Chapter 16

Within Reach
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


It was raining outside when Mark called by his parents.
“Mark baby congratulations!” His mom yelled on the phone, made Mark cringed for a bit before chuckled softly,
“What happened mom?” He asked, walking towards the auditorium to meet his boyfriend. No, Bambam didn’t tell him about his practice, but since his younger boyfriend was nowhere to be found, he guessed it will be in auditorium since the school festival getting near.
“Baby they accepted you to that University, in US!” his mom yelled again,
For a second, Mark suddenly went blank. What scholarship? What univesity?
“You know the one you applied with Brian last month? They replied to your letter. You got the scholarship baby. I called your grandma and she was so happy….”
Mark didn’t listen to the whole sentence after that. His mind just went blank. He wasn’t happy. Not as happy as he expected, of course he was happy, but then he thought about Bambam.
Bambam…..
“Mom i will talk to you again later. There’s something i need to do!” He said, not waiting for his mom’s replies as he cut the phone line, shoved his phone inside his pocket and ran to the auditorium, just to see Brian hugging his little boyfriend.
“Bam..” He let the word out from his mouth. “Why are you crying?” He suddenly forget about Brian and jumped up to the stage, takes his boyfriend by hand, “What happened?” he asked before realizing a letter on his boyfriend’s hand.
“Ah, so you knew already?” He tilted his head, Bambam still lowered his head and nodded slightly. Mark turned to Brian who stand on their side, “What about you? You got in?”
Brian just nodded, made Mark smiled happily. “Good job, bro.” he said, patted his bestfriend’s shoulder, “Bam come with me.” He turned to the younger again, and pulled his wrist, gave a signal to Brian before he took Bambam outside, walked to their school front door.
“It’s raining.” Mark said, looked at the younger at his side. Bambam still hasn’t spoke a word, so he just smiled and took off his jersey, held it above their head.
“What are you doing?” Bambam mumbled before scooting closer to Mark.
“Let’s run!” He smiled, and held the younger shoulder before running towards their dorm building.
They got wet, but Mark smiled watching the younger laughed happily.
“Why are you crying?” Mark asked, held his jersey with one hand, and Bambam’s hand with his other hand, walking towards the younger’s dorm.
“Hmm.. nothing,” Bambam shook his head and gave him a sad smile, “Your acceptance letter.” he gave the older an envelope on his hand, “Check if you got it or not?” the younger bit his lower lip.
Mark looked at the younger for awhile, before taking the letter and shoved it inside his pocket. “It’s not important. I’m not going.”
“What?” Bambam suddenly stopped on his track. “Why are you not going?”
“Because I don’t want to leave you in Korea alone.” Mark held the younger’s shoulder, looked into his eyes. “I… I don’t know Bambam but I definitely won’t leave you.”
“What are you talking about?” Bambam stuttered, held Mark’s wrist with his hand and looked back into the older’s brown eyes. “But, your future?”
Mark shook his head. “My future is here, with you.”
Bambam left speechless. But the way Mark said it, felt so sincere, and he also sure that for him, Mark can be his future too.
He didn’t want to let the older go. But then, he also had this dream about him playing his music around the world.
He also had this about how he also wanted to continue his study abroad, to broaden his knowledge more about music.
“Mark, can we talk about this first?” Bambam asked the older, and Mark nodded. They continue walking towards the younger room, in silence.
Mark stepped inside the younger’s dorm, like usual he just sat on the couch, “Yugyeom not here yet?” he asked to Bambam who went somewhere, bringing two towel for both of them on his hand.
“I don’t know where he is, but,” He held his hand for Mark to stand, “Let’s go change first, you’ll get cold if you wear this wet clothes.”
Mark smiled before taking Bambam’s hand, and stand up from the couch, following the younger to the bathroom. “Oh? Are we taking a bath together now?” he chuckled teasingly, made Bambam rolled his eyes at him.
“Nope you ert, go shower first,” he gave the older one of the towel, smiled cheekily “Go to my room after you finished.” he said, watching as Mark takes off his wet uniform.
“You like what you see, mister?” Mark chuckled at the younger’s expression, expected the younger to rolled his eyes at him, but instead Bambam took a step forwards and hugged Mark’s bare chest.
“I really don’t want to let you go.” He mumbled to the older’s chest, “But, I can’t keep you here too.”
Mark hugged the younger back, felt warm wetness from the younger’s tears. One hand circled around Bambam’s slim waist, with one hand rubbing his blonde hair. “Then I won’t leave. I don’t want to leave you too.”
Bambam shook his head, “No, you don’t understand.” he said, and pulled away. “Go shower first, we will talk about this later.”
Mark pulled the younger back to his embrace, stepped back towards the bathroom and closed the door, locking it before pushed Bambam to the door, kissing his plump lips passionately.
The younger moaned, felt Mark’s teeth grazing on his lower lip. He circled his arms around the older’s neck, tilted his head a little deepening the kiss.
Secured his arms around the younger’s waist, Mark pulled away a little, hovering on the younger’s lips, “I don’t want to lose you.” he said under his breath, their heartbeat echoing inside the bathroom, two loud heartbeat. Bambam smiled before continue kissing the older, nibbling on Mark’s lower lip, pulling it by his teeth. “I don’t want to lose you either.”

***

Bambam is on the bed, lied on his stomach with Mark laying on his side beside him, looking at the younger. “It’s still hurt?” He chuckled, made Bambam narrowed his eyes at him, “Am I too rough? Sorry but you’re the one who keep begging for me to go faster, deeper..” Bambam hitted the older’s head to made him stopped.
“Shut up.” the younger pouted, “It’s my first time alright, you shouldn’t making fun of me like that.”
“Alright alright.” Mark ruffled the younger’s hair, “So, Vienna is it?” he smiled, a sad smiled.
Bambam nodded, with a smile also. “Vienna, yes.” he said, “If you just throw out this opportunity, I will feel guilty because, when i graduated later, I will be the one who leave you for my dream.” he said, brought his hand to rubbed the older cheeks, shuffled to lied on his side facing Mark.
Mark exhaled and rubbed the younger’s hand on his cheek, “Bambam… we’re only together for a short time.”
“What are you talking about?” the younger widened his eyes, tried to pull his hands from Mark, but the older held it tight.
“I can’t do this. I can’t keep this status as your boyfriend if I can’t be there with you. I can’t do that to you, I…” he blinked fast, tried to erase the tears from his eyes, “I will have to let you go.”
Bambam couldn’t hold that anymore, he let the tears fell from his eyes, he und

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter