Pleasant or unpleasant surprise?

My Wushu Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tao's P.O.V

No I didn't, did I? Did I really indirectly requested my mother to be oh-so-sweet and extend our stay by enlightening her with the entire happening knowing that the so called love stories without a hint of doubt are her weaknesses? That's like taking advantage of her sweet nature. Well, It's Mom who twisted my words and implied that I needed time, she proposed the idea of extending it, just because I didn't refused or denied, doesn't mean I requested mom. Technically, I'm pointing a finger at mom, guess I'm a spoiled kid after all.

If I am providing relaxation to my body and mind by laying on the couch with my eyes shut, it doesn't necessarily means I actually want to rest, I'll most probably be wondering about the oceans of problems swindling around in my life and considering the solutions to tackle them. On such occasions, I do not want disturbance in any sort of ways and by any, I literally mean any, even if it's a life and death situation but the door bell went off and I sat still on the couch like a statute, struck in a dilemma whether or not to open the door because if it indeed is Baekhyun then he contain house keys and if it's not, I stood up for no reason because I don't let strangers in, not only strangers but also friends which I apparently don't have at the moment. Kris is an exception.

The bell went off for god knows how long as I was lost in the train of my thoughts still deciding on opening the door or not, it's like choosing between a rock and hard place becuase either way, it won't benefit me but the sound of the bell echoing in the entire apartment was unpleasantly annoying, it almost made me want to smack my head with the table which of course I won't because I'm not mad?

"Tao, open the damn door!" I perceived Baekhyun yelling, and yes, he was smacking the door as they illustrate in those movies but before I could, he stepped inside impatiently as if he is eager to get in, as if someone is after him or for the lack of better comparison,he entered the apartment as eager as a bird wanting to catch the worm. I'm certainly not implying that Baekhyun is a bird or I am a worm because first things first, I hate worms, don't ask why.

Well, If he did had keys, why did he have to knock to begin with? I mean what's wrong with people nowadays, they are getting strangely weirder. Even the things they do are alian to me, like Gangnam style and Harlam shake in which they perform some odd actions. Why did I suddenly shift to songs? Oh yeah, weird stuffs. The most odd one was hangover. I mean if people like that can become singers, then I can be the president of United states living in the white house.

"Are you even ing listening?" As Baekhyun dropped the keys on the table, I came out of my trance and stared at him with a blank face or more precisely, imitating Sehun's expression which is actually expressionless so there is nothing much to imitate except being aware that your eyes are glaring at the other party just to show that you don't give a flying banana about anything. Oh and I hate bananas too, don't ask why.

"Where the were you? I have been smacking my hand on the door so hard that it would have come off by now. Why didn't you open the door, you are not even expecting! I needed to pee so badly and your here waiting for me to pee my pants-" Instead of talking, Baekhyun was more like spitting words on my face with a hand placed on his private area to refrain from peeing his pants. If he was not going to explode, I would have laughed my off in front of him.

"Stop exaggerating, your hand didn't even come off otherwise it wouldn't be placed where it is right now and I can't give birth for the matter of fact that I'm a boy, just in case you forgot. And lastly, if it was your life's dream to pee so badly, why are you here instead of the washroom." As soon as I pointed towards the washroom, Baekhyun Sprint off smacking the door behind him.

I continued riding my train of though until Baekhyun decided to come out after 10 minutes, I mean what was he doing there for like the entire 10 minutes other than what I think he was doing which was what everyone does in the washroom. Nevermind, let's leave it at that, I'm sure no one would want to think about .

"Tao! Where are you so lost nowadays? It's almost as if we never talk."

"Almost as if being the keyword." I replied sparing a thought." And besides, We do talk, I mean let's talk. What do you think about this Lee guy which Kyungsoo told us about? Is he the one we are looking for? Do we have to leave since he is dead?" I boombered him with chain of questions that I raised waiting for his respond with ample eyes.

"One question at a time Tao. Well, I personally think this Lee guy is the defination of mysteriousness. To answer your second question, no, Lee yeolsung is not the one we are searching for and not to forget, yes we have to leave eventually whether it's today or tomorrow." Not that his face is not a bright site but the smile he concurrently is displaying is more or less frustrating. How can he smile after knowing that we are leaving?

"So to conclude, we are leaving without a single clue of who this Lee guy is?" One last time, I inquired to reaffirm that we are leaving without knowing about anything special.

"That's pretty much it." Stop nodding your head or I will chop it off. I wanted to stay, no idea why but as cliche as it sounds, I would like to follow my heart for once. Yes it sounds selfish but can't I be for once? For just a moment, I want to live as who I am, not as the Tao people want me to be. 

There is no better golden opportunity than now, I guess I should enlighten Baekhyun with the entire happenings in order for him to feel and understand my urge. As I made the decision and decided to execute it, I perceived a tone ringing in my ear.

Who the hell in this entire universe invented this technology? I'd smash that bastared so hard after I breath my last breathe to let him know his technology has caused face to face communication barriers and became a third wheel every single time there is a significant meeting. 

"Aren't you going to take it?" I pointed out as this ty mobile phone kept ringing but Baekhyun decided to bore holes into it with his stare.

"Huh? Oh yeah. Can you go buy some bread for breakfast while I take this phone?" Wheep, I just got kicked out of my own house. "Sure."

As I swayed with the wind in the empty and darkness filled night, I came to realize that in life, a lot of things happens, sometimes there is a reason and sometimes the reason is that you are just too thick-headed to understand the reason. Occasionally what you see and hear isn't exactly the truth, you have to see beyond the view, comprehend the meaning behind it but then again, aren't you thick-headed to do so? Such is life where you have no clue where you will end up.

We obtain a lot of things in life and considering us human beings, we value those which doesn't have a value to begin with, we believe in those which doesn't have a belief but oftentimes fail to appreciate those little happiness we receive from our significant others, our friends, lovers and family. Such is life where you obtain everything yet nothing.

Every individual is given an opportunity to live this life once, it depends on how we utilize it. We live once, we die once, we get married once and love, we love once. We fall in love numerous times, but the name to which our heart is entitled upon is our true love, we love once.

As strange as it sounds, my mind instantly snaps a picture of Kris when I hear love, but is Kris really the one? Could he possibly be just a mare crush, an admiration or a way to erase my loneliness? I have no idea and these unfamiliar sensations are driving me crazy because this feeling is so unknown to me. All I aprehand is that I yarn to take a glance of him, every morning I'm impatient to see Kris in school, his absence makes my heart grow fonder, his knowledge of wisdom teaches me something new and that smile, oh that beautiful smile is all he need to exhibit to make someone fall deeply, madly, irrevocably in love with him.

No matter how many attempts I make, my eyes searches for him in the crowd anyways, my mind shift back to his thoughts, my hand reaches out for him and my heart escapes to him. No matter how much I try, there is a knot that binds us together, the knot that keeps pulling us in proximity. And I love it, every single moment of it. It sounds crazy, insane but I love it.

But did I told you, we don't always get what we want in life? If we get served on plates, there would be no hard work and achievement. If we get what we have always wanted, there would be no desires, wishes and dreams. Such is life where you dream but doesn't obtain and obtain when you stop dreaming. Similarly, I have to put a full stop on my dreams too because those dreams which can not be fulfilled, why bother dreaming them?

Sooner or later, I will be leaving, bidding farewell to Kris, leaving everything behind and taking only these memorable memories with myself. And as time passes by, we'd forget each other because love makes time pass and as equally, time makes love pass, the unforgettable moments we created together would be long forgotten like a winter snow on a summer lawn, time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter