Avoidance? but why?

My Wushu Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris' P.O.V

"TETZURI!" we heard someone scream in the corridor but when I gave a fleeting look towards the figure, it wasn't just anyone; it was the gentleman of our school, lay.

For an instant, I sense Tao exhale as if he is relieved that we were interrupted and of course he would be. Maybe he didn't wish to reject me on my face as it would humiliate me, maybe that's why it took him this long for the reason that he was attempting to make up an excuse in his mind. Well, I'm not sure but that's the closest judgment I can come up with.

All of a sudden, lay Sprint towards us and embraced Tao leaving both of us taken aback. It’s just so rare, seeing lay hugging the life out of someone or raising his voice just like he did a few seconds ago. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my forearm and I sight Zitao trying to get out of lay's hold. When we made an eye contact, he pointed at lay's back with his eyebrows furrowed as if he is requesting me to get rid of lay. I couldn't really comprehend so I did what I thought he is trying to portray.

"Yixing, you are choking him." I pulled him off of Zitao.

"Oh Kris, I didn't notice you there." Almost no one does, not your fault lay.

He looked at both of us perplexed as if he caught sight of two twins and couldn't differentiate which one is which. "Hey Kris, you know him?" he pointed towards Tao as if he is talking about some stranger and not someone who he just embraced.

"Well, duh! Tao is in my econ class which we just had." I sated the obvious.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but who are you? How can you come out of nowhere and just embrace a stranger in the middle of the corridor? I mean I hardly know you except for the fact that your name is Yixing which Kris just mentioned." Tao said austerely, seems like someone is losing temper or maybe he just don't like kinship but then that's not promising since we had indeed been holding hands in econ.

"Stranger? You barely know me? Tetzuri, I'm so hurt! How can you pretend like you don't know me? I'm Yixing-ah, Zhang Yixing! How can you forget someone as important as Me." lay said dramatically putting his hand on his heart to emphasize that he is indeed hurt. It's amusing, seeing this side of lay, where have he been hiding it?

Surprise number 2: Yixing is bipolar.

"Look, I think you've got the wrong person. I don't know any Zhang Yixing nor I have known in my entire life and my name is definitely not some Tetzuri, I'm Chinese not Japanese." Tao said passing by lay walking towards the locker room once again.

"Then you don't know Kevin also?" Lay inquired with a serious tone making Tao stop dead on his track. When Tao turned back, his face was mixed with emotions; irritation, confusion, shock but there was something else, there was sadness behind the mask he wore. I wonder who Kevin is.

"I don'...t kn...ow K...Kevin either.' There you go; he stuttered once again, I wonder why he does that on occasions. I can't make out why he stuttered but I can enlighten that he is in denial. I in some way have a feeling that whoever this Kevin is, Tao knows him.

Wait, people only stutter when they are nervous, self-conscious or shy, just a habit, when they are lying or stuttering can also be caused by an emotional trauma a person have been through. In Tao's case, he couldn't be nervous since he was clearly irritated by lay; he is certainly not shy or self-conscious especially with his blunt mouth, definitely not a habit because he doesn’t stutter all the time, so the only possibility is the last two. If he had been through an emotional trauma, he would stutter more frequently but he doesn’t stutter that much so the only explanation left is lying. He stutters because he lies but why would he lie? It's funny how I get to know these little things about him day by day, though it's only me figuring out so I can't really authenticate if my thoughts are accurate. Every time I get to know something about him, it just creates another question mark. Why is this kid so confusing?

~//~

The atmosphere was tensed as we were seated around the circled table in the cafeteria. What made lay sit with us today and on top of that, he dragged Suho with him. Not that I don't fancy them to sitting with us but I was just wondering what changed his mind. Habitually, lay and Suho would be at the other table with the members of photography club. Anyways, the tensed atmosphere was caused by lay and Tao who were staring at each other as if they can see the bones and organs of the other. And the rest of us, we were watching them intently wondering which one of them will break the eye contact first; it's like a staring contest going on.

Of course everything had to come to an end at last and so did their staring contest, Luhan's scream brought almost everyone of us out of our trance, except Baekhyun who was still staring at lay confused as if he is wondering how did an unfitted puzzle piece appeared in the box.

"OMG krissy. I got a B+ on my test! Can you believe it? A freaking B+!" Luhan flopped himself on my lap happily. "I'm so going to tell my parents, they are going to be really proud of me." He smiled staring at the grade with wide eyes once again to confirm if it's really his paper with B+.

Surprise number 3: Luhan got a B+.

"The Xi Luhan who barely passed got a B+? It’s rather hard to believe, you've made some improvement there Luhan." Sehun raffled his hair despite the fact that his face was still somewhere close to being expressionless but all of us knew that he is genuinely happy for Luhan.

"Thanks." Luhan blushed still seated on my lap. It might not be noticeable to others except us friends but Luhan had a soft spot for Sehun. it was decided when I invited them to have lunch with us and Luhan agreed almost immediately when he saw Sehun which he never would before testing if the person is worthy of his friendship.

"Fags" Shindong sputter heatedly wanting to get back at us for previously but knows he had no option in front of the teacher so here he is, away from teacher's eyes bullying us. I admit our position was misleading but Shindong really didn't have to say that but then again, what else I can expect from someone like Shindong. Luhan was about to retort but Tao beat him to it.

"I don't see you saying that when you were to your friend in the washroom during break." Tao's f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter