Chapter 8

Within Reach
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time passed rather slowly for Mark. The camp has started and he actually felt grateful because he could get his focus at something for a while.

While his mind still clouded by the thought about his boyfriend kissing someone else in his locker room. He couldn’t think straight anymore. And pour all of his energy into Basketball.

It passed midnight now and he still practicing. He didn’t want to stay and think. Because when he think in this state, it'll just make him more furious about everything that happened. And he didn’t want to let himself being miserable and hurt.

He believes, if he ignores something for enough amount of time, in the end he will forget about it. In the end, that matters will only be something he won’t care about. In the end, it’ll just something that will pass.

But, will love pass that quickly? Will he be able to ignore it long enough to really forget it? Will his heart stand it?

He drabbles the ball, shoot it to the ring, and with every move his mind started to get further and further from the things that haunting him.

He didn’t even know that Brian watching him from afar, getting worried about his best friend. He didn’t even know that his legs already gave up, and so when he still forced his legs to jump, it twisted.

Mark finally could feel the hurt. He finally felt the physical hurt that came through his body from his twisted ankle.

He curled on the floor, hands grabbing his throbbing left ankle. It hurts so much that he need to bite his lips to distract the pain.

“What the hell Mark what are you doing?” He heard Brian voice and that’s the time he felt conscious about his presence.

“Let me take a look at it.” His friend said again but Mark doesn’t want to release his grip from his ankle.

But somehow Brian can force him and he twisted his ankle in a way Mark felt the hurt became hundred times worst than before. But gradually, the pain isn’t there anymore. And Mark could feel all his sense back to himself again, and suddenly he felt tired.

“What the hell did you do?” Brian asked after Mark opened his eyes, and look at Brian who squat down beside him.

“What?” he asked, feeling tired.

“You forced yourself till that extent!” Brian said, sighed and sat on the floor while Mark still lying there, didn’t even have energy to move.

“I’m not.” Mark said, close his eyes again because he suddenly feels so sleepy.

“You are important for this team. Don’t hurt yourself.” Brian said before stand up and holds his hand to help Mark stand.

Even though he didn’t want to stand; he didn’t want to walk; he didn’t want to move at all. He just wants to sleep there and forget about everything that happened. In the end, Mark gave up and grabs Brian’s hand to stand.

But another pain shot through his ankle the moment he stepped on the floor, made him winced from the pain. In the end Brian helped him to walk to their room and set him on the bed. He didn’t even get time to say thanks because Brian just went out to call their team’s doctor.

Mark suddenly thought about the things that happened these past weeks. About how Brian informed him that finally Bambam said yes to him. About how Brian looked so happy that time.

Mark realized that Bambam is in a good hands, but why Mark still feeling uneasy about it. Why the fact that Bambam and Brian are together now, hurt him so much.

*

Bambam stand still in the chair. His foot keeps tapping on the floor and his fingers clenched tight on his side.

He never felt this nervous about the audition before, but today is different.

For the first time he did the violin on an audition. Not his usual piano playing that he already mastered, but violin. Something he loves so much but always too afraid to show his skill. Because he realized that violin is not his forte. He knew that he’s good at it but not great.

Even from the first time he learnt music, piano is the first instrument he touched. That’s why his skill already so good on piano.

But violin is the birthday gift from his grandparents. When he was 12 years old, his grandparents gave him a violin, said that he need to spread his knowledge about music if he loves it so much.

Then he starts to learn it. And he knew that he love it, more than any other instrument he ever played.

How his emotion can fly along with every strings that he touch with his hands. How he can just be himself whenever he plays the violin. He plays the violin to cure his boredom. And that’s why he enjoys it, because no one expected him to be anything with his violin skill.

But his love towards the violin, made him want to do more. It made him want to enjoy his every performance on the stage. He wants to play the ins

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter