personal sunshine.

Play Me Up ►

 

 

personal sunshine.

 

 

 

 

 

 

He didn't think that a simple encounter would change his whole life.

 

 

 

 

Oh Sehun preferred it to stay out of line with others. He didn't associate himself with other students; it didn't matter if he was even forced to in school projects. He would only do his part and then leave the rest to the person he was supposed to work with. He didn't work with his friends because he didn't have any. He wasn't a loner- he considered himself as an independent individual who did not need to make friends.

 

 

 

This way of thinking didn't only apply to making friends. Teachers and parents as well were only familiar with his kept in personality. This didn't mean that he was afraid and wanted to stay in the background. He was partly a wallflower with this kind of behaviour. Although wallflowers were known to be discreet, Sehun wouldn't take anything from anyone. He used to get into several fights. And for so long that he forgot the reason for the fight and found himself laying on the grass with aching limbs.

 

 

 

 

He would look up to the sun, enjoying the soothing rays.

 

 

 

 

He loved the sun.

 

 

 

 

It provided him with warmth whenever he was alone- when nobody was there to ask him if he was alright. It was warm and comforting; he knew that the sun would always be there for him. Even when it would snow or rain. Fog and clouds wouldn't unsettle his sight up to the sky. It was the only thing that could cheer him up though he may sound lunatic or just mad. He didn't care enough to think about it.

 

 

 

 

So when this person ran and passed his desk where he was sitting at, he wanted time to stop.

 

 

 

 

Because only then he would be able to take this breath-taking scene in front of him in. He couldn't even tell what exactly happened or why he didn't finish the sentence from his homework. Here he was staring at this one person who seemed to be the embodiment of absolute brightness. It was not precisely explicable how he was able to run this fast and yet Sehun's brain could repeat this moment in slow motion.

 

 

 

Whoever this was looked so damn beautiful when he was right in front of Sehun, the sun rays made this person even more stunning.

 

 

 

 

"Sunshine..." 

 

 

 

 

This word was the first thing Sehun was able to bring out. Maybe it was convenient that he was the only person in the library. Everyone else was out to enjoy the sunny weather while Sehun spent his time working on his tasks. Now he didn't regret it, not even a bit that he decided to stay behind. Otherwise he wouldn't have ever met this sunshine; he wouldn't have seen such a picture. His eyes were glued on the guest who was moving his head from one side to the other.

 

 

 

Was he looking for something?

 

 

 

He almost certainly was because his despairing expression indicated anxiety. Biting his bottom lip he jogged towards the book shelves at the very back. Sehun automatically turned his head and his eyes trailed after the other. He told himself a few times that he was not curious but even so he obviously wasn't uninterested either. If he wouldn't then he would have ignored the other's present and continue with his works. It was just finishing off a sentence- writing one single word so why couldn't Sehun do that? Why was he so interested?

 

 

 

 

 

He more or less flinched when he saw sunshine leaving the book shelves to go to the middle of the expansive room. While holding his cheeks, he chanted 'this won't do'. It was hardly a whisper and yet Sehun could undoubtedly hear it. One reason could have been that the lack of people made everything sound a lot louder or that he was just doing his best to clearly hear the other. Sehun didn't have the time or tolerance to figure this out and somewhat concentrated on finding out why sunshine was in such a dilemma.

 

 

 

 

 

"You!"

 

 

 

 

Sehun stared at sunshine with slight disbelief in his eyes when he heard those words aimed at him. You? Didn't sunshine have another way to address him? More politely if possible? Anyway, Sehun was surprised because he thought that he would maybe be the first one to say something. His old persona was showing because Sehun had suddenly no intentions of talking to him. He did play around with the idea and speak to him but it was all gone.

 

 

 

He didn't want to say it anymore.

 

 

 

His leisurely reaction did not get unnoticed by sunshine who frowned. He walked in careful step towards Sehun with a smile on his face. It was sly if anything and now Sehun was mentally telling him to go away. To actually talk to him was a horrible bother he didn't want to think about. He wanted to go back to his initial attitude, conversations were bothersome.

 

 

 

 

 

Bothersome was also the way sunshine put his tiny hands on the Sehun's book and leaned forwards, dangerously close to Sehun's face. He leaned so close that their noses touched. Sehun was very uncomfortable and wished that sunshine would go back or at least tell him what his problem was. Instead of just invading his personal space. Though he couldn't bring himself to say any of those words because sunshine smirked at him.

 

 

 

It wasn't a menacing smirk, more like a cunning one.

 

 

 

He raised his hand and patted Sehun's chin in an almost lovable manner.

 

 

 

 

"Such a cute young man."

 

 

 

 

 

In the next moment, the screeching of the chairs were audible as Sehun stood up. He grabbed the other's skinny wrist which was still lingering on Sehun's chin and slammed it against his book. He glared as stern as he could and still didn't let go of sunshine's wrist. To make it worse Sehun held his wrist firmer and then pulled him back close, making their foreheads touch. It was strange for both of them even Sehun regretted this decision for a second. And yet he didn't move from this position and carried on to glare- or more watch sunshine.

 

 

 

 

 

"Don't touch me." He said that as calm as he could, he didn't want to scare the other for some reason. Usually he didn't care if he would upset others and fairly in this case he didn't care much either but he wanted to avoid a dispute. He couldn't handle a cry-baby and sunshine looked like someone who would start sobbing in an instant. This reaction never took place since sunshine raised his hand ever so slightly to gently cup Sehun's face. His eyes held a hint of nosiness as he his thumb along Sehun's cheekbone.

 

 

A blush tinted sunshine's cheeks while he lazily smiled at Sehun.

 

 

 

"You have pretty eyes."

 

 

He whispered, his breath catching in his throat at the sight of Sehun's wide, brown eyes full of confusion. Who on their right mind would use 'pretty' to describe a feature of Sehun? He was anything but pretty this boy had to be drunk or blind. Honestly, he was wasting time by gazing and not saying anything. To his defence he parted his lips and something flared up in his eyes. He let go of sunshine not because he was too annoyed to handle that but that loud footsteps approached the library.

 

 

The sparkle in sunshine's eyes disappeared as he sharply turned his head around to the door. It looked like he remembered the reason why he was there in the first place. He looked around in panic, trying to find a place to hide. Sehun couldn't quite tell what he should do because this was not his business. He didn't say much and sat back down; sunshine could take care of his own problems. His expression was neutral, but he could sense that sunshine was not feeling like him. He did admit that he didn't care about what was going on and still he felt obligated to ask.

 

 

 

Sehun gave up after a few minutes when he found himself reading the same two sentences over and over again while straining his ears for the sounds of sunshine coming closer. Sehun wanted to not pay attention to him which was a lot more difficult than it sounded. He couldn't possibly when this person was so close and kept on staring at Sehun as if he had done something funny. Nonetheless that expression disappeared when someone pushed the handle of the door down, indicating their arrival.

 

 

 

As of cue sunshine stopped mindlessly going in circles and rather dashed behind Sehun's chair. The one who sat on the chair didn't need to turn around to know that sunshine had changed locations. Why would he hide behind this chair? There was plenty of room- several shelves to hide behind. And yet he chose to make Sehun's life harder, of course. The door opened and a teacher walked quickly in. It was Sehun's maths teacher who was known for being infuriating and strict. He must have noticed that there was supposedly only one student in the library so he approached him.

 

 

 

"Did you see a student, a bit shorter than you come in? He's wearing a tracksuit jacket around his waist which is not part of his uniform. Violating school uniform rules...he is in a lot of trouble." The teacher explained and now that he was so close, Sehun could see the way he was breathing. He was pretty much out of breath so he must have had hunted after sunshine. Actually Sehun didn't see a tracksuit anywhere on sunshine. Probably because he was so engrossed about his face to what he couldn't take his eyes off. Snapping out of those thoughts he blinked and slowly shook his head.

 

 

 

"I haven't seen anyone like that." He said flatly, his voice sounding distant and tinged with some of the annoyance he was currently experiencing. His eyes were unfocused and he appeared to be speaking more to himself than to the teacher. His mind was not absorbing the fact that he was currently helping sunshine out. He hoped that the other boy wouldn't make a sound and just leave it all to him. Was he even doing that?  Sehun wished he knew.

 

 

 

 

The teacher let his eyes trail around until he had enough confirmation and left.

 

 

 

 

As soon as that happened, Sehun pushed with his legs the chair back to stand up. The other boy, who had been hiding, fell on his caused by the chair that suddenly shoved him back. He didn't say anything when Sehun walked around the chair to take sunshine's wrist. He bleakly drew him up because he didn't have the patience to look down on him while talking. He had to make it clear that he had no intentions of helping sunshine; he didn't know why he even did it. If he would be able to turn back time then he would have done that with pleasure. He would have told the teacher where sunshine would be hiding but this chance was gone.

 

 

 

 

He deliberated for a second because when Sehun let his eyes roam over the person in front of him, he noticed the tracksuit jacket.

 

 

 

 

A strange maybe?

 

 

 

 

 

"Listen up. I don't know why I've covered for you, so don't come on stupid thoughts. Don't annoy me and leave. I'll smash your face in seconds." Sehun wanted to end their weird encounter as quick as possible and didn't wish to pay attention after that anymore. This wasn't really a situation he wanted to engage upon. He wanted to be left alone and maybe admire his sunshine from distance. It took a moment for it all to sunk, and when it did, sunshine raised his eyebrows and parted his lips. Then he nodded with a serious expression and grabbed his chin in an understanding manner:

 

 

 

"Oh, I see..."

 

 

 

 

No you don't. That was what Sehun wanted to scream at him. He felt the anger and frustration pile up in his chest as his fingers started to twitch. He hadn't really thought that sunshine wouldn't take this as a warning. Or just leave after his little outburst. He didn't. This whole situation was just absurd in Sehun's opinion. It was so absurd and ridiculous that he wanted to beat the out of someone. Of course not sunshine. The room was silent for a moment as Sehun stared back at the shorter with a frown. Why didn't he get this simple message?

 

 

 

Just when Sehun was going to leave, sunshine slightly whined to get his attention. Not really having a chance, Sehun reacted and turned around as unsympathetic as possible. What he didn't expect was that a light blush was beginning to spread across sunshine's cheeks. "You know I'm opening a club and I...think you'll be perfect." But then he stopped and looked wildly around the room for a second. "It's a secret so don't tell anyone..!!" Looking flustered, he whispered the last sentence with his finger on his lips. Sadly to say, he didn't anticipate to be ignored by the taller who scoffed and was going to walk off.

 

 

 

Sunshine whined again and wrapped his arms around Sehun's visible stronger one.

 

 

 

"No don't leave! This is not nice!"

 

 

 

He squeezed his eyes apprehensively shut though he opened them and darted from side to side slightly to go through it in mind again. He was probably having a conversation with himself. This didn't impress Sehun- if anything it creeped him out and supported his wish to go away.

 

 

 

"I'm pretty sure you'll like it!" He absently dropped his gaze down to their shoes and blinked a couple of times. He didn't say more and instead played unconsciously with the sleeve of Sehun's shirt. "It's really really fun! I'm the only member...but it's still fun!" He most likely knew what Sehun was thinking and just wanted to make it seem funnier. He was right as the taller rolled his eyes and was going to pull his arm away. But sunshine didn't let go and held his arm firmer, tightly interlocked with his own ones. He wouldn't let Sehun just go, this wasn't fair.

 

 

 

 

"How the is this fun?! You are just sitting all by yourself." It was rude and meant to be educative but yet sunshine's arms were still gripping Sehun's in such a way that he could barely feel his arms, too numb to even feel the pain. There was a light layer of sweat gathering on Sehun's forehead and he formed his hands into trembling fists. He couldn't give in. He just couldn't. He didn't look at sunshine's face simply because he didn't think he could bear to see the look on the smaller boy's face. His eyes were so shiny- Sehun wasn't sure if sunshine was going to cry.

 

 

To answer this mentally asked question, sunshine sniffed, rubbed his eyes and released Sehun's heavy feeling arm.

 

 

 

"I'm...not sad. I'm just allergic to the...dust here...! Look!" He brought an eye drops bottle from his pocket and held it up. Sehun truth to be told wanted to make sure that he was not lying. This was problematic because there was this disgusting snot trail that came out of sunshine's nose. Sehun was staring at the shorter with a mixture of shock, horror and curiosity. His mouth was open slightly, as though he was trying to say something but had in this second not the capability to say anything. How can such a pure looking sunshine be so careless? Why was he even rubbing the snot with his wrist?

 

 

 

After being partly distracted, Sehun's eyes flicked to his books and then back at the other. It was not challenging to see that his usual calm gaze hardened. "I don't even know what to say. So I will pretend that you don't exist." He spoke as he packed his stuff together. Sunshine on the other hand frowned at the strangely harsh tone of his voice. Did he do something wrong? He couldn't remember a time to have done so. Was it his nose? It was clean now and his eyes didn't tear up anymore as well.

 

 

 

"Sunshine, I will say this one more time do listen well to me okay?!" His face showing all those different kinds of emotions which was a lot to handle. Sehun was angry, confused and overwhelmed. He didn't know what to think about anything. He didn't want to join a club but then something felt wrong. Sehun swung his bag over his shoulder to show that he wouldn't stay longer, "I don't have time to play with you. Go find someone else. If you will annoy me again you'll find yourself in a dumpster." He threatened and turned around eventually. "I don't want to harm you but I will if you don't get lost. Don't follow me either."

 

 

 

A dominant smirk appeared on his lips when sunshine gaped wordlessly at him, "I mean you must have heard of me. I'm not scared to beat the out of you." The possibility to have scared the other was high judging from the way he was saying that and sunshine sulked. He shamelessly carried on staring silently at sunshine, refusing to loosen up despite the genuinely apologetic and slightly baffled expression on sunshine's face. Of course he heard about the outcast Oh Sehun, the untouchable. It didn't matter how close one would be to him- his mind would be in a totally different place.

 

 

 

 

"But-"

 

 

 

 

"No. I won't join." Sehun pronounced it as slowly and clearly as he was able to.

 

 

 

"No?" Sunshine repeated while he blinked in curiosity.

 

 

 

 

"No." Sehun repeated firmly and made his way towards the door.

 

 

 

"No!" The shorter copied him and lightly jumped up and down.

 

 

 

 

"No."

 

 

 

"No no!" Sunshine droned totally out of tune and before Sehun could close the door behind his back, the other boy skipped to the door with a huge smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So when are you going to join?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

The answer was noisily banging the door shut in front of sunshine's stunned face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-x-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Why couldn't Sehun just pretend that nothing had happened?

 

 

 

Throughout his whole day, he could only see sunshine. As if a spell had been casted on him. Seriously, sunshine was everywhere he followed Sehun as good as he could. In his lessons he obviously couldn't because they weren't in the same class. This didn't affect his mood though because sunshine didn't give up. When Sehun went to the toilets, he could see in the mirror's reflection the smaller boy who gasped and quickly hid in a stall. He honestly had to work on his skills to not get caught if he ever wanted to pursue someone again.

 

 

 

When Sehun was eating by himself on the rooftop, sunshine was behind the door. He curled both of his hands into circles and pretended to have binoculars as he pressed them against his eyes. Sehun didn't know if he should laugh at this pathetic sight or if he should just get up and shoo the annoyance away. He hadn't verbally talked to him yet because sunshine ran away whenever he turned around. Was he that eager to get Sehun into this club nobody knew about? Why did it have to be Sehun? He was the last person one could ask for help.

 

 

 

 

He wasn't sociable at all so Sehun didn't understand why he was so badly needed.

 

 

 

 

When it was almost the end of the school day, Sehun could still feel sunshine trail behind his back. He had to draw a line between them as this following couldn't go on forever. He turned around with a sigh and saw sunshine froze. He noticed that he was caught, thinking of running to a different corridor. It took a while for Sehun's move to process in sunshine's mind. He didn't think that it would be over this quickly since he planned to follow the taller for longer. Seeing sunshine awkwardly standing there with a strained smile was all Sehun could focus on right now.

 

 

 

 

 

"I don't want to hurt you. But get the out of my face. I'm serious." He never wanted to say those words but he had to do it. He doubted that the message would have gotten through sunshine's thick skull if not said so bluntly. Sehun didn't seem to know what else to say and just stood there watching sunshine silently. He didn't think that sunshine would say something back and was most likely reflecting on his mistake. Sehun didn't like standing in the corridor so he sighed, leaving sunshine behind.

 

 

 

 

Finally he could have his peace.

 

 

 

 

This was until sunshine bit worryingly his bottom lip and stretched his arms forwards to push the other.

 

 

 

 

"You are mean!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun didn't expect that he would actually fall from that but he did. He shouldn't have underestimated sunshine's small stature as well. What he should have done instead was keeping his eyes open because he fell on someone. He couldn't tell if it was a student or a teacher and was simply laying there on this person. No matter who it was, Sehun couldn't stay there- he had to get up. He was about to prop his hand on the floor but he actually had his hand somewhere else. It was too soft to be the cold hard floor so Sehun couldn't help but ask himself.

 

 

 

 

It was a good idea to have opened his eye as he face to face with a girl.

 

 

She stared at him with this weird expression, not being able to make her mind up. She didn't look angry or particularly embarrassed, just perplexed. Of course Sehun jumped off her and stood up, helping her pick up the papers that had gone flying in the collision. The girl took a closer look at him and also got up on her own. She brushed the dust on her clothes away and locked her eyes with Sehun who gave her the papers.

 

 

 

" sorry it's not my fault. It's ing sunshine's fault. He pushed me- whatever you don't care." He was right because the girl didn't drop her bizarre expression and if anything she looked weirder. For a second, Sehun looked a little thrown; clearly surprised that she wasn't questioning him like he had been bracing himself for. He touched her after all where he shouldn't have. Weren't girl extremely sensitive about that? So why didn't he get slapped? He was waiting for it.

 

 

 

 

"It's okay. I'm Jung Soojung. You can call me Krystal-"

 

 

 

"Sorry I don't do nicknames." He cut in and then realised that he was being hypocritical by calling this other boy sunshine. Well it wasn't his fault he didn't know the other's name. When she heard that, she duck her head down as a small bit of shyness appeared in her eyes, but Sehun stayed to his words. He wouldn't take it back. She had to deal with that, it was not like they were going to be friends. He had to tell her that before she would come on peculiar thoughts.

 

 

 

"Don't think of becoming friends. It will be awkward for us. Whenever you see me you'll think 'oh that's that who d me'. And I will be in this uncomfortable position and anyway I'm a boy and you are a girl. And we don't hang around together okay?" He didn't mean to hurt her feelings but friends were the last thing he needed. Everyone was scared of him. They didn't like someone like him. It took her a few seconds to respond, her body froze as she wondered if she had heard correctly.

 

 

 

She didn't say much and nodded.

 

 

 

 

"Good. See you around Soojung." He said and with hands in his pockets left. That was close; he had almost made a friend. He didn't go to school to make friends. He went there to learn and prepare himself well enough for the adult world. He kept reminding himself of that, the fact still prompting surprise and distrust notwithstanding the many times he had replayed the memory. It just seemed too quick to be true. This morning was like any other morning and now he had met this sugar crazed sunshine as well as a girl who wanted to start a friendship based on a misunderstanding. Why was so much happening?

 

 

 

 

A breeze of wind blew through the opened windows from the corridors in his direction and goose bumps rose along his arms and legs tingling. It was warm so why did he feel like that? It couldn't be possibly sunshine right? Sehun's face crinkled with exasperation when he walked the stairs down to his next lesson. He was gone right? Would he leave Sehun now alone? Probably he gave up. He was too weak to be putting a fight up with Sehun and must have had surrendered. He passed all those students that were talking to their friends with frustration bubbling up in his mind.

 

 

 

 

Maybe he was not particularly convinced by his thoughts, but he didn't pursue the subject. He had to move on; the school was too big to be running again into sunshine. The chances were so small that he wouldn't think through them. He was obviously one of the first one to enter the classroom as his gaze swept around the room for the presence of anyone else. He dragged his feet to his desk way to the back and let himself drop on his seat. He put his arms on the surface of the desk and leaned his forehead on it.

 

 

 

 

He kept his eyes trained on the surface, unable to think clearly but found his own gaze hardening.

 

 

 

 

 

"I don't need friends."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He would go mad to know that sunshine had never left him and was standing behind the door.

 

 

 

 

He had also heard his last words.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-x-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Fate apparently hated Sehun because he totally forgot that he had detention as well. He came in that week many times late to school because of the delaying buses. Therefore he would be held back for an hour. It was anyway late and now he had to stay even longer. He really forgot. And there was this one annoying person who also had detention for not wearing proper uniform. It was easy to count one and one together which equalled Sehun and sunshine in the same room for one whole hour. He couldn't even stand a few minutes with him so how should he deal with sixty?

 

 

 

 

Fate really really hated him.

 

 

 

 

 

He had made sure to sit as far as possible away from sunshine who was sitting at the front. He visibly came earlier with his tracksuit jacket in his arms. He seemed so innocent and calm even in the detention room. Being there indicated that he had done something wrong although he didn't seem like it. As sunshine continued to stare indecisively at the board, Sehun who was sitting at the back turned his head to look outside. He watched with an untiring gaze, the flaring sun slowly sink underneath the horizon, and threads of light lingered through the clouds.

 

 

 

 

The sky was tinted in colours, simply gazing at it, brought a sense of serenity to Sehun's usual uneasy heart. He enjoyed the warm glow that shone through the windows and coloured the classroom in a refreshing orange. Like always Sehun was in his own world, only having eyes for the beautiful sunset. He wouldn't look away from this scene thus his own sunshine took himself the freedom to come closer and closer. He came closer and closer until he was in front of Sehun's desk, also staring at the sunset in awe.

 

 

 

"This looks so nice...! I'm impressed...yes I am..." The remaining nerves that had still been fluttering around in sunshine conveying the fear that Sehun disliked him were gone. It had all disappeared and he was completely at ease. He was also surprised that Sehun didn't shoo him back to his place, he was very quiet. He could imagine this moment to stay like that until their teacher who was a few doors away would come back. Instead of observing both students their teacher used the time to go through tests. Sunshine didn't mind because he was alone with Sehun and could finally persuade him to join.

 

 

 

 

 

As soon as he thought that Sehun's peaceful expression changed, his dull brown eyes flicked to sunshine and his face twisted into an aggravated expression as he took in sunshine's appearance. He didn't need to say more because sunshine nervously laughed and took steps backwards while raising his hands, "I'm going! I'm going! Please don't be angry!" He laughed some more when Sehun was still staring at him he didn't see the chair behind and bumped into it. Whining from the dull pain he rubbed his back and pursed his lips, silently saying that the chair was mean.

 

 

 

When he was back on his seat, he turned around and raised his thumb with a smile:

 

 

 

 

"Look I'm back. I'm not there anymore, is this better?"

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun propped his elbow on the table with his palm on his cheek.

 

 

 

 

 

"Go to a different room. Then it's better."

 

 

 

 

 

Just when sunshine was going to respond that he technically couldn't leave since they were having detention, a click disrupted the silence between them.

 

 

 

 

Sehun looked at the currently locked door and then back at sunshine with slightly wide eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

"Well ."

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

TTS - Adrenaline ♡

 

 

I totally lied when I said Luhan won't be stupid but you guys should know me by now

 

Ha Ha.

 

I will only update weekends because I'm too busy with school.

 

If this story will get a good response I'll update twice per week (Wednesday)

 

 

 

Krystal won't be a love interest for now so close your lips and shut your tongue if you think she'll go between Hunhan :)

 

 

 

Watch out for Luhan's blackmailing~

 

 

 

 

See you next week (or Wednesday) !

 

 

bomi xoxo