your love for me.

Play Me Up ►

 

 

 

your love for me.

 

 

 

 

 

One thing was sure. Lu Han was exhausted and couldn't keep his eyes open anymore. He was currently in his classroom and cleaning up which was his punishment since he was caught wearing a tracksuit again. It was by now eight and the fatigue was visibly on his face. His eyelids kept on drooping and he tried to rest as much as possible. The problem was that the classroom was more than dirty and his teacher was watching from the side-lines. Yawning for the nth time Lu Han lazily swung the broom, not even checking what he was cleaning.

 

 

He just wanted to go home.

 

 

"You missed a spot." The teacher pointed under the desk where someone left an empty bottle. Lu Han's eyes twitched, why were his classmates such pigs? Couldn't they clean after themselves? Now Lu Han understood why teachers always got angry when nobody cleaned up. Lu Han could only hope that this wouldn't be his regular punishment. He actually preferred it to have detention. Sitting in silence was better than cleaning, it really was.

 

 

After five more minutes, the teacher looked at the clock and told him that he could go home. Lu Han didn't say anything when his teacher left and simply put the broom away. Finally he could go home. Where Sehun would be waiting. Lu Han knew that he hurriedly had to find members but he couldn't bring himself to worry about that. He only had Sehun living with him in his head. That was like a dream come true. That Sehun would always be in his house and share one single room. Turning the lights off the room, he ran off with his bag so that the teacher could lock the room.

 

 

Rushing the stairs down and in the long run opening the entrance door, his smile dropped. It was so dark and cold. He thought that someone would pick him up but now that he thought about...he hadn't told anyone that he had to stay back. So how should any person get him if nobody knew? Great, now he could go all the way back home alone. He waited for a moment yet he didn't know what and walked out with a bitter expression. He should have worn a jacket because his tracksuit got confiscated for the 20th time and he only had his shirt to cover his torso.

 

 

 

"It can't get any worse..." Lu Han hugged himself when stepping out and strolling in a slow pace. All of a sudden something cold was on his nose. Lu Han was about to check when it already dissolved and turned into water. That could only mean one thing. He looked up and surprise millions of snowflake came down landing on every possible place. He supposed that it wasn't a lot of snow and it would soon stop but only more came down.

 

 

 

"Really...?" Lu Han said in a sarcastic manner and continued his walk.

 

 

 

Of course those things only happened to him. He kind of got used to this since he couldn't do anything against it. When he was totally exposed to the cold wind and icy snow, he couldn't hear that someone was calling him. He couldn't hear anything most likely because he thought that his ears were frozen. But when he heard it again he halted and turned his head to the left and right. There from safe distance at the gate he saw someone running towards him. It was difficult to determine who it was because of the snow and darkness.  That didn't mean that he couldn't guess.

 

 

 

Maybe Kai?

 

 

 

Sometimes he stalked Lu Han and then later walked him home.

 

 

 

 

 

It wasn't Kai. The closer that person walked to him, the bigger Lu Han's eyes got. Lu Han was dumbly blinking when he saw that Sehun was approaching him with considerably red nose and cheeks. He stopped in front of Lu Han who didn't say a word. He was too shocked to have seen him. What was he doing there? Lu Han was sure that nobody had seen him when his teacher told him about his punishment. Or did Sehun just secretly follow him like Kai did? But Sehun wasn't someone to do that, he had his pride dissimilar to Kai.

 

 

"You are freezing. Here wear this." As soon as he was close enough, Sehun put off his jacket and took Lu Han's bag to carry it. Lu Han was quiet when Sehun slipped his jacket on Lu Han-it was too big and yet so warm. He probably pitied him. But holding Lu Han's bag in his hand? Wasn't that a bit too much? Lu Han was cold, yes but he was not weak. Even so he didn't complain and let his hand be taken by Sehun who wanted to hold it.

 

 

 

Disregarding their relationship to this point, it really seemed like they were dating.

 

 

 

Lu Han believed so because friends wouldn't hold hands so tightly. And he doubted that someone would give up their jacket to give it to the other one. But this jacket kept Lu Han very warm and it smelled like Sehun. Through the coldness it was easy to blush so Lu Han could blush as much as he wanted and Sehun wouldn't suspect anything. His hand was as cold as Lu Han's but holding them together created some warmth. They carried on with no talking- there wasn't any to begin with- and they simply walked on.

 

 

When seeing that there weren't many cars anymore that would rush by and deafen their words, Lu Han could finally have green light to man up. This was the ideal place to do it. They were alone and judging from their situation right now, Lu Han didn't think that his feelings were one-sided. He wasn't oblivious to Sehun's mixed signals; he knew that Sehun must felt the same too. Or at least hold some affection for him. This only made sense. It couldn't be any different, Lu Han was sure.

 

 

 

"You know Sehun....how do you define love?"

 

 

 

This was how Lu Han started his question. When he would get all the hints plus nervous behaviour then he was certain that he wasn't the only one who was in love. The problem was that he didn't see Sehun being affectionate a lot. Almost never. So Lu Han had to make sure first that they had the same understanding of love. Maybe it was deep friendship for Sehun. He had never friends before so how was he supposed to know of how to separate those feelings? There was a thin line between deep friendship and love.

 

 

 

And Lu Han had to mark this line to be able to see it.

 

 

 

 

"Hm. Don't know really. Don't you people always say fast heartbeat and all this cheesy stuff?" Sehun shrugged his shoulders and didn't see particularly interested in this stuff.

 

 

"Y-Yeah...but like you said it's what others think. I'm asking you about your opinion. What you think about love?" Lu Han couldn't sound too impatient otherwise his cover would be blown and Sehun would see his motive in doing that. But he wasn't supposed to know it until Lu Han would confess for himself. Sehun appeared to be thinking as he was quiet and hummed. 

 

 

 

"I don't know. If I like someone then I will know."

 

 

What an answer.

 

 

 

This was not supposed to be happening like this, how in the world should Lu Han interpret that? Sometimes he hated it how straightforward and lazy Sehun could be. His answer didn't even match the question. Lu Han asked him what love for him was and not how he would react when in love. He really had to listen to questions better. Should Lu Han ask him again? But wouldn't this seem too suspicious? He would wonder how this was any of Lu Han's business. As it surely wasn't. What followed was not something that Lu Han had anticipated, or would ever in the near future.

 

 

Because Sehun had stopped walking.

 

 

 

"I would care for this person. I would make sure that they are fine. Throw a few insults here and there like ''. I wouldn't listen to this person but agree to join a lame club so I could be close to them. I would get sometimes a tiny bit uncomfortable if they take too long to get home like today. I would give them my jacket and hold their hand because it would be too cold for them."

 

 

 

This was not going according to Lu Han's plan but he didn't care. He didn't think that Sehun would be the first one to say it because this was freaking Oh Sehun. He would rather jump in front of a moving train before talking about his feelings to anyone. But that was a month ago. Now Sehun had no problems to do this. Why? Because Lu Han had changed him and his attitude. Was Lu Han happy? He was. He thought that it would be him pathetically confessing and Sehun would make fun of him.

 

 

 

 

It was conspicuous that Lu Han was at loss for words. He didn't think that it would happen this early. There had to be reason why Sehun came after him and singled him out. There had to be a reason why he was being called sunshine. This reason had to be love. Lu Han's mouth opened and then closed again, his eyes were fixed on the snowy ground. He seemed slightly taken aback as if this was the last thing he had expected to hear. He had always thought that he was the first one to confess.

 

 

"I still can't believe it." Sehun sneered in amusement, holding the smaller boy's gaze as he returned the pressure of his hand. It was not a lie Sehun didn't think that he would ever fall for anyone-it had nothing to do with Lu Han. He thought that he would find a good college, graduate from there and maybe find a nice girl. And here he was holding hands with Lu Han out of all people and give him a stupid answer to a stupid question. Sehun was in denial about a lot of things.

 

 

 

The second he saw Lu Han he was in love.

 

 

 

Did he admit to himself?

 

 

 

No but saw it instead as pure admiration.

 

 

 

From the corner of his eye, Sehun saw Lu Han frown and shake his head slightly. He couldn't know that Lu Han struggled to find a fitting respond. He didn't know what to say. He didn't want to mess up now that Sehun was able to answer his feelings. One wrong word could destroy their future relationship forever. He was feeling some of his nerves retreat at the direction the conversation headed to so he still hesitated before answering.

 

 

In addition to that, the cold made Lu Han's eyes tear up while it also caused lung pain. Or was it his fear to answer? His face numbed and a shudder of chills travelled down his spine. Lu Han had never seen himself to be particularly desirable, nor could he picture that anyone would reflectively wish that they could date him. So what made Sehun so different that he had stopped thinking like that? Sehun was different. He was not like Lu Han had thought he was, Lu Han had observed Sehun way before their first meeting.

 

 

 

He was always sitting in the library.

 

 

 

All by himself.

 

 

 

 

"Can you answer me any time soon?" Holding his hand tighter, Sehun petulantly asked as a car rushed by consequently silencing his voice. Wasn't this what Lu Han always wanted? He had since day 1 assumed that Lu Han liked him. It wasn't really a secret, the blushing and the disgusting laughing about the dumbest things. Sehun didn't know if it was a good idea to have confessed but he wanted to have this feeling off his chest. He thought that he only liked the other as a friend but what he felt couldn't be considered as friendship.

 

 

Swinging their intertwined hands back and forth Lu Han smiled and nodded his head, "Sure I'll go out with you. I thought you would never ask."

 

 

Fighting against the urge to smile, Sehun blushed and looked away:

 

 

"R-Really...?"

 

 

 

"Hmm."

 

 

 

"Are you sure? Y-You know how I am...I mean...Kai actually loves you a lot and...I-I'm just..." Grabbing his hair with one hand he didn't notice that Lu Han's hand slipped out of his. He was too caught up with realising that he would be together with Lu Han. Would that even work? He couldn't tell because this was too much. Sehun had to take a moment to think with a clear mind and he felt the hopeful feeling shrink a little. What if Lu Han had totally changed his mind and didn't want him anymore?

 

 

 

Who would guarantee him that Lu Han was actually sure and wouldn't get bored of him?

 

 

 

 

It wasn't really a good idea to just stop walking in the middle of the night but Sehun had other things to worry about. He directly raised his head when Lu Han had called him. The younger hesitated before saying something; he had – rather childishly hoped that Lu Han had nothing serious to say. He could make out that Lu Han held a branch in his right hand. He was drawing with it on the slightly snow covered ground. Was it really the time to play something?

 

 

 

One the second glance Sehun could actually understand.

 

 

 

It was a badly drawn heart, inside it was Sehun+Lu Han (aka sunshine) written on.

 

 

 

"And? What do you think?" Grinning Lu Han skipped back to Sehun's side after chucking the branch away. He didn't really listen to Sehun's fears and doubts not because he was rude but he had something else in his mind. It was the opposite. Instead of being concerned about them dating, he could only feel happy about it. He wanted to know Sehun's honest opinion about it and repeatedly jabbed Sehun's side with his elbow. He jabbed and nudged him until Sehun's tense expression fell and he was able to respond to that question.

 

 

 

 

Kneeling down and touching the freezing letter with his finger, he was in deep thought.

 

 

 

"One side is bigger than the other....but still....I like it."

 

 

 

Lu Han didn't bother hiding his blush and also went down on his knees, "Really?! You aren't lying?!"

 

 

"Not really. It's ugly though. The heart I mean." Sehun made a weird face and asked himself from where the hell Lu Han had learned to draw hearts. It looked like a kid from the day-care had done it. This didn't mean that he didn't appreciate it. Sehun lightly smiled and got up again, tugging the other with him. Then he put his right arm around Lu Han's shoulder. Like that he guided his newly declared boyfriend forwards and back home.

 

 

 

Not daring to say a word, Lu Han could only flush and hide his face with his hands. As the walk progressed Lu Han moved closer until his head was on Sehun's chest. Sehun's hand slid down so that his arm was looped around Lu Han's waist. Lu Han wanted to be thrilled but he was too tired to think about that as he felt his eyelids grow heavy and a satisfying sleepiness established from the warmth of Sehun's body. He was happy that they had enough courage to confess, it was really just about time.

 

 

 

"You are so bold Sehun..."

 

 

Don't let me go

 

 

 

"Whatever ."

 

 

I won't

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-x-

 

 

 

 

 

 

When they arrived at home, Lu Han's parents were sleeping like always. It wasn't even that late but the reason for that was that they had worked a lot and therefore slept earlier than others. Lu Han got used to it and his parents welcomed Sehun as well. According to them he could stay as long as he wanted to. They didn't ask why he wasn't with his parents anymore which Sehun found strange as he was clearly underage. As soon as they stepped into the house, everything was like always.

 

 

There was no awkward tension or conversation which he thought that Lu Han would engage into. He did change and washed up as if nothing happened. So if he wasn't doing anything then Sehun wouldn't as well. He shrugged his shoulders and left to change while Lu Han was watching an episode of Pororo which he had already seen at least three hundred times. Earlier, Sehun could only watch Lu Han's back view therefore he didn't notice that Lu Han was blushing unhealthily much.

 

 

 

 

 

"Calm don't Lu...you got this!" Slapping his cheeks Lu Han cheered on himself because he had nobody else to do it and also tried to ignore the speed with which his pulse raced. The only difference between them was that they were now dating. Everything else was the same. The freaking same so Lu Han should get his together and stop acting so embarrassed. He was just dating Oh Sehun. Nothing to be overly sensitive about.

 

 

 

 

But Lu Han still ended up turning the TV off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Later that night he decided that it was time for him to go to bed. Although Lu Han was tired as someone could be, he avoided thinking about it. He would only have dirty thoughts since he and Sehun were no longer in the stroppy friend stage. He felt nervous when he was about to enter his room where Sehun was staying at. His palms were clammy and his heart was racing in a way it never had done before. It had nothing to do with what happened because Sehun had always made him feel like that. And on that night there was no exception.

 

 

 

After a few words of encouragement to himself, Lu Han's head shot up when opening the door and his face lit up in a smile, eyes crinkling at the corners. "Are you sleeping?" His eyes slowly took in the figure of Sehun and Lu Han fought the wish to coo under that view which felt loaded with a weight that made him shiver. Sehun did what any other person would do and slept. He didn't look concerned or troubled about his new relationship and was peacefully sleeping.

 

 

"You are something..." Stepping into his room Lu Han added, the usual tone of his voice trembling. He was worrying if they could share now the bed as they were together but Sehun seemingly preferred it to have it for himself. The curtains were drawn shut and Lu Han didn't turn on the lights which resulted in him stepping over his clothes when trying to reach his sleeping place. After struggling for a few minutes he made it and dropped his body on the mattress which was next to the bed. This was so bothersome, why couldn't Sehun make some space for him?

 

 

His eyes trailed upwards to Sehun who was still sleeping. Momentarily thrown by the lack of reaction, which hadn't been what he was expecting at all, Lu Han could only stare. It was his first time to be able to look at Sehun's face in detail without getting glared at. And he liked it. Maybe it was because he had feelings for him but Lu Han couldn't imagine that there were people out there who didn't like him. He smiled and muffled a yawn, hiding his mouth behind his hand. Since Sehun had moved in with him he hadn't been sleeping well.  And now that they were dating he was sure that he would sleep even less.

 

 

 

 

Right now, he didn't care about others.

 

 

 

 

 

Lu Han couldn't even hide the adoration that shone in his eyes.

 

 

 

 

"Sleep well Sehun."

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

 

This is a bridge chapter that's why it's shorter than usually

It just there to gain an insight about Hunhan

kinda like a filler

but it is important for the plot lol

 

Next update will be on Wednesday!

 

bomi xoxo