Chapter 4

Within Reach
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It's 10am and Bambam waiting at the hallway outside auditorium with 2 tickets on his hand, his body leaned on the wall. Like usual he tapped his fingers to the wall, following the keys he need to remember for his audition.

Piano. He choosed piano. Because his brother played it too. Because he already mastered it since he was 9. Because he's the best at it. He actually likes violin better. But he's not that confident in violin.

Suddenly his thought went to Brian. Thinking that maybe he's doing that with Brian too. Choose the safest place. Because if he follow his heart, he will chase Mark instead. But who he was kidding? Mark already has a boyfriend. He couldn't enter.

"Bam!" Someone said his name and tap his shoulder made him jolted up.

He looked at the voice owner and there stand a boy with spiked up hair and beautiful eyesmile.

"You don't have to scared me like that hyung." Bambam said, pouted a little but smiled after all.

"You seemed so nervous." Brian said, stand beside Bambam and leaned his body on the wall too.

"Yeah. What if i can't get in?" Bambam said, lying. Of course he will get in. He know his ability. But he just don't wanna explain to Brian that he was thinking about Mark before.

"You will get in. Believe me." Brian said. Put his hand Bambam's shoulder and looked at him with reassuring smile.

Bambam stunned. Brian so nice. Well, all of the boys who have intention to get on his pants always nice. That's not new for Bambam.

But somehow Brian is different. Brian so sincere. Like Jackson. But then again, if Brian really like Jackson, then there's no chance for him to continue on this relationship since it won't work anyway.

"Thank you." Bambam just said, smiled back.

A bell could be heard from afar. Signaling that it's the time for lunch break.

"Well, i have to go then. See you at 4." Bambam said while hold two tickets in front of him for Brian.

"Two? You gave me two?" Brian asked while took it from Bambam's hand.

"Yeah. Mark hyung said he wanna come too." He said while straightened his clothes.

"Mark will have to watch the tryouts for basketball team." Brian said, but he failed to notice the clear dissapointmen on Bambam's face. "He couldn't come."

"Ah ok then." Bambam said, he was dissapointed. But he couldn't do anything anyway. "I have to go. Gyeom must be already waited for me at cafeteria."

"By the way, would you mind if i join you guys for lunch?" Brian asked shyly. This is weird but he keep feeling his heart beating faster in the sight of Bambam.

"Sure. I will have lunch with my roommate Yugyeom. He will have basketball tryout too this evening." Bambam smiled and a red tint creeped out Brian's cheeks.

Bambam could see that. And he felt a slight guilt on his heart. He couldn't like someone just because they treated him nicely. He know he couldn't do it. He will like someone who he like from the start.

Everyone always asked him to try first. To see what will happened next. But it's just imposible for him. He tried for a couple of times. Like with Jackson. He cared for him so much, he likes Jackson, but he didn't love him enough. He couldn't love him enough. And he couldn't continue their relationship because their feelings is not mutual. He couldn't live with that.

With Brian, he will just break another heart if they continue. He knows it. But somehow his selfishness will tell him otherwise. To just try because it's always nice to have someone cared for him. And unfortunately Bambam is not a saint. He just human with a lot of weakness. So he gave in.

Always nice being loved by someone.

*

A lot of people already inside the cafeteria made Mark frowned his eyebrow because of its loudness.

"Can we just order food and brought it somewhere else please?" Mark said to his boyfriend beside him, their hand interwiten.

"Why? Ah there's my friend." Paul said pointed at the table with 4 other people in it. "They must be spare some seat for us. Don't worry."

"Well ok." Mark said, he couldn't do anything about Paul. Even tho he hated it so much but he couldn't do anything, because Paul will be happy.

Maybe it's just because Paul is his first high school crush. Or maybe it's because the fact that a lot of people want Paul but he choo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter