Chapter 1

Within Reach
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A first day as 3rd grade student at high school and Mark already dragged by Jackson to skip their first class. They’re sit on their favorite spot at the school park, a table behind the tree.

“I can’t believe all of us will be a classmate again.” Jackson said while chewing a slice of pizza on his hand.

“Is there no other students in this school? Why i have to stuck with you guys again for a year!” Youngjae who sat beside him said. Resting his head on the table.

“Ya! You’re not happy with that?” Jackson said, a bit yelling. “Just eat this pizza and enjoy our life!” he said while shoving one slice of pizza in front of Youngjae’s face which Youngjae take happily.

“I’m happy that we can be in the same class again.” Jinyoung said while leaning his head to Jaebum. “At least we still can meet even tho you’re busy with your student council things”

“I’m sorry Jinyoung-ah, but i can’t help it.” Jaebum said to his boyfriend, “I promise after this orientation things ended, I’ll give all my time for you.”

“Ewww, I never know you can be this cheesy.” Jackson said clearly being disgusted at these new couples antics.

Mark just sat there, laughing. He always enjoy it, spending times with all of his friends. He’s not the one who talks much, but he enjoy his friends chat.

“Mark, don’t forget today’s meeting. Jackson too.” Jaebum said to both of them, still with Jinyoung on his shoulder.

“Ah crap! I forget that I’ve promised Bambam for school tour!” Jackson said, quickly fished out his phone from his pocket and texting someone.

“School tour? You’ll give a freshman school tour?” Jaebum said, getting up from his previous position and made Jinyoung pout. “Wang Jackson give a school tour? Suddenly?”

“What’s the matter with that. He’s my junior from middle school, I need to take care of him.” Jackson said before back to his pizza. But everyone’s gaze already focused on him with knowing expression.

“Are you in love with this kid?” Jinyoung is the first one to say something. “You know I never seen you care about someone this much if you don’t have any intention on hitting on him” he said with a knowing smirk.

“It’s not like what you think it is!” Jackson said, but can’t hide his nervousness. “Yeah I mean, we’ve tried but it’s not worked well so, I only care about him like a brother now.”

“But I’m curious, you should introduce him to us!” Mark said. Can’t help to hide his smile seeing Jackson became a little bit nervous like that. That one friend is not the one who easily got nervous. Especially if it’s about his ex. But he can see that this Bambam boy is kinda special for Jackson.

“Well, I’ve asked him to come here but he said he didn’t want to skip class on his first day. That kid became too serious..” Jackson said shoving the last slice of pizza into his mouth.

“Then it’s better if he didn’t want to hang out with you anymore then?” Mark laugh and get another glare from Jackson.

“But is he already decided on what club he want to enter? Tell him that if he want to enter soccer club, I’ll give him an easy pass!” Jinyoung said, back to leaning his head on Jaebum’s shoulder.

“Why you should get him an easy pass? I won’t accept him on basketball team if he doesn’t pass the test.” Mark said.

“No need to give him easy pass, since he won’t join sport club.” Jackson said, typing something on his phone.

“So, student council then?” Jaebum asked.

“No one want to join student council.” Jackson said annoyed, getting a piercing glare from Youngjae from his side.

“Yeah, since you’ve became student council president, you barely had time for me.” Jinyoung pout his lips and Jaebum can’t help but think it’s cute.

“I’m sorry Jinyoung-ah, please wait a little longer alright? Just until this orientation finished.” Jaebum said and tap his boyfriend head a little.

Jackson rolled his eyes, so did Mark and Youngjae. They really couldn’t get used to this. They still wondering, what did Park Jinyoung do to get a stern Im Jaebum, president of Student Council get all lovey dovey every time they’re together.

“Ah, he’s coming. Yugyeom come here!” Jackson suddenly yelled and waved to someone who Mark assumed walking behind him.

And with an instinct, Mark turned his head to see at the direction Jackson waved at and see a tall boy with blonde greyish hair running towards their spot.

“So where’s Bambam now? He didn’t come with you? I want to introduce you guys to all my friends here.” Jackson said again getting a full attention from Mark.

“We had PE class before this and like usual he skipped PE. Now i don’t know where he is. I called his phone but there’s no answer.” Yugyeom said and took a seat beside Mark.

“What is wrong with that kid really.” Jackson said frustrated. “Well, anyway, this is my junior from middle school. Kim Yugyeom.”

“Ah hello hyung, I’m Yugyeom from class 1-B” Yugyeom said flashing smile to all his hyungs there, and they replied that smile with a nod.

“Yugyeom here is so good at Basketball.” Jackson said, looking at Mark.

“Ah really? But you still have to go through a test to enter basketball team. I won’t gave an easy pass, not like Jinyoung.” Mark said, chuckled a little. Somehow he feel familiar with his name but he can’t remember where he heard that.

“It’s alright hyung, i’m sure i can enter a team even without an easy pass.” Yugyeom smiled.

“That’s the spirit!” Mar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter