daydreaming prince.

Play Me Up ►

 

 

daydreaming prince.

 

 

 

 

That Sehun didn't ask him out was not very important for Lu Han. It would have been too good to be true. Someone like him wouldn't confess especially not in front of other people. He was too proud to do that so how did Lu Han come up with that idea? They all sat down on the huge table- Kai was quick enough to sit down next to his crush whereas Sehun had to sit across of them. Chanyeol was next to him, not paying attention and reasonably staring at the ceiling. It had been a while that he was in the building.

 

 

The atmosphere was awkward to say, since Chanyeol wasn't very used to be around others. He thought that it was a good idea to have come but now when he sat there, he had to think about that again. He didn't feel good. Lu Han was smiling at him as if he had done something great but he didn't. Chanyeol didn't understand why someone would smile at him like that. He hadn't done anything worth of getting smiled at. He felt uncomfortable and therefore he looked away to not have to watch Lu Han anymore.

 

 

Lu Han was quick to catch that and leaned forwards, "Thank you Chanyeol for coming. I don't know what made you come but I am really grateful for that." After he had said that, Chanyeol was expected to say something anything but he ce more around and frowned. He appeared troubled and upset. Kai loudly laughed because he loved Lu Han but it was so funny. It was twisting that Chanyeol came and thus showed cooperation though he still ignored them. He was not very excited to be actually part of that group since he kept on avoiding eye contact.

 

 

"Looks like he doesn't like you." It didn't take long for Sehun to realise that. He smirked because it was now proven that Chanyeol did not like Lu Han back. That meant there would be fewer chances of hugging the other and being overly close. Lu Han's face expression was priceless; as if he didn't think that there was someone who didn't like him. Didn't everybody like him? How was it possible to dislike him? Shaking his head and laughing nervously he twisted the hem of his shirt.

 

 

 

This cannot be.

 

 

"Nice weather today. Don't you think so Chanyeol?" The only thing he could do was to find out if he was really disliked. It just couldn't be. He hadn't done anything that would be considered as bad. Not including blackmailing but that was a different story. Chanyeol couldn't even know about that. Lu Han hoped that it wouldn't happen again but Chanyeol didn't make any efforts to even listen to Lu Han. He glanced up to the ceiling and then rested his cheek on his hand.

 

 

"Wow he really hates you." Sehun was to some extent enthralled that Lu Han would be the victim of this mistreatment.

 

 

Straightway Lu Han slammed his hands on the table and stood up, "That's not true! He's just confused..." His tone quieted as he sat back down and did his best to glare at him. How could Sehun say that? He should know better than anyone else how sensitive Lu Han could get.

 

 

"He isn't confused." Sehun shot back, not believing that he couldn't accept facts.

 

 

"Stop making him feel bad!" Of course Kai wouldn't let anyone insult Lu Han like this. He was surely siding with his crush; Chanyeol was just confused. He had to admit though that he was happy that Chanyeol wouldn't be all too friendly with Lu Han. That would lessen their skinship which he would replace. Who would be able to hug Lu Han better than Kai himself? Only Sehun had to spoil everything he was annoying and insensitive. Didn't he know how Lu Han would feel when someone would do that to him? Because it irritated him a lot.

 

 

Sehun kept his mouth shut and didn't bother to say anything. Lu Han recovered quickly, the shock that had been dilating his pupils speedily vanishing. "You don't need to be shy," That's how he started another conversation with Chanyeol assuring him like a child that everything was going to be fine. Well surprise, Chanyeol was fine in the first place. He didn't have any problems so what was Lu Han about? He tried again to smile and this time less forceful and more relaxed. However Chanyeol didn't feel the difference and looked away.

 

 

"I think you should give up talking to him. It's clear that he doesn't like you." Blunt as ever Sehun stuck the other with those words which he didn't take well. It seemed like Sehun was right, Chanyeol wasn't very fond of him. It would be the very difficult to communicate with him if he didn't have a way to talk to him. Exhaling Lu Han rested his head on the desk and let out another sigh. He couldn't think of anything to say to this and he was still asking himself for what he did, so he stayed silent. After a short pause, Kai was fed up and spoke again:

 

 

"How do you know if he only ignores Lu Han? I mean he could ignore everyone and not only him." Kai would use every opportunity to make himself look good in front of his beloved Lu Han. He thought that Sehun was dangerously close to his territory now that Kris didn't like Lu Han. There were too many enemies and Kai couldn't have an eye on them all. With 'too many' Sehun and Chanyeol were meant. In particular his number one rival.

 

 

 

"That's not true. I just talked to Chanyeol."

 

 

 

Way to go Sehun.

 

 

 

"Okay if you like Chanyeol so much then just date him!" Lu Han yelled at Sehun despite the fact that he raised his head and fist. He totally didn't understand why Sehun would always defend him, Lu Han knew him longer. Sehun was so mean to him, too honest. Instead of making him feel better and say that it wasn't his fault, he only made it more problematic. In this moment it was not smart to be frank.

 

 

 

"Huh? It has nothing to do with that I just said-"

 

 

"OKAY STOP IT NOW! THIS SOUNDS LIKE A LOVE QUARREL!" It was not a good move to be thinking like that, but Kai couldn't keep it to himself anymore. He didn't want them to be in a position where they would have love quarrels. They were only classmates to each other, Kai was so sure. He had always thought of Sehun as a rival but that didn't mean that he actually believed him. Lu Han was his alone and Sehun had to know his place.

 

 

 

Sehun and Lu Han looked at Kai for a second and then went back to their argument:

 

 

 

"I've never said that I like Chanyeol so how can assume that? You are such a ing ."

 

 

"I've trusted you Sehun! Weren't you in love with me?! What does Chanyeol have that I don't?!"

 

 

"Sunshine you really drive me crazy. Do you even listen to what I'm saying?!"

 

 

"I've trusted you Sehun!"

 

 

 

 

 

While throwing those words back and forth, Kai and Chanyeol were just sitting there. Did they ever think that their insignificant disagreement would turn into that? Not really. They did listen to the meaningless fight and honestly it was more annoying than entertaining. Especially Kai. He never heard them properly fight so it was a surprise to know that it lasted so long. Did he already mention that it was pointless? It really was.

 

 

Even someone with a strong mind like Kai couldn't listen to this anymore. Especially when Lu Han's voice turned higher the angrier he got. It was like someone was stabbing his eardrums whenever Lu Han shouted back. He was most likely unaware of his ability to hurt someone's ears with his mere voice. Kai was the first one to get up and head straight to the door. He thought that Lu Han would stop him but no. He was too busy proving Sehun that he was cheating on him even though they weren't dating.

 

 

And Chanyeol? He was too busy playing his video game and occasionally stare at them with judging eyes.

 

 

 

Kai had enough when nobody was stopping him. He closed the door behind his back and let out a sigh. He should better come back when all of this would be over. He wouldn't be able to focus when someone was yelling into his ear like Lu Han. It was not easy admitting it but he had the theory that Lu Han liked Sehun. He knew that this sounded crazy but couldn't it be? That would explain a few things here and there.

 

 

 

But really?

 

 

 

Nah never.

 

 

 

 

With hands in his pockets he blew his cheeks up and left the hallway.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I THOUGHT YOU ONLY LIKED ME! OR DO YOU CALL EVERYONE SUNSHINE?!"

 

 

"No that's not true!"

 

 

 

 

 

-x-

 

 

 

 

Not being with Lu Han made Kai peculiarly feel unfilled. He didn't know how to explain it but it felt like he was used and thrown away. Okay this was too dramatic but even so he felt like that. It was not that Kai was lonely per se; he was one of the more popular ones. He could have friends if he really wanted some. But it had nothing to do with that, Kai just wanted Lu Han alone. He didn't consider Sehun as a friend because he was a rival and being with Chanyeol was just awkwardness.

 

 

Kai and the whole school knew that Chanyeol's attendance was about -1% which he had gotten from being absent for a year. If he really wanted to leave the school then why didn't he just cross his name of the list? He couldn't understand why someone would suddenly come back. It was suspicious. Out of boredom Kai looked out of the window from a different classroom. He doubted that anyone would be there, all lessons were already finished and only club members were lingering around.

 

 

Glancing down he could see the cars from the remaining teachers and a few students leaving school. They were three and seemed like the ones that were friends with Kris. What if Kai could make them join their team? Didn't Lu Han need more members? So if they would agree then they would have three more members. This again meant that Lu Han would be happier than ever. This was a good plan; he could make himself look good and Lu Han pleased. He would already be in advantage since Sehun hadn't recruited anyone.

 

 

 

 

 

Kai could already see it in front of his eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

"Thank you so much!"

 

 

Without any further explanation Lu Han ran towards Kai and enveloped him in a firm hug. He was glad that they had now three more members. Being seven was way better than being four. Now they would be taken more seriously. Lu Han was very grateful to him; nobody had ever done that to him. He always knew that he liked Kai better than anyone else. He was more reliable than a certain someone.

 

 

Tightening the hug for the last time Lu Han pulled away and put both of his hands on Kai's cheeks:

 

 

"You don't know how awesome you are. You don't know how happy you make me. Sehun was just a dumb crush. I love you Kai." Once more he leaned his forehead against Kai's chest and let himself be hugged by the younger. Finally his dream came. After chasing Lu Han for so long, it was worth it. He has always known that the elder would fall for his charms.

 

 

Always.

 

 

 

 

"I'm not worthy of being your rival...Kai you are so much better than me..."

 

 

These were Sehun's words who was crouching down at a corner, head down and shoulders slumped.

 

 

 

 

Of course.

 

 

 

Snapping out of his daydream, Kai looked back through the window. Those students weren't there anymore but that was fine. He knew their faces so that was okay. He smirked and turned around; Kai couldn't wait to find and encourage them to join. He would look so respectable and dedicated. Lu Han would have no choice but fall for him. He would. Being so caught up with those ideas he didn't see that there was someone standing at the doorway. Kai froze in his tracks and had to recall that face who was frowning at him.

 

 

 

Wasn't that?

 

 

 

 

 

"It's you again." He confirmed and instead of being happy he looked exasperated.

 

 

Then it finally clicked in Kai's brain, "Oh it's you! The one I bumped into." It was definitely the same person. He should have recognised him earlier since it wasn't that long ago. Now Kai felt awkward because he didn't know what to do. Should he attempt to talk to him? But the more he stared the more irritated the other got. He made the why-are-you-staring-at-me face well Kai would answer that if he knew the answer. He approached the door- or the guy and stopped once more right in front of him.

 

 

"What's your na-"

 

 

"Are you busy." The other interrupted Kai's question with also a question which more sounded like a declaration. Kai felt intimidated by him but he couldn't tell why. So he played along and slowly shook his head. He wasn't lying; he would rather stay with him than go back to the room. Maybe they could become friends. Or bribe him to join as well. But this person was a bit too scary to ask him so that could wait. He had a baby face though this was not important if he had the aura of a killer.

 

 

"That's good. Carry this and drop me to the bus stop." Pushing an additional plastic bag into Kai's hands he gave him this order. Kai didn't think twice and only nodded. He had nothing to do so getting to know the other could be a good idea. Although asking someone to do these things were out of the ordinary. Carrying things for others if they were too heavy was understandable. But he had just met him for the second time.

 

 

As soon as Kai held the slightly heavy plastic bag in his hand, the other turned around and walked away.

 

 

 

Kai needed a moment to understand and jogged after him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The walk to the bus stop was weird because none of them was saying something. It didn't look like the guy wanted to say anything because he kept on striding faster than Kai. Or maybe Kai was just too slow for that. He seriously struggled with carrying whatever was inside the bag. At first it was alright but after some time it was just painful. He stole a glance and could see that there were books inside. Probably all bought because he could see the receipt stuck between two thick books.

 

 

 

Who would buy those boring books?

 

 

 

"What's your name?" Kai couldn't live with this indecision and hastily inquired. Maybe he heard his name from somewhere. Or they could have mutual friends. The other person turned around and completely caught off guard by that question. As if nobody had ever asked that. He glanced aside as if he didn't want to look at Kai's face.

 

 

 

"Do Kyungsoo."

 

 

 

His voice was not as calm as it was earlier and Kai couldn't understand why. Shouldn't he have asked that question? But there was nothing wrong with asking what his name was. It was normal. He had slowed down and was now walking at the same pace as Kai. They didn't look at each other mainly because it would make the situation more uncomfortable than it actually was.

 

 

"I'm Kim Jongin. You can call me Kai." He smiled a bit-if it was appropriate which was not seen by the other because again he looked away. Kyungsoo didn't seem angry but just exhausted and slightly maddened. Two minutes later he turned his head back and gazed at Kai.

 

 

 

"I know. The school's prince right?"

 

 

 

Kai was surprised by this categorisation and laughed out off:

 

 

 

"I wouldn't call myself that. But yeah people call me that."

 

 

From that point on Kyungsoo was quiet. He didn't say anything, a silence entered that was better off untouched. They simply walked side by side and Kai frequently looked at the other to check if he was trying to say something. Kai preferred it to talk a lot so he didn't really like the silence. Kyungsoo however seemed to like it and therefore Kai followed his example and didn't say a word. When they arrived at the bus stop, it was only logical to think that Kyungsoo would wait for the bus.

 

 

 

But Kyungsoo didn't.

 

 

 

 

There was already a huge dark car with black tinted windows so nobody could look inside. The front windows of the driver were rolled down and Kai could see someone slightly older than himself sit on the driver's seat. Did that mean that Kyungsoo was rich? The driver was wearing a uniform. Being slightly shocked by that, Kai didn't realise that Kyungsoo overtook the bag and opened the back door. He placed the bag onto one of the back seats before sitting himself down.

 

 

Even after seeing this all, Kai didn't do much but watch.

 

 

 

 

Before slamming the door shut, Kyungsoo had something to say.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Thank you Prince."

 

 

 

 

It was monotone, bored and yet warm.

 

 

 

 

Kai could only wave after the car and had one thought struck his mind.

 

 

 

 

A new potential member.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-x-

 

 

 

 

"Sehun you are so mean! After everything I've done for you, you still prefer Chanyeol?!"

 

 

 

"I've never said that!"

 

 

 

 

 

Believe it or not but Chanyeol was feeling exactly like Kai. He couldn't stand this pointless fight that didn't make sense. Did they even know what they were fighting about? He thought that he would be able to ignore him but he couldn't. When he had agreed to come he only wanted to see how it all was going. That was not what he expected. He thought that there would be more people and less fighting. He followed Kai by standing up and also deciding that it was enough for today.

 

 

He hasn't even done anything but yes it was enough.

 

 

 

Chanyeol shot both of them an exasperated look before he pushed the handle and also left. Just when he was about to leave he could practically feel that Lu Han jumped on Sehun and was trying to blame him that Chanyeol had left. He screamed something like 'it's all your fault' while Sehun replied in a calmer tone that 'sunshine should get off if he didn't want to get beaten up'. Sighing out loud he swiftly scratched his game with his thumb before putting it in his bag. It was stupid to have come.

 

 

 

It had been so long that he wasn't there which made it a bit tough for him to find the exit. With a little help he knew how to come but leave was slightly different. His memory wasn't the best so he had a few troubles to recall which hallway was the right one.

 

He simply took a random one and hoped that it was the real one. Maybe he could trust himself and it was the correct one. Who knew? Actually he secretly hoped that there were still a few students left that could help him better out. He was sure that there had to be one or two. It was only four so it wasn't that late. Chanyeol indeed heard footsteps coming closer which could be from his possible helper. He waited for a second to figure out from where this sound came from.

 

 

One thing was sure, it was coming towards Chanyeol.

 

 

 

Chanyeol turned his head to the left and walked forwards when their eyes met. The person who could help him with the way out of the school was no other than Byun Baekhyun. The other was as surprised as Chanyeol and failed to say something. Something like a greeting never made it past Baekhyun's lips. He was too much in shock because it had also been for him a while to have seen him. He was sure that Chanyeol would eventually come back to school but he didn't think that it would be on this day.

 

 

 

"Chanyeol...I didn't know...that you came." This was not what Baekhyun wanted to say but he couldn't bring himself to say more. Or something specific because the way he was shifting his weight from one foot to the other seemed like he was not certain himself. He smiled- maybe it would make the situation less strained and looser but all he got was a nod from Chanyeol. So he didn't want to talk to Baekhyun as well? That was new.

 

 

 

"Shall I help you out? They built around here and moved the exit a few months ago." Baekhyun started a new attempt and this time he received a 'yes'. It was not something big or worth of being celebrated but still an accomplishment. He waved the other after him when he walked and expected Chanyeol to follow him, which he obviously did. He had no choice if he ever wanted to go home. It didn't take long and to be straightforward Chanyeol would have founded the exit alone with nobody helping him.

 

 

 

Together they arrived at the doors and then Baekhyun all of a sudden stopped. He didn't walk past the door because he wasn't ready to get home yet. He still had a lot of work to do and would do this with a few classmates. Chanyeol was told this when he wondered why Baekhyun wasn't going as well. For the record, he wasn't carrying a bag so it was slightly apparent. He didn't notice that because he was too busy noticing that Baekhyun didn't change. Even after a year he looked the same. That relieved Chanyeol because this was the only Baekhyun he knew.

 

 

"I'll see you tomorrow. If you come I mean...I really hope you do." Baekhyun smile was constantly there and this was something that Chanyeol had really missed. Would he come again if he would be able to see Baekhyun? Surely he would. He couldn't smile back because it was not an action that Chanyeol liked doing though he had something else to give. He had gotten in from Lu Han and pulled from his pocket a neatly folded flyer. Watching it for a second he stretched his arm out and waited for the other to take it.

 

 

 

Baekhyun was speechless and accepted it with raised eyebrows.

 

 

 

 

"Please join." That was what Chanyeol had swiftly said before taking his leave. He didn't do it because of Lu Han; he did it because he wanted to do it. Baekhyun was surprised once more when Chanyeol spoke to him, polite as ever. He waited until Chanyeol would be out of eyesight and then extended the flyer. He thought that it was something like a club because Chanyeol had asked him to join. There would be only one place where Chanyeol would want to go.

 

 

 

 

So Baekhyun was not surprised when he had Lu Han's ugly flyer in his hands.

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Don't be worried if I haven't  introduced all the characters but only 8 chapters are left.

 

Most of the other members will come in a group and it will flow into the sequel!

 

 

There will be soon more Baekyeol!

 

And when I say that Hunhan will date soon then I mean it.

 

 

I hope you guys liked the supporting OTPs!

 

 

Do leave comments :)

 

 

I'll update soon again!

 

 

bomi xoxo