanks. I'll stick to basketball." Apparently he was not that sad to do it. He was also snorting and wouldn't consider it. Well his loss, they would have great fun without him. Lu Han smiled once more that said you-will-soon-change-your-mind and made his way to the door. He still had something else to do. Heaving the door open her turned around and waved him goodbye. They could have easily become friends under different circumstances.

 

 

 

"Thank you. And bye! My offer is still on!"

 

 

 

"No thank you."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-x-

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was like Sehun did his best avoiding moving from the seat. The train was already there and came a bit too early which was good for him. It still bothered him that Lu Han took long to come. It was so late what exactly could he be doing at this time of the day? He knew how obsessed Lu Han was with him and didn't want him to move. And now when he got the chance to stop him from going, he didn't come! Sehun didn't know what Lu Han was thinking since he had told him a few times that he could see him off.

 

 

What else could be more important than him? He didn't understand and seeing his parents going into the train to store their suitcases made him feel bad. Sehun was the only one sitting outside on the waiting seats although the train was already present. It didn't move but it could soon. His suitcase was next to his legs which he didn't give to his parents. He said that he would do it on his own. If only Lu Han would show up.

 

 

He sounded probably very pathetic in his mind and to that he couldn't control the shaking of his right leg. Did something happen to Lu Han? But what exactly? Lu Han was clumsy, he was not going to lie but the chances of him getting run over by a car were questionable. It could be because he must have been in a rush to come and not consider the cars. But he had no reason to rush if he knew where he had to go. He should have circled the day on his calendar with a red pen so there shouldn't be any confusion.

 

 

Sehun was also lucky that his parents hadn't said anything. His excuse was that he felt better waiting outside than inside as it was too stuffy. They didn't ask further and simply continued to put their things into the train. In times like these Sehun was happy to have unresponsive parents that didn't ask further. Running away from the problems back in school was pure cowardice but that wasn't his only reason to move. His father was transferred elsewhere- to the edge of Seoul to be clear. Actually Sehun didn't have any problems with moving; it sounded pretty good.

 

 

What worried him was that he wouldn't be able to see Lu Han again. Usually he didn't care about that, it was natural to separate from others and not stay together for a life time. But he couldn't imagine what Lu Han would do without him. Who would he annoy? Kai would just live through that as his love was strong enough. He didn't know Baekhyun so he couldn't say anything about him. Lu Han was so annoying and bubbly; there wouldn't be anyone who would keep him in place like Sehun. He wasn't even being biased.

 

 

 

Who would be his sunshine?

 

 

The clouds were mixed with the huge span of blackness that darkened as the night went on. Sehun didn't want to lose hope but it was too late for him to come. His wristwatch showed that it was two which meant that little to no buses would be in charge. As Lu Han lived close to Sehun's previous house he could with confidence say that it was impossible for him to come on time. For the first time Sehun heard his mother call him. If she called him like that then this was the indication for them to go.

 

 

 

"Sehun hurry! We are going now." Once more she gestured him to come closer seeing that all their suitcases were packed away. Other people who were also using the train were already seated and waited for the train to move. Sehun got up with a sigh and dragged his suitcase after him. He was the only one to sit outside. Finally it was over. He exhaled, preparing himself for the worst. This was the worst that could happen. His eyes were blank, his expression was unreadable. He didn't know what he should think.

 

 

Funny to say his mother didn't know a thing. She walked in ahead by trying to guide him inside, "Take a seat. It won't be long."

 

 

Not being able to say anything Sehun nodded and was ready to go in. It was childish he knew but he thought that it was unfair to already leave when he just got to know Lu Han better. They wouldn't have many opportunities to be talking to each other from face to face. And going against his own principles he was ready to make friends. With Lu Han's help of course. He had the scene already in front of his eyes, Lu Han trying to make him and some other person shake hands. Sehun would say that it would just make things awkward.

 

 

Whereas Lu Han would reply that it worked for him although he didn't have any friends. Sehun would maybe laugh because Lu Han was dumb and helpless.

 

 

 

 

 

"NO DON'T GO!"

 

 

 

 

There was not enough time to step in for Sehun because Lu Han jumped from behind on his back and pulled him down. The collision with the cold hard ground didn't hurt Sehun as he was speechless and in the midst of processing what just happened. He had expected Lu Han to get off him and explain why he wanted to break his back but no such thing had happened. He didn't think of moving off Sehun when he still had the chance to go in. Sehun's mother had seen this all and stared at them with wide eyes. She was about to call his name but the doors had already closed.

 

 

Sehun turned around with effort and told her that he would come after. He doubted that she understood him with the lack of sound but even so she nodded with a worried face. Sehun had a lot of explaining to do like someone simply jumping on his back and so missing his train. He would gladly introduce Lu Han to his parents even if he didn't make a good first impression. Sehun didn't know if his father noticed that his son wasn't there. Whatever, he could sort that mess later out. The train moved away in seconds. Now Sehun had to get this elephant off his back who fortunately did that on his own.

 

 

 

Groaning Sehun finally stood up and faced the culprit who made an innocent face.

 

 

 

 

"You are crazy." Sehun exhaled and took a hold of his suitcase which he luckily had with him.

 

 

Lu Han had his trademark smile on when he stepped forwards to embrace him. For a brief moment Sehun froze, surprised by those sudden action. His eyes softened and he awkwardly put his arms around Lu Han. His chest pressed against Lu Han's tightly and he rested his head on the top of the elder. This was pure awkwardness and yet he didn't want to end it. He didn't want to end it; there wouldn't be many chances for them to be close to each other so they had to use it. Especially Lu Han as he would usually be threatened to be beaten up.

 

 

 

"Please don't go. I need you here. I'm your sunshine right? How could you think of leaving me alone?" Lu Han showed with those words that he depended on him and couldn't go on without him. Sehun actually didn't like to hear things like those because Lu Han was an individual and had to act like that. But on the other hand he didn't hate it to be with him. He didn't dislike it either. So some lack of independency couldn't hurt anyone. It was not bad to want to be together.

 

 

"Yeah whatever. Don't be so pitiful. Make yourself useful and pull my suitcase." Sehun blankly said and instantly let go of the other. He walked off leaving Lu Han alone with something that looked like it weighted double as much as him. Lu Han's jaw dropped when gripped the handle and attempted to tug it. It halfway moved forward and again Lu Han had to pull though his arm also dropped. He could barely keep the suitcase in place so how was he supposed to heave it? This was evil, his Sehun was evil.

 

 

 

"Please help me it's like I'm pulling two Lu Hans!"

 

 

 

"Don't be such a baby."

 

 

 

Sehun who was standing apart from him with a distance of about five metres rolled his eyes. And this person was supposed to be two years older than him? Two years younger was more accurate. But still he didn't break his promise and embarrassed himself on top of that in front of Sehun's parents. Sehun couldn't fight the little smile off his lips and carried on walking, faintly hearing Lu Han shout in the background.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

("SEHUN PLEASE! I THINK I BROKE MY ARM!")

 

 

("STOP WHINING!")

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-x-

 

 

 

 

 

 

To make it quick, Sehun ended up carrying his own suitcase.

 

 

It was too heavy for Lu Han, he could never carry that. So he was very surprised when Sehun didn't have any problems. Maybe he was just too strong because Lu Han could in no way be too weak. He was manly. They took a taxi to what Sehun had paid because Lu Han didn't carry any money with him. Well Sehun would have paid anyway it didn't make a difference for him. The question was where he would stay for overnight. He could go to his old home though he didn't have blankets or things like that. Lu Han wanted him to go to his house because his room was supposedly very big where Sehun could stay with him.

 

 

It was difficult to tell if Lu Han was lying or not because it did sound believable. The taxi driver did stop in front of Lu Han's house and also helped Sehun get the suitcase out from the back of the car. Sehun thanked him and waited for Lu Han to go first because he obviously didn't want to just enter. He had his manners. Lu Han had his key and opened up, when opening he noticed that it was totally dark. His parents must have been asleep, this made it easier for him get Sehun in with no explanation.

 

 

Sehun tried to be extra careful and quiet as the darkness didn't allow them to turn the lights on. He didn't know his surroundings so he wanted to be cautious to not break anything. It didn't take long for Lu Han to close the door and slip his hand into Sehun's. Being confused from that Sehun frowned which Lu Han didn't see. That was why he didn't move when Lu Han walked forwards.

 

 

 

"What are you doing." Sehun hastily whispered to the elder who snorted.

 

 

 

"Guiding you. It's not like I'm going to kiss you so come on."

 

 

 

How straightforward.

 

 

 

Pulling a grimace Sehun followed him and carried his suitcase than pulling it. That would lessen the friction and therefore make it quieter. They slowly arrived at Lu Han's room and the owner suddenly froze when his hand was on the knob. He didn't move at all which made Sehun curious. Did something happen what he wasn't aware of? "What's wrong?" Sehun spoke under his breath and was impatiently standing behind Lu Han who refused to move. He was shaking as well which was not a good sign.

 

 

 

"I'm embarrassed." Lu Han blushed and with this said, Sehun sighed and pushed Lu Han in with a straight face.

 

 

 

Biting back a yelp Lu Han stumbled into his room whereas Sehun swiftly closed the door and turned the lights on. He dropped his suitcase in the closest corner of the room and stared at Lu Han who was standing in front of a wardrobe. His arms were protectively outstretched and he tried to glare. The outcome though was him blushing and not looking intimidating at all. But he wanted to protect what was inside.

 

 

 

"D-Don't go after my underwear."

 

 

 

"I wasn't planning to." Sehun uncaringly responded and sat down on the bed. Sometimes he just wanted to take Lu Han and teach him some common sense. However after Sehun said that he won't touch it Lu Han looked more relieved than ever. Was that seriously his biggest concern? He could have his heart at ease because Sehun wasn't thinking about that. Not at all. Lu Han was happy to have heard that and showed that by jumping on the bed with a huge smile. Sehun instantly told him to stop that whereupon Lu Han obeyed without thinking.

 

 

But this was his bed.

 

 

 

"You know Sehun. Now that you'll stay I have to ask you for a favour-"

 

 

"I've never said that I will stay."

 

 

 

It was Lu Han's time to roll his eyes. Did Sehun really think that he was an airhead? He thought wrong; he was smarter than he looked. He cunningly smiled at Sehun who didn't comprehend the situation. Yes he would stay for the night but he would have to refund his ticket and buy a new one. He didn't understand why Lu Han would be so happy about that. Then when standing up he turned to face Sehun and smirked. Sliding his hand into his pocket he held up the picture that could ruin Sehun. He showed with that, that Sehun could go without problems back to school. He was still registered so there shouldn't be any problems.

 

 

Visibly shocked, Sehun looked away in an attempt to play it off, "Whatever I still won't go."

 

 

 

Lu Han obviously planned that and put his hand into his other pocket, holding up something white.

 

 

"Tada~ and what's with that?"

 

 

 

Sehun's eyes widened and he got up in one second:

 

 

 

"MY TICKET!"

 

 

 

An amused laughter escaped Lu Han who jumped up and down. This was funny. So funny. He shouldn't underestimate Lu Han and mark him as stupid. Things like that were bound to happen. He couldn't believe that he let his guard down but when did he have the chance to get it? This was impossible. Sehun fell for his trick the second time. Exactly when he has told himself that he wouldn't fall for it. When he had told himself that being blackmailed is for losers. That meant that he was obviously a loser because he couldn't say no.

 

 

"You have one week to refund this right? I'll say that you will help me find six more members in one week. You can refund your ticket after that. I'll let you go if you really decide to buy a new ticket and move. I've always wanted to have twelve members." Lu Han smiled and stared at the numbers of the ticket in his hand.

 

 

"Kai and I are the only members with you...." Sehun's eye twitched when realising how difficult it was to find nine more people.

 

 

 

 

"Nope! Baekhyun will join; Chanyeol just needs more persuading, Kris will also join. We need six more."

 

 

 

Out of all people he chose Kris?

 

 

 

 

"I've said it already...but you are crazy." Sehun rubbed his temple and dropped himself back on the bed.

 

 

 

Well that was how people in love acted.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I hope you guys liked this chapter because fluff is going to come ~

 

Please leave comments~

 

Sorry for mistakes!

 

BTW I'm currently working on a new full length story after Play Me Up is done!

 

It's vampire!au

 

bomi xoxo