Outburst

Dreamcatcher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Rei Haru had the same nightmare over and over. Now it's getting worse. The memories of the killing in Germany came back together with Jong Hyun in an accident. Often times, after she woke up from a nightmare and doze off again, another nightmare appears. It is tiring her. She often skips going to her office and her works starts piling up.

Jong Hyun started filming another drama and comes home rarely. Sometimes Hongki comes and checks on her. It's the last quarter and everybody were busy. She's always alone in her house. She's used to it but with the nightmares getting worse, she wanted other people to be in the house.

"oppa, are you busy?" Rei called Hongki at midnight.

"Are you okay?" Hongki was worried. Rei Haru doesn't call him in the middle of the night for nothing. "is Jong Hyun not home?"

"I think he's busy filming, "

"I'll come over as soon as I'm done here." Hongki said in comforting tone.

"You don't have to. I'll call you in the morning"

Rei Haru heard Jong Hyun came in. She checked the time. It is 2 am. She closed her eyes and sleep took over right away.

She tried to scream but was muffle. She kicked her feet but it seems it was paralyzed. She struggled and finally woke up. She was drenched in sweats and her hands were shaking. She threw in a robe and walked down to the kitchen quietly. She almost missed a step when she saw a faint light from the kitchen and she saw Jong Hyun half . He's only wearing a short.

Jong Hyun noticed her. "you're still awake?"

She didn't answer and walked towards the couch and turn on the TV.

Jong Hyun walk confidently towards the living room not minding his half ness. He sat at the end of the couch where Rei was sitting. "What did your doctor told you about the nightmares?

Much that Rei doesn't want to talk about it. Jong Hyun  inquisitive voice failed her. Tears started to rolled down her cheeks. 

Jong Hyun moved nearer to Rei.

"Rei-ah, "

"I'm so tired. I am going insane!" she cried softly. With out hesitation she laid her head to Jong Hyun's lap. She did not care what he would think about it.

Jong Hyun put his arm around her shoulder and gently rubbed her back.

The soft cry became louder.  Sobbed. Wailed. Bawled.

Jong Hyun was out of his wits how to comfort or what to say to her.

"I can't take this anymore," she bawled.

"Shh... You're ok. You'll be ok. Your Hongki oppa's here. You're brother is here. Were here."

"You don't understand it. It's. .."

"Shhh..." Jong Hyun put his fore finger on her lips to stop her from talking. "just go back to sleep. I promise, I'll always be here."

Rei Haru looked up at him. Her eyes were still blurry from crying. Her heart beat faster at what he just said. "she rubbed her face and wiped her tears.. "Will you stay with me till I fall asleep."

"I will. So go to sleep,"

Rei.

Jong Hyun helped Rei to her room. He went to his room to grab a shirt "I'll be here so you can go back to sleep."

Rei turned towards him and stared at him. "Thanks,"

 

JH POV :

 My heart jerked when Rei laid her head in my lap. I just took  a shower and didn't realized she was still awake that's why I didn't bother to wear a shirt. Her hair clung to her face. She'd been crying or maybe sweating. I am guessing she just woke up from a nightmare. I don't know what to say to comfort her. I just rubbed her back.

It scared me when she said she can't take it anymore. I was scared she'll say she wanted to die. I breathed in relief when she just asked me to watch her sleep.

I let her lay in my lap till she fell asleep. I looked at her face. 'She's pretty when she's asleep.' I didn't realized I was admiring her beauty. Her pinkish pouty mouth. Her long eyelashes. I gently traced my fingers along her chin and tucked the hanging stands of hair to her ear. She's beautiful. So beautiful even with the problems she's undergoing.

 

"oppa, where are you?" Rei was shaking. Her voice said it all.

"Hongdae. Filming. What's going on?" Jong Hyun sensed something wrong. Rei never called him oppa.

"I'll be there in few minutes" Rei hang up.

Jong Hyun stared at his phone. It's  not like of Rei to call him in the middle of the night. He checked the time.  10 pm. "crap! Her nightmares" he started to worry. Rei don't normally sleep till 12. He put back his phone in his bag and went back with the group.

After an hour, the director called it a night. The crew and team broke up. Jong Hyun was on his way to the van when he spotted Rei's truck. He walked towards the car and knocked the passenger's window.

"oppa," Rei got out and wrapped her arms around Jong Hyun's waist.

Jong Hyun was taken aback. He looked around. He was afraid someone might see them.  He guided Rei at the back seat. "shhh. What happened?" he cooed.

"I'm tired." she cried.

"Let's go home. Hmmm. Let me grab my things." he got out and helped Rei to the passenger's side. He left and came back with his bag. "You shouldn't have drove," he started the car.

She leaned back and closed her eyes.

"We're here," Jong Hyun opened the door and helped her out of the truck."What happened? " he asked as soon as they sat down at the couch.

"I'm tired. I'll go insane if this goes on" she cried. "I can't do this anymore."

"Rei-ah, you can do this. Hmm. We're here.  A lot..."

"I can't. I want to die." she sobbed.

Jong Hyun faced her. "Rei Haru," he was shocked. "Don't say that,"

"This is driving me insane.  I am so tired." she covered her face with both hands.

Jong Hyun gathered her in his arms and hugged her. They were in a hugging position for a while without saying a word.

"It's better if I leave this world" she whispered.

"sweetheart,  don't say that. There are lots of people who will be sad." Jong Hyun just said the endearment word.

"But this is killing me. God knows what can I do if I get tired of these,"

"I'm here, hmm. you can always count on me,"

She looked up at him and buried her face on his chest. She cried and clawed his shirt.

"She's probably tired” Jong Hyun thought. Rei dozed off in his arms. He carried her to the bed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter