My rescuer? Zitao? No way in hell

My Wushu Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris’ P.O.V

Honestly, I don't know what's gotten into me for me to behave this outlandishly, not that I don't do that regularly but this is extreme. I'm not the victim but I can intellect that I'm scaring the poor boy with my actions which shouldn't be the case since I was the victim for the past few years who is getting picked on. Despite being an easily-getting-doubtful type of person, I wasn't the kind who'd put his nose in others business but for some strange reasons, that's exactly what I want to do right now which scares me.

I'm not supposed to be wanting to know about the new kid Zitao, I should be minding my own business but judging by my actions for the past 24 hours, I doubt I can keep it to myself.

I remembered how he glanced at me through the rearview mirror standing by the door with his arms folded into his chest. And truthfully, I sort of wanted him to look at me, to listen to me sing and to feel my passion I pour out with my voice. It's something out of my box because in general, I only allow Luhan and Yixing or lay for short to hear me sing. Well, Luhan because he is my best friend and for Yixing because I need him to play the piano for me.

The song I sang was soothing, kind of made me want to shed tears which I doubt I know the reason for, it seemed as if it wanted me to summon up something but nothing comes to my mind if I attempt to so I let it be. The phrase they used and which I don't know who created about trying hard to find something but not being able to and then it finally comes to you when you least anticipated it and when it’s the right time. Yes that phrase, I kind of let it take over and continued singing while sneaking a peek of Tao once in a while.

He looked so adorable when he covered baekhyun's eyes which I still wonder why he did to begin with but I smiled at the sight nonetheless. And I finally decided that baekhyun and Zitao are closer than they look, they seem like they have known each other their whole life because they had that placate with each other, the one where you tell someone everything without hesitation, that type which I still don't have with anyone, not even Luhan.

I wasn't expecting Zitao to stand outside the teachers room like a pole and using his phone despite knowing that the teachers could come out anytime was definitely not what I would say, a wise choice. But he is blessed because most teachers are free during this period so they spend it in common room with a cup of coffee.

He gave the impression of an elegant person with a calm composure when I was inquiring him about his whereabouts but the moment he stuttered, I kind of got skeptical. Now that is what I'm talking about, as I have mentioned before, I'm an easily-getting-suspicious type of person but I certainly know my limits, I don't put my nose when I'm aware that people don't want me near or there is something they don't want to enlighten me on the subject of it. However with Zitao, I don't care if he wants to inform me or not because I want to be acquainted with it regardless of anything, I'm curious.

And my inquisitiveness had reached the limit when I once again met him in the library. During our lunch break, I received the note from the librarian saying something about due date of the book I borrowed and some student wanting to borrow it. I was genuinely pleased when I learned that some student wanted to borrow a book about astronomy but my happiness didn't last long enough.

The student was Zitao but that wasn't something to be dejected about, the thing was he refused my help, the astronomy master's help but to double that, he wasn't precisely interested in astronomy, he was just looking for something but not considering of that, I still wanted to help.

This is what I was saying that scares me, I wanted to help Zitao, I wanted to in his business, I wanted to get to know him but the school's nerd Kris Wu is not someone who would want to rub his nose on something against their will.

Maybe it's not Kris Wu, maybe it's Yifan who wants to lend a hand. Just maybe, Yifan wants a companion who he can share things with. He wants a friendship that's sweetness is laughter, he wants a comfort. A comfort that Zitao has with baekhyun but friendship is not made with force; it's made out of love.

Shut up Yifan, you’re getting emotional.

I once again creep up behind Zitao like I did when he requested me for some translation and like last time, I picked up a scent. Zitao's scent, he smelled like peaches and strawberry mix. Oh , I sound so creepy, Hypothetically, I'm not supposed to sniff someone but seriously, his fragrance is addicting.

Back to our book, he was looking for the moon phase calendar but refused to tell me the year which I later discovered is 2011 or years after that because when I informed him the book was published in 2011, he sort found the book ineffective but actually, he didn't need the book in the first place, he could have searched for it on the internet.

I think I angered him when I voiced out my thoughts because he removed my arm heartlessly and left but I didn't mean it for him to be snubbed. I just wanted to get closer to him, get to the level where we could joke around and talk with comfort but apparently, Zitao hates my guts.

After that, the day ended without me talking to Zitao or becoming friends but it's not like I don't have friends. I have Luhan and the others and I still want to befriend Zitao, geez, I sound so desperate.

When I reached home, I retain information of how Wu Chun became friends with Zitao in his first attempt; it was the panda and the cake, wasn't it? Wait a minute, how did Wu Chun know that Zitao likes cake? Oh my, where is my beloved brother?

I tossed my bag on my bed and dashed towards my brother's room. "Geez, where are your manners Ge? Ever heard of knocking?" Wu Chun grumbled shutting his laptop as soon as I cross his threshold.

"Why? You were watching ?" I raised an eyebrow and of course he rolled his eyes, what else can he do. "What do you want?"

"How do you know Zitao likes cake?" I inquired getting straight to the point. Personally, I don't believe in beating around the bush.

"I like panda, he likes panda. I like cake, so? I thought if we have one thing in common then we might have something else in common too. Well, I thought it was worth taking a shot." He shrugged. Without words, I got up and closed the door behind me leaving him to do whatever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter