First time? Really? I doubt it.

My Wushu Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris' P.O.V

“Go Zitao. Come on!” I could listen to Baekhyun and Luhan cheering in the swarm while on the other hand kai and Sehun set inaudibly on the bench waiting for the results. It was rather evident who was wining because of the leading points which made me doubt if I’m really good at basketball.

“Kris! Once I take over the world, remind me to publicly snub you.” I turned around speculating what made kai say that when I apprehend that the time I used up thinking of the tricks, Tao scored his very last goal. I wasn’t offended that I was defeated; I was disappointed at myself but the disappointment didn’t last for long because something else occupied my concentration. The way Tao moved vividly and swiftly was tattooed in my mind, it’s resembling a trained player and it felt as if I can never beat him even if I strive for my best which shouldn’t be possible seeing as I have been playing basketball ever since I was a kid and I’m familiar with almost every trick of playing basketball but why couldn't I foresee Tao’s next movement?

Before I could continue my chain of thought, Tao passed by me and can’t do anything but ask. “Where did you learn to play basketball?” As predicted, he stared at me for a while and shrugged. If I can predict this, why can’t I predict his actions in the field? Why didn’t I know his trick?

 

“It's my first time playing basketball.” He whispered or more like mumbled and ran off to baekhyun.

 

He was lying, wasn’t he? It wasn’t his first time, it couldn’t be! How can someone play at such elevated level at their first time, It’s implausible because the moment I held the ball in my hand, he swiped it away with ease.

 

“Believe it or not, he just striped you in the field, it’s my turn! I can just wish he wouldn’t be acquainted with fencing.” Chanyeol hover over me with his hands resting on his waist firmly when I was lashing my shoelace.

 

“He said he it’s his first time.” I informed.  “Yesh! That means I have winning possibility.” Chanyeol punch his fist in the thin air and scuttled off to the fencing hall.

 

I meant basketball.

 

~//~

“Chanyeol, use the technique I taught you in our previous match.” I groaned, “It’s concerning the matter of our damn fencing team reputation, you can do much better!” Most of the fencing team members joined us and rooted for them.

“Honestly, I can’t figure out who has the upper hand; all I pick up on is Zitao somehow knows how to fence.” Luhan mumbled folding his arms watching them intently, keeping his eyes open for observation “It’s more than knowing how to.” I shifted near him keeping my hands in my pocket.

“What do you mean?” he looked at me bewildered as if I was speaking an alien language.

“He’s using the offensive and quickly defensive technique, it’s a commonly used technique but it takes a lot of practice. Judging by Zitao’s level, he’s been doing fencing for some years while chanyeol took part in the fencing team last year, I doubt he can beat Zitao.” I explained. Frankly, if Zitao says it’s his first time fencing, I would smack his head for being fraudulent.

“What? No! chanyoel!” I groaned and throw my hands in the air as I make out how the contest was taking off.

“What’s happening?” Kai chirped circling his arms around mine and Luhan’s shoulders.

“I doubt you’d like when you heard It.” I assumed but he stared at me expectantly waiting for me to continue. “Zitao is just being a sly fox and using the feint technique, it’s an attack with the purpose of provoking a reaction from the opposing fencer,” I put it in plain words for them to understand.

“Okay than, is chanyeol reacting?” Luhan sat down on the bench and hauled us with him.

“Chanyeol is indeed giving a reaction.” I hummed in response. “He doesn’t realize but the game is going exactly the way Zitao wants.” It was meaningless to be expecting for chanyeol to beat Tao.

“Why doesn’t that sound good?” Sehun tilted his head slightly watched with uncertainty.  

“That’s because Zitao is beating Chanyeol’s on the field in a professional way. If you take a close look, you can see chanyeol dancing on Zitao’s palm.” I made a square frame with my hands taking a close up look at both boys.

“Which means?” kai inquired even though he knows what it means,

“Which fundamentally means Zitao can predict every next move chanyeol is going to make and that also includes you both brats loosing the bet.” And soon enough, the result unfold in front of us. I just wish Kai and Sehun learnt their lesson on not judging someone by their appearance.

“You said it was his first time.” Chanyeol sprint towards me as soon as he got rid of the protective utensils,

“I never said it was his first time in fencing, I meant basketball.” I declared “I take responsibility of what I said not what you understood.”

“Don’t you think it was impressive what he did out there, baekhyun? How long have you been doing fencing, Zitao?” I take notice of Luhan squealing like a girl, he seemed excited to be wining the bet.

“Two years.” Zitao responded.

“I think you could have done a whole lot better Taozi, two years are lengthy enough for you to become skilled at fencing. You make me doubt whether I’m a fine teacher.”  Baekhyun voiced in mandarin fluently. With his perfect Korean, I almost forgot he is also a transfer student from mainland china like Zitao.

“You must be disappointed, I’m really sorry.”  Zitao replied courteously like an excellent trainee, he seemed rather guilty to let down baekhyun’s expectation.

 Luhan and I just observed how the scene discloses leaving the remaining three boys standing behind us utterly confused. It’s just hard to believe baekhyun is the one who trained Zitao in fencing, but then again, who am I to judge?

~//~

“I feel that the freshman Zitao is sort of strange and creepy.” Kai touted while placing his mug on the table.

I invited my friends over seeing as my mom is on a 10 days trip but judging by the mass, I realize it wasn’t the greatest idea I came up with.  We were currently scattered on the sofa drinking coke with 2 box of pizzas spread on the table and a movie being displayed on the television. Watching kung fu panda is not the superlative choice, I’m aware but Luhan insisted. It started when I pointed my finger at the screen declaring that Zitao kind of resembles a panda because of his eye bags.

“I think he’s okay, just a tad bit straightforward is all.” Luhan mumble before taking a sip of his drink.

“I think it’s baekhyun who is peculiar.” I said thinking back to how he gazed at Zitao when he was disappointed, like a father who just found out his son not only botched a test but was ranked last.

“Now why would you say such a thing about an innocent boy?” Chanyeol took a bite off his pizza slice and turned to me.

“Didn’t you saw how he looked at Zitao? Like a dissatisfied father.” Okay maybe I’m exaggerating but he really seems odd. 

“That’s because he was one who taught Zitao fencing.” On our way back home, we explained to chanyeol and the twins what was happening between Zitao and baekhyun because they kept bugging us.

“Well, I was the one who taught you fencing; did I ever look at you like that?” I waited for chanyeol to respond but he just sat there munching on his pizza with a face saying “isn’t it obvious?”

“What? No way. Dude you got to be kidding me.” I placed my plate on the table and faced them but none of them said anything except for giving me a blank look.

“The time when chanyeol just joined the fencing team and you splurged like your entire week coaching him but there was no outcome.” Luhan raised his eyebrow, staring at my face making an effort to trace any hint that I retain my memory.

“Yup, that time.” Sehun said when I made a recognition face despite the fact that he wasn’t even my buddy in that point of time because he and kai were both transfer students from the boys collage across the street.

“No I did not!” I denied although I know I must have done it at some point because truthfully, training chanyeol whatever thing associated to sports would be the toughest battle for anyone.

“I can tell you are lying, your lips are moving.” I heard my brother grumble when he was closing the door, I presume he returned from his tutorial.

“Well everyone’s lips move when they talk.” I pointed out the obvious.

“Didn’t you know you were exceptional? You were born a liar.” He positioned his bag on the ground taking a seat besi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter