Project partner?

My Wushu Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

kris' P.O.V

"Anyways, back to the project, It is to test your team spirit, intellectual and organizing skills. Get yourself two in a group and you will have to select a topic on which you have to write about, make questionnaire, conduct interviews and analyze everything. End it by writing a short summary, conclusion and reflection. It is a whole year project so please remember to take your partner's contact number to make things easier. Am I clear?" there were some groans and pretest but we had no choice.

"Everyone get in a group of two." Oh crap!

This is not those cliché types of movie where the main lead got left out and a very kind-hearted student volunteers to work with him because first, my partner will always be the evil Luhan and second, no guy will volunteer to work with a freak. I'm not one; at least I don't think so. I mean just because I'm a stargazer and a nerd, it doesn't make me a freak, does it? Apart from being exceptionally good in studies, I was into astronomy, I was very good at it and if possible, even better than the rest of the guys at school.

I spot Luhan chatting with the new guy baekhyun happily, well at least on of the new kid is normal. When he left, luhan turn to me and I can only pray that he forgot about everything and we'd be able to do our project peacefully because I aint no planning on getting a fail in any of my work. "I hope you do know that I'm still keen on giving you a punishment and what's better than sending you in the lion's den?" I from time to time wished that he wasn't my friend so I could smack his head with a baseball bat.

"Well I could agree with you, but we'd both be wrong." Oh shut up kris, you're going to regret it.

Luhan turned to me and cocked his right eyebrow as if he is surprised but at the same time challenging me. It's not like I never talked backed to him, infect it is actually how we communicated most of the time but not when he is this annoyed. I watched how people unintentionally steps on the tail when the lion is sleeping, which I meant Luhan and play against his rage; I was familiar with his press-the-limit button so I generally kept quiet and observe how he castigate them. But not this time, I can't just watch because it me, it's my turn to put up with him.

"If you're going to be a smartass, first you have to be smart. Otherwise you're just an ." He replied angrily. Calm down kris, don't talk back.

"In case you forgot, I'm both smart and an so that indeed makes me a smartass." Before I realize, I heard my mouth opening at its own accord and talking back. The next second, I heard Miss.sulli calling our names and I become aware of Luhan's hand rising in the air. "Yes Luhan, is there any question?" the teacher asked but I dread in the thought of what he will do.

"Well, actually Kris and I were wondering if we could exchange partners with someone because we'd focus less on our project if we are grouped together. It's hard to focus if you are with your friend because you'd easily get carried away." I knew it was a bad idea talking back to her. If I wasn't trying to be a smartass, I wouldn't have to repent it now. "Well of course Luhan. Is there anyone who would be kind enough to voluntarily exchange partners with Kris?" If anyone dare raise their hand, I'd glare so hard that it would change their mind. But I didn't realize there was someone behind raising their hand. 

"Oh that's so sweet of you Baekhuyn. Kris, would you please change seat with Baekhyun?" Luhan knew, he is always aware of everything. He knew baekhyun wanted to make new friends so he will try his best.

I turned around to take a peek at his partner but he was sleeping with his face facing towards his lap covered by his arms leaving his dark locks to be seen. "Kris?" I discerned everyone staring at me and baekhyun was standing beside me waiting for me to disappear. I gathered my belongings and sat down where baekhyun was sitting previously. I gaze around and noticed everyone started to work on their projects with their own partners and then there is me, whose partners is sleeping soundlessly. 

"Excuse me?" I poked his arm hoping that he'd wake up which clearly didn't happened. I set there for 10 minutes glimpsing around wondering who is missing so I'd know my partner but I couldn't because no one was in fact sitting on their actual seats. I tried getting a hold of his paper which was quite hard because he protected it with his arms lying on top with his head shoved inside as if it's a piece of jewel I'm stealing.

Come on, for the sake of Jupiter, I'm not going to steal your paper; I just wanna know your name. I groaned mentally. Grabbing it firmly, I pulled the paper with all my strength and ta-da! Wow just my luck, my partner hasn't even wrote his name and decided to sleep. From the corner of my eye, I glimpse Miss.sulli marking our previous assignment and other students discussing with their partners on which topic to settle on.

I took the pencil and jot down every topic that came into my mind and is worth discussing. After I finally made a rough draft on 4 topics, I set down silently waiting for the lesson to end but did I notify you god was not in my favor today? Soon enough, I got bored to death so I just copied every single word of my draft on my partner's paper.

Wait, how will I know who's my partner and most importantly, how will he know I'm his partner if this sleeping beauty doesn't wakie? I bet he doesn't even know we have a project. Urg god, why did I have to be paired up with a lazy ? Who the hell is he? 

I took a memo and hurriedly scribble down my contact number and finally came the moment I was waiting for, the bell rang and the minute felt like one of those where you prayed in a church and your wish came true right on spot. I ran out of the classroom without any delay, speeding up towards my locker to get my books for my next period.

Honestly, I wasn't sure whether I was running for my next period or trying to escape from Luhan but either didn't matter because coming forward was a stingy little

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter