Getting closer? i dont like the sound of it

My Wushu Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tao's P.O.V

When I was about to return to the class, I attend to someone calling me. It was Kris; I can tell it's him without having to momentary glance at him. I can make out his deep voice almost anywhere.

 "What are you doing here?" he inquired and stole a look behind me to which I’m sure it’s about the teacher’s room.

"I could ask you the same thing." I replied hoping that he'd let it go.

"I was going to the restroom. Are you looking for a teacher?" I was clueless, all I know is I had to create an explanation hurriedly before he gets doubtful and what’s better than just being in agreement.

"Yes, I was lo...looking f...for a teacher." I stuttered for which I despised myself. It’s a habit of mine which constantly gives me away whenever I'm being dishonest but thankfully Kris isn't alert of that.

"Teachers are usually in the common room around this period. Was it so important that you had to bunk your class for it?" he raised his eyebrow and plunked his hand in his pockets. I had no idea school uniform could as well make someone appear this attractive or maybe it’s just him.

"Ya, it was. I wanted to tran...translate som…something.” I seriously got to bring an end to stuttering and practice on being a professional liar. “Wait, can you read Korean?" I asked realizing that Kris has been in Korea longer than me so his Korean must be fairly good. I lingered around for him to answer but he gave me the obvious look. If I could put a description on it, it would be 'Zitao, you might be an idiot but try not to be stupid.'

"Oh, I was hoping you could translate something for me." I perhaps wasn't leaving him much choice. What if he wouldn’t like to help me? "That is if you are not busy." I added trying to be a little courteous and to make up for the occasions I humiliated myself.

"Sure, show me." He shrugged and mumbled. I turned around to type the password to unlock my phone. Trust me, it would be real bad, like the end-of-the-world type of bad if my password got leaked out or if I misplaced my phone. Okay, maybe I’m exaggerating it.

"Can you zoom in a little bit?" Kris whispered standing behind me tilting his head. He is too close and I can’t help it; my grip on my phone had tightened, making my knuckles turn white.

"Yup, that's enough." I felt his breath on my neck and a spark rushed through my body like I just had an electrical shock. When he held my hand, I become conscious of what I was doing; I didn't stop zooming in the picture, seems like I have more to add on my list of embarrassing moments. He concentrated on reading the Koran wordings without realizing the affect he was having on me and my hand in his grasp undoubtedly wasn't helping at all. All of a sudden, I heard him hum and he moved back letting go of my hand. I took a deep breath which I didn't even know I was holding in.

I really need self control and Wushu is not enough for that.

"So...?"

"I hope you are taking care of my son. -Lee Wangxi" he translated in mandarin allowing me to have a clearer understanding.

"Who's Lee Wangxi?" Kris inquired and I went silent for a minute contemplating how I’m supposed to answer the question to which I don’t know the answer of. “Sorry, you don't have to answer that" He alleged possibly assuming that I wasn't going to speak anytime soon.

"My mother." I didn't say that, no I didn't! !

"But I thought you are a huang." He muttered suspecting and with the look he gave me, I speculated that he is wondering whether if I truly had ever spoken a single truth.

You are a smartass Zitao, think of something!

"It’s my...ummm... adoptive mother. She just wan...wanted to test me if I... had improved my Korean." He nodded disbelievingly probably not buying my lie but decided to let it be.

“I’ll get back to the class.” I said and sprint to the class before he could ask me anything else.

~//~

"Dad called, he was saying something about going on trip." Baekhyun shifted to our native language which is somewhat a routine every time we have something personal to discuss about.

We were seated in the cafeteria with the rest of the guys and as it has been happening for the past three days which I observed, kai and Sehun were squabbling over foodstuff as usual while Luhan attempted to end it by taking a seat in and sandwiched himself between them. Yoda slash Chanyeol who still have yet to wipe of that sixty-four inch smile off his face was talking to Kris about the stars.

"He did?" I inquired to which he nodded. "Oh yeah hyung, did you ask father about the confirmation of address?" 

"Right before he hung up on me, he said and I quote, 'do you have any doubts? if I say it's that one, it's that one.' and I felt like banging my head on the wall." Baekhyun pulled out his father’s accent and endeavored to imitate him and apparently being father's son, he had advantage on that since he can pull it off professionally without shilly-shallying.

"Oh so your mother is Chinese and your father is Korean?" Kris who I wasn't conscious was eavesdropping on our conversation asked. At least this transformation of topic got kai and Sehun to shut their mouth and everyone sat inaudibly being immersed in the conversation.

Wait, what if he thinks baekhyun and I are brothers because I just called baekhyun's dad father therefore my adoptive mother should be baekhyun's mother.

"My mother? Chinese?" Kris nodded enthusiastically as if he just figured out an additional piece of puzzle. "Isn't your mother Lee Wangxi?" he asked, bewildered.

"Yes, she is." I replied and held baekhyun's hand underneath the table hoping that he'd catch on and play along.

"That's weird, didn't she change her surname after marrying your father?" he raised, puzzled and I'm at a complete loss, I'm running out of justifications.

"Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter