New student?

My Wushu Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris’ P.O.V

Grouchily sitting on the red hue settee, I crossed my legs and placed them on the table in front of me. I’m positive I must have looked like a grumpy spoiled brat who is fussing over his Christmas gift being forgotten but I couldn’t care less. I was extremely pissed at that wrongdoer chanyeol; trust me when I say this, he is as annoying as the sand in the crouch of a swimsuit and you can’t help but wish to get rid of it as soon as possible.

One of the reasons why I hate him to the core is because he receives excellent grades and one way or another; he persistently manages to top in the whole school leaving the second position to me. Can you imagine the embarrassment I have to face every single time our results are out?

Today was one of those occasions where I had to make a run out of school before my friend notice me. I never thought a day would arrive where I would have to hide from my very own friend but I had to admit the fact that I lose the bet and that’s what I was fussing about. I apparently thought that was convinced that I could exceed the oh-so-famous prince charming by topping in class because I literally memorized my whole book the night before.  I’m sure that Mr.Kim hated me so he decided to deduct one mark for a spelling mistake. Yes you heard it right, a freaking spelling mistake made me lose my bet!

“Yifan, don’t you think it’s fairly silly for you to fuss over such a trivial matter?” I heard my mom muttering beside me. “Getting ninety-five is not bad in fact you must have topped in your class so why don’t you go and take some rest?” oh she doesn’t know how wrong she is. If I were the one to top in class, I would have thrown a pizza party with my friends. I hesitantly got up until I heard her mumble, “And stop cursing your teacher.” Who wouldn’t want to curse that bald old goofball with a fat belly as if he is the one who is pregnant instead of his wife? “Language, Wu Yifan!” my mother retorted. Did I just say it out loud? Oh, just got serious. The only time she calls me by my full name is when she is angry otherwise it’s always Yifan or Kris if she is in a really good mood. I quickly replied with an okay and sprint to my room before she could utter another word.

I gazed outside the window trying to fathom the stars into constellations but something else caught my eye. Was that an iridium flare?

Iridium flare or in other words satellite flare is caused by the reflective surfaces of satellites reflecting sunlight directly into Earth below and appearing as a brief, bright flare. To put it simply, it's similar to a fallen star so most people confuses it with the fallen star and wish upon it. However a fallen star is a star but iridium flare is the reflective sunlight and you can predict when it can happen as it can be controlled.

I hurried to where my telescope was placed and attempted to take a peek but what i saw was certainly not what I was expecting. It wasn’t an iridium flare but a human. A living human practicing sword fights on the rooftop of one of the tallest building. The silver sword's reflection pierces through the moon causing me to misunderstand it as an iridium flare.

The moment I tucked myself in bed, a question flew right through my mind; who the hell would practice sword fighting in the middle of the night? Actually, the right question is where the hell did that person got the sword from, a dangerous tool which supposedly could cause someone’s death. Should I call the police? Am I supposed to panic?

You saw nothing, okay Kris? You have no clue if anything happens! Right, time to go to bed.

The very next day, I stood in front of my school gazing at the colossal gates and letters written in gold, The Royal Academy. I am neither poor nor too rich; just like any other normal teenage boys of my age. So I was always questioned by everyone regarding how I entered The Royal Academy when only blue blood can afford it. But just like all the intelligent nerds in the world, I also had the chance to step into such a prestigious school because of the scholarship.

Back to reality, I was hesitant because I was afraid of coming across my friend and my nightmare came true when I felt a hand around my shoulder. “And until when do you think you can hide from me?” I heard his evil voice chirped in my ear and I shuddered at the thought of receiving punishment from him. No one and I repeat; no one would want to lose in a bet with Luhan because once his evil mind gets activated, your nightmares will seem less horrible. Xi Luhan is like an angel as long as you’re not on his enemy list. He can turn from an angel to a demon in two point five seconds and you won’t even realized which word you said has offend him but knows your death is lying around somewhere near. Basically, he is a devil in disguise of an angel.

“H...Hey Lu…han.” I stuttered. “Did your mother on the air conditioner when you decided to talk, coz baby I can hear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter