Wish? Family Background?

My Wushu Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris' P.O. V

I quickly pocketed my phone heading forward as soon as I glimpse the convenience store and my intention was to quickly grab two cups of instant noodles and return home at my earliest convenience but as my eyes landed on a familiar figure standing outside the convenience store gazing at sky waiting for the rain to stop, my eye sockets literally popped out. Tao was tapping his feet impatiently and I knew instantly that he hadn't grabbed an umbrella from his home and is now lingering under the shelter for the rain to end. But how coincidental is that, out of all people and places, I met Tao here. I walked up to him sheltering him with my umbrella. Seeing red so suddenly, he turned to me confused but soon, his eyes widen upon seeing me.

"Hi!" I waved a hand. "Forgot your umbrella?" I asked attempting to lighten up the tense and awkward atmosphere we created among us before.

"Yea" he said, turning to face the rain and keeping his reply short and I knew once again, the awkwardness is coming back to life but it made me realize one thing, that Tao indeed is mentally weak around me. He can't face me, argue with me or even hold a eye-contacted conversation longer than a few minutes.

"Hmm-okay!" I nodded as I stared at the ground when an idea popped up. "Let me just grab two cup of instant noodles and I can drop you home." I alleged as I closed my umbrella and placed it inside the convenience-store-umbrella-holder, if that's what they call it.

"No, it's okay." Tao immediately refused in a high chirpped voice. What else can I expect, he had to refuse because apparently it doesn't rain on Tao?

"Well," I pocket my hands and shrugged. "Either you let me drop you and we both won't be drained in rain or you could as well take my umbrella and leave me here so I could catch a cold." I said attempting to make him feel guilty so he'd let me drop him, I felt like an evil person taking advantage of the realization that I'm becoming more confident around Tao but lets be honest, who would let this golden opportunity abscond if they see their classmate or 'crush' in need of help?

"No really Kris, you don't have to do that. I can just sprint home in a speed of seconds." He said covering his head with his hoodie making it more evident about what he's planning to do and I instantly felt my hand moving without my notice grabbing his forearm pulling him back which  caused his back to hit against my chest and I don't feel apologetic for it? 

"If you are going to consistently refuse me, how am I going to enlighten you with what's going on in my mind? How can I tell you each and every thought of mine?" I sneaked my left arm around his waist. "If you leave, how will you know about the hurrican you brought into my life." I wishpered in his ear sneaking my right arm around his waist making his back glued to my chest.

"Kris, what...are you...doing? Let go of me." He stuttered, and begin struggling. 

"I can't let you go, not this time." I wishpered but it went in vein as Tao kept struggling. "Don't move or I will kiss you senseless in public and I won't apologize for it." I threatened with my most serious tone as I back-hugged Tao. I nestled my face in his neck inhaling his scent once again. A mix of strawberry and peaches are as addicting as ever.

"Tao" I pressed a kiss on his nape. "What is love?" Not really comprehending why I suddenly asked this question as I did the same thing with Luhan, we could just say, it's a natural instinct.

"Huh?" Tao titled his face confused. "I thought it was obvious. Love is a feeling, an emotion that we humans experience."

"No, what is love for you, what meaning does it have in your life?" I said rephrasing my words a bit for him to have a brief and clearer  understanding but it seems like my question got to him because he didn't utter a single word for another minute and we stood their under the shelter with me back-hugging Tao while his hands placed on top of mine. "Tao, you can answer me."

"Love." He paused and wondered. His eyebrows furrowed and his lips pouting outwards making him resemble a kid in dilemma. "Love to me is like a war, easy to begin but hard to end." He shrugged. "You know, sometimes I wonder if love really is worth fighting for as they say but then I look at my loved ones" he said tilting his heads sideways having an eye-contact with me. "And I relaize I'm ready to fight that war."

"Who is it? The person who makes you want to fight the war for them." I tightened my hold placing my chin on his shoulder. 

"Definitely my mom and Baekhyun. I could fight any war for them because they mean the world to me." He replied relaxing up in my hold. "What about you? What's love in your opinion?" He inquired tilting his head to the side to have a an eye contact.

"Love is like net." I mumbled.

"A net? That's a weird comparison and it make no sense but continue." He said with furrowed eyebrows and intertwining our fingers thought I'm quite sure he doesn't realize what he is doing.

"Love like a net that knits us and our loved ones together. It's like a string that binds us closer." I enlightened with further explanation.

"Like how?" He asked still not comprehending.

"Like now." I replied, short and simple. I know things like these gets to him and make him shut up for whatever reason but well, I do have to tell him at some point. "You're leaving tomorrow?" I questioned changing the topic but still not letting go of him despite of his pats on my hand motioning me to get rid of my arms from his waist.

"Most probably." He nodded.

"Do you wanna go for a walk?" I proposed the idea because I thought if I'm walking anyways, why not walk with Tao and drop him in the process? Besides, it does sounds romantic, walking in the dark.

"It's raining kris and besides, I don't have an umbrella." He signed as if he either disliked the sight of rain or is too burried under stress.

"I do and we can always share." I finally set him free. I mean I unwrapped my arms and turned to grab my umbrella from 'the umbrella holder' not sure if it's still called this.

I opened the umbrella and walked forward expecting Tao to follow me but he didn't. When I turned back Tao was standing on the exact position staring at me. "Not coming?" I  inquired holding the umbrealla up waiting for him.

"Weren't you here to buy instant noodles?" He pointed towards his back to the convenience store.

"Oh my! Thanks for reminding. Wu chun would have killed me for making him starve." I closed my umbrella and entered the store with Tao trailing behind me.

I grabbed whatever I needed and stood in front of the counter while Tao was looking chocolate section. With his figure and all, I wouldn't have figured that he would eat sweets or let alone scrutinize that section. "Ahem, sir?" The woman behind the counter said which caused Tao to look up towards me amd I realized I was staring at Tao, or more precisely, his figure.

"Oh sorry, here." I placed my snack on the counter and she smiled and patting her eyelashes. Her smile was too sweet to digest. Her job was to nod and smile politely but this, I didn't think so.

"That would be 150 won, sir." She again smiled and said with her sweet voice though I'm not sure that's how she sound or she is acting cute? All of a sudden, I felt someone grabbing my hand and when I turned to my left, it was Tao. He intertwined our fingers placing the a bar of chocolate on the counter. "Count this in too." The lady behind the counter looked at Tao, at our intertwined hands and then at me expectantly. 

I felt like bursting into laughter because it suddenly occurred to me that Tao is jealous, like he is freaking jealous because a girl smiled at me or more, tried to flirt wid me. Jealousy is a sign of possessiveness. A sign that you're afraid that someone might steal your speacial someone. I wonder if that's what Tao is feeling? Am I someone special to him?

"You don't mind paying for me right?" Tao smiled to me and that would be most proper whole smile he had ever given me and I must, he looks so dman adorable. Well, how can I ever say no to this charming little devil.

"Sure. Please count that in." I pointed towards the chocolate when I all of a sudden felt a spark. I felt something on my cheek, it was too quick but I catched on. Tao kissed me, not passionate like how we did before but he kissed my cheek. That would be the most cutest thing ever. "Thanks." He wishpered and turned to the lady grabbing the plastic bag from her before I could reach.

"Please come again." She said and bowed as she had to but I heard Tao muttering something as faint as a whisper in mandarin. "I hope I wouldn't have to."

As soon as we left the store, Tao handed me the plastic bag grabbing my umbrella with a frown. "Were you jealous?" I asked finding Tao's pissed face a bit hilarious yet at the same time, cute.

"Jealous? Wh-what je-jealous. I'm not je...jealous. why... Would I be?" He stuttered and I so wanted to pinch his cheeks. Oh why do you have to be so impossibly cute Tao?

"Are you sure?" I asked as I let out a laugh.

"Dont" he warned. I was aware of this threat, he is warning me not to laugh but it's uncontrollable.

"Okay." I said trying to control my laughter but it seemed so impossible. "Sorry." I muttered as I placed a hand on my stomach.

"Where are you going? Weren't we going for a walk?" I inquired as Tao started to storm off the opposite way, leaving the umbrella in my hand.

"Go on a walk with her!" All I can say is he is mad, he definitely is!

"but Tao, I didn't even do anything" I trailed behind and pulled him back causing him to face me. I placed my hands on his cheeks. "Sorry?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter