remembering you.

Play Me Up ►

 

 

 

remembering you.

 

 

 

 

 

It was a day like always. Chanyeol was surrounded by tons of papers when he had a pen in his hand and wrote something down. It had been a while from the time when he was on the roof top. He took a deep breath of the cold evening into his lungs, feeling it cool his throat and spread through his chest. He let the breath out again in a tired sigh and it puffed from his lips in a snowy, frosty cloud. He didn't have a death wish but he preferred it to work in coldness rather than being surrounded by the others.

 

 

He didn't hate them but he knew that they would distract them from doing that what he liked. Composing songs. Chanyeol did say that he wouldn't write anymore but he couldn't help himself. All of a sudden the pen had been moving in his hand and he started writing. He sighed and rubbed his face, his frustration bubbling ever higher when he heard someone calling his name.  Great. This was the last thing he needed right now, on top of everything else. Couldn't Lu Han mind his own business? Why did he have to be so interested in his? Maybe because it was already night-time and nobody wanted to talk to him.

 

 

On that note, Lu Han opened the door with a stupid smile and waved at the other. Chanyeol took a frustrated breath and then waited for the other to understand before letting it out slowly. As aggravated as he was, sitting there and thinking dark thoughts wasn't going to make Lu Han go away who smiled and approached him in his ridiculous tracksuit and fake glasses. Before openly acknowledging him, he weighed his options for a moment, turning his head to look down on the messy amount of paper. And then, with a muffled groan of discomfort Chanyeol pushed the papers all together.

 

 

"What are you doing Chanyeol?" Having both of his arms on back, Lu Han leaned down and tried to look over the work. Instead of ignoring him, Chanyeol was doing the opposite. He looked up at the other with wide eyes. He couldn't tell if he was just tired or actually seeing double. He blinked but the picture was still not going away. It was a younger Baekhyun- standing closely like Lu Han and stared at his work:

 

 

 

 

What are you doing Chanyeol?

 

 

 

 

It was just a simple memory but enough to make him feel bothered. After another moment, it disappeared as his shoulders tensed a little—whether it was from the pain of remembering or Lu Han's tone in his voice, asking if he was fine. Well that wasn't really important because Chanyeol couldn't tell. But then he set his jaw. "Nothing," he said without any hesitation. "I'm coming now." As this was mentioned he really pushed the papers together and stuffed them in his bag. It was not good to feel like that. It would just repeat everything again.

 

 

Lu Han hadn't noticed the suspicious behaviour and simply marched forwards while asking questions. Chanyeol with those hundred leftover papers in his arms followed him quietly. Chanyeol couldn't answer him for a moment; still breathless from whatever it was that had taken hold of him, but after a beat he was able to in a harsh breath. He shook his head and just walked on without answering any of those strange questions.

 

 

"Hey Chanyeol! What do you think of my glasses?" Once again Lu Han strolled after the younger who silently walked the stairs down.  He should at least answer. It was a very difficult decision to wear them. If only Sehun wouldn't have said something like 'you look kinda cute' with his glasses on, then he wouldn't have worn them. They weren't even real ones. Being fed up with the questions Chanyeol almost launched into an explanation of him not caring if someone would wear glasses or not.

 

 

But then he was suddenly cautious of telling Lu Han about it. He wasn't sure why. It was like there was a quiet voice in the back of his head persuading him to not say anything. It would only lead to Lu Han replying and therefore talking more.

 

 

 

None of them said more.

 

 

 

 

They arrived at their club room's door where Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Kai were sitting on the floor like hobos. Sehun was modestly leaning next to the door. He wouldn't even dare to sit down. It looked like they have forgotten the key to get in but in reality it was a much bigger problem. Since the competition had ended they were like that. The leader Lu Han stood there for a moment without moving, but then he stumbled forward, shooting oddly suspicious glances toward his friends.

 

 

 

Then his eyes trailed up to his boyfriend, lingered his gaze on him a little longer than they should have.

 

 

 

"You still can't get in?" Lu Han asked, sounding both uncomfortable and irritated.

 

 

Baekhyun ignored his tone, stretching his legs on the floor and leaned his back on the wall, "We really can't. It's hopeless. And stop wearing glasses you aren't smart." The second part was pretty much uncalled for but that didn't mean that he couldn't say it. He was anyway annoyed. He couldn't believe that they couldn't return to their own room anymore. Lu Han sighed- because they couldn't do anything on their own and he always had to help them. They had to be more forceful. Lu Han pulled the door open before anyone could say something. Someone from inside came out and had a cunning smirk on his lips:

 

 

"Can I help you?"

 

 

 

 

Huang Zitao.

 

 

 

 

"Get out of our room! It's ours!" The words raged from between Lu Han’s teeth in a dark snarl, low and enraged. The muscles in his arms and legs shivered with adrenaline, willing and eager for violence. He was going to kill him. He was just going to push him onto the ground and step on him until he wouldn’t be able to ask this dumb question anymore. Well maybe this was too ferocious but it wasn't his fault that Chen's team took over their room. Lu Han couldn't stand the idea of disbanding his team only because they lost the competition. The three boys on the floor instantaneously got up to have Lu Han's back.

 

 

There was a long pause from Tao, then he explained:

 

 

 

"You guys are still together?" He sounded, for the first time, at a loss; perhaps even amused. "I think you should know the rules by now. You have to disband."

 

 

That unusual gentle tone in Tao's voice was like a cold slap in the face. Lu Han gasped and shook himself. He took a breath, then another, trying to calm down. He was being an unreasonable idiot. This Tao. Lu Han didn't care about the rules he would never disband his team. Nobody would check anyway if they were still friends. Seeing that they were still not backing up, Tao came closer and closer, towering over Lu Han. He really wasn't that much taller than Lu Han, but suddenly he seemed huge. He himself appeared to be taller. He discharged hostility in a way that Lu Han had never felt before.

 

 

 

In that instant he was terrifying.

 

 

 

 

"Don't hit me!" Lu Han shrieked and didn't think but ran to Sehun's side.

 

 

"What are you doing?! You are supposed to be our leader!" Baekhyun yelled at Lu Han and suddenly there was something fierce about the way he was glowering at him. Now Baekhyun even seemed scary. He then blinked and seemed to shake himself out of some kind of daze. He couldn't believe that they had to depend on someone like him. Chanyeol and Sehun were totally useless and didn't do anything. They were just standing there. Instead of answering Baekhyun, he shook his head and said that he didn't want to be beaten up.

 

Now Kai was finally stepping in, "I have enough of this. There is still my furniture that I bought with my money." They couldn't just use his stuff, it belonged to him. So if they wanted to use their room then they should at least get their stuff back.

 

His voice was not accusing, nor was it stern as Lu Han. It was very loud and certain-sounding. He wouldn't let them be pushed around by their enemy, no matter if they lost or won.

 

 

 

This Tao stared and seemed like he was thinking about it.

 

 

 

"We will get it out for you....later."

 

 

 

 

 

He smirked once again before closing the door right in front of Kai's face.

 

 

 

"HOW DARE HE!"

 

 

 

Kai repeatedly banged his fist against the door even though Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were towing him back. They couldn't get into trouble. Seeing how mean Tao was he would probably tell a teacher that his life had been threatened. Or something similar to that. "I can't believe they are doing this." Kai whispered and stepped back, it was clear on his face that he was shocked about this mistreatment. His feelings, while not literally spoken, made themselves known in the tone of his voice. He stiffened but then, once again, soothed himself back into calmness.

 

 

"Lu Han you can talk to your friend Lay right?" Also frustrated at this situation Kyungsoo's eyes darted over to Lu Han who was still hiding behind his boyfriend. Lu Han absorbed that, still looking more than a little unsettled by the thought of losing the competition and apparently his rights to enter his room too. He hadn't seen Lay- he wasn't able to because Tao just didn't let them in. But then he shook himself and relaxed a little. No, Lay would definitely let them in if he would see them. But what were the chances?

 

 

 

Moving away from Sehun, Lu Han adjusted his glasses and nodded, "I can but I just don't see him. He's probably in there. I can call for-

 

 

 

 

"Let's just stop it. It's enough. Let's go home."

 

 

In this moment Sehun had to conclude spoken. There was no use in trying to get their room back when the other team was acting like this. They were too stubborn and childish, well without doubt Tao. He couldn't see them so pathetic and in rage- especially Lu Han with his glasses. It made him look ten years younger than he was. His attempt to look angry would just backfire as much as Sehun loved him. Like already said they should go home and catch up with Lay. At this rate they could wait for the whole night for someone to open the door.

 

 

"B-But that's not fair!" Helplessly Lu Han walked after him, trying to persuade him to stay and wait. But for what? It was late and they wouldn't open the door. Sehun had better things to do then wait for something that wouldn't happen. Kai directly hammered against the door and demanded to open the door while Kyungsoo and Baekhyun once again wanted to pull him back. Chanyeol was only watching them in confusion yet didn't want to leave and supposed that he should wait as well. Well then Sehun would be the only one to leave. He was not very patient or calm about those things.

 

 

Lu Han obviously couldn't leave him alone and followed him. And he also needed a ride back home. He knew why Sehun would feel like that and he understood but they had to have strong willpower to succeed. They would make idiots out of themselves and it truth to be told Lu Han's fault for losing the competition so he couldn't blame anyone. He slipped his arms between Sehun's arm and side, hugging it tight. He was in some way bipolar by wanting Sehun to stay but then eventually follow him out. Well if he was really going to go then he should at least take Lu Han with him.

 

 

 

When they were out, Sehun didn't think and took his jacket off to give it to Lu Han, "You should start dressing yourself more warmly. I know you are doing this on purpose."

 

 

 

He anyway gave his jacket away to the other who pretended to be surprised. Lu Han smiling put it on and instantly hugged Sehun to keep him for a short time warm. It was Lu Han's fault for him to freeze like that so Sehun had every right to tug the older boy closer to his chest. It was apparently the right move, for he curled into him. Sehun slid his arms around Lu Han, holding him but not saying anything. He liked this. He liked it even more when Lu Han tilted his head up to give Sehun a hurried kiss. After that he promptly covered his face with his hands at this point, peering at him through open fingers.

 

 

"How old are you?" Sehun shook his head and gave the other his helmet as they were standing next to the motorbike. Lu Han puffed his cheeks-apparently not old enough- and slid the helmet on his head. Before that he removed his glasses and safely put it in the jacket pocket. Of course there. He waited a few seconds for Sehun to start driving...but he never did. Was something wrong? It was cold and Lu Han wanted to go home as soon as possible. Sehun was straightforward and usually never took long to do anything. So what was so wrong about now? Was Lu Han holding him too tightly?

 

 

 

"Everything okay?" Moving closer Lu Han asked cutting off the thoughts that would create certain theories he wasn't really ready for yet. There was no way that Sehun was sick of him. Lu Han took a deep breath, a bit flustered at how he always thought that it was about him. Maybe he had a bad day. However, the memory of how especially annoying he was, Lu Han managed to control himself. He couldn't tell himself why he was so pushy especially on that night. The loss still bugged him a lot and he was letting it out by being annoying.

 

 

 

It had nothing to do with Lu Han.

 

 

 

 

 

It was someone else.

 

"What is he doing here..." Sehun mused aloud, feeling that his own stoic façade crumbled from his face, leaving behind the kind of tortured pain that would had taken years to heal. Regardless of how bad Sehun had ever felt in all his years...this pain was nothing compared to it. He didn't want to re-experience it. Once was enough for him. He put the helmet on his head and immediately started to drive before telling Lu Han that he was fine. Obviously he had been under the mistaken impression that Sehun's actions would serve some purpose other than worry him.

 

 

It wasn't Lu Han. Sehun didn't want to ignore him but his head was filled with other thoughts. He hated the look of Lu Han's confused and worried face so Sehun pretended that nothing had happened. He directed his bike out of the parking lot to the drive out. Sehun's own expressions were floating around the forefront of his mind. Why was he still feeling like that? He shouldn't. The distress and dejection had been ostensible in not only his face, but his attitude as well.

 

 

 

When Sehun and Lu Han drove past the gates, someone was waving at them.

 

 

 

 

 

Lu Han blinked in hesitancy though Sehun glared and drove faster.

 

 

 

 

 

 

He didn't think that his past would catch up with him this quickly.

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

So yeah you'll know more about Sehun, Kaisoo and Baekyeol in the sequel

 

This is kinda like a teaser that's why it's shorter than I usually write.

 

 

Thank you guys for liking and reading Play Me Up!

 

 

I appreciate your comments and everything.

 

 

I've already said it a few times but I'll write the sequel AFTER Make It Red

 

It's a vampireau and basically my next project

 

 

I'll post the link of the sequel here when I'm done with that story.

 

 

 

BYE~

 

bomi xoxo