In which Luhan is a deer in the headlights when it comes to marriage

Signed, Lulu

Dear Diary,

If I could define Bacon, it would probably be like…

Byun Baekhyun, a ball of sunshine and happiness who has been doing nothing but making my life a living hell since we were 5.

She’s the real Satan, I tell you, and sometimes, I wonder why the hell I’m even friends with her. She should just hang out with Sehun instead. You know, evil minds think alike and birds of the same feather flock together?

Okay, I’ll stop. I’m getting poetic.

You know that moment when you badly need to explain everything because everyone keeps on misunderstanding the situation?

Yeah, I feel that right now.

Just because I was treating him does NOT mean we’re in a relationship.

You know what? Why does everyone always think we’re dating?! Can’t we even be friends? (Not that I want to be his friend in the first place. I’d rather die.) Baekhyun says that we even look like an old married couple.

My own. ing. best. friend. Said that.

And they wonder why I have trust issues…

Signed, Lulu

It was a Saturday, and Luhan, being the lazy person she is, decided to sleep the whole day, as she has nothing better to do anyway. The cool morning breeze sneaked in through the half-opened window, the sun shone perfectly on her room. Not too bright, but not too dim either. It was a perfect day.

Or so she thought.

Loud knocking could be heard from outside of her room, waking the girl up from her deep slumber. Luhan didn’t even need to ask to know who that person was. Judging from her harsh demeanor, she could only think of one woman.

Groaning, the girl asked, “What?”

“Agassi, it is time to wake up. Breakfast is ready.”

“5 more minutes…”

“I suggest not. Your father is waiting for you downstairs. He wants to eat breakfast together.”

After struggling from here and there, Luhan wakes up, squinting at the old lady, “Tell him I’m coming down in a few minutes.”

“As you wish, Agassi.” as soon as the old lady leaves, Luhan pokes her tongue out, mumbling curses to everyone.

It was something about the head maid ahjumma which she despised the most. Either the way she harshly treated everyone (except her boss of course), the way she brought herself as if she owns the place, or never smiled, Luhan doesn’t know. But she never liked her, and she thinks the said lady feels the same, seeing as how she treats her rather differently than her father.

Sighing, Luhan gets up and walks groggily to the bathroom.

XXX

Luhan rarely ever saw her parents, and even if she did, it would either be in an important event for their company, or at the airport, about to leave for a business trip. To be called for breakfast like this is a surprise for her, and she wonders what made them do so.

The doors to the dining room opened, and Luhan fought the urge to smile. It’s been a long time since she came in here. 5 or 6 months, was it?

Since her parents are seldom inside, Luhan thought it was kind of lonely and pointless to eat alone and thus, has been skipping meals or eating at school instead. At rare times she would eat at Baekhyun’s, but that was about it. She didn’t want to intrude the Byuns’ family bonding time, and that would only make her lonelier.

A deep voice booms throughout the room, scattering the girl’s thoughts.

“It’s been a while, hasn’t it, Luhan?”

“Y-yes, father.” nodding, Luhan sits down on an empty chair, “You called?”

“Well yes. Your mother and I thought it would be a good idea to eat together for once, since we heard that you don’t eat at home anymore…”

“Oh.”

Her mother smiles, “How’s school, Luhan?”

With doe brown eyes, pale face, a button nose, and plump, pink lips, one could already assume Luhan’s mother as her older sister. Luhan couldn’t blame them, however. Her mother is a real beauty that remains youthful-looking even after all these years, and she couldn’t help but feel lucky to inherit these genes.

Sadly, she didn’t get her mother’s gentle nature.

“It’s okay, I guess. Same old, same old with the exception that I haven’t been attending soccer practice lately.”

“And why is that?”

Luhan froze in her seat, trying to come up with some kind of explanation. She couldn’t possibly tell her parents that she was in detention.

“Er…I want to finish my homework so I can hang out with Baekhyun for the rest of the day.”

“Ah, Baekhyun,” her father cracks up a small smile, “tell her I send regards to her and the whole Byun family.”

“Baekhyun’s a sweetheart, alright, but you love soccer, don’t you? I’m sure she’ll understand if you skip a few girl dates now and then. You’re in the team, and a captain, even. Wouldn’t the coach or the co-captain be angry about it?” her mother asks.

Yes, Luhan knew she was important. She’s the striker and captain, after all. But she didn’t really expect to be good at the sport. She only joined the club because of Minseok, and if Minseok is not around, then why should she attend practice?

“T-they said it was fine. There aren’t any important games coming up, anyway.”

Well, part of it is true. Except for the fact that her coach is now after and Luhan spent the whole day playing Mission Impossible: Escape the grouchy soccer ahjussi.

“If you say so.” her mother looks skeptical about it, but decided to let it go for now, “Luhan, dear, you’re not going on dates with boys, right?”

Luhan almost chokes in her food, “Wha-what?”

‘By chance…did they see me with Sehun?’

‘But that was only one time! And I was treating him for ice cream!’

“Answer the question, honey.”

“N-no!”

Her father looks absolutely amused, “You don’t have to be offended, you know. We’re not suspecting you of having a boyfriend or anything.”

“Then why would you ask-“

“Luhan, dear, I have a question.” Her mother says, firmly grabbing on her hand, “What can you say about having a fiancé?”

Luhan’s looks at her mother as if she’d grown a second head, “You don’t mean…”

“We’re not forcing you on marriage,” her father says before she could even utter a word, “We just want you to start looking for someone right now because as soon as you graduate, you’ll be managing the company, and we figured a partner would help you.”

Her mother continues, “You don’t have to marry him if you don’t want to. In the end, it’s up to your decision on who you love. We’re just suggesting a few men that you would like.”

Well, if it’s up to her decision then…

“Who’s the first one?”

Both of her parents smiled, relieved that she wasn’t angry about it, “I’m glad you asked. He’s in here, actually. Come in, boy.”

The door to the dining room opened again, revealing a tall yet lean figure, and Luhan couldn’t believe what she saw.

Brown hair, full lips, tanned skin…

“Kim Jongin?!”


Author’s Note:

I just realized that before, I’ve been going to each subscriber’s profile, personally thanking them for subscribing, but now, I haven’t had the chance to do it because I lost track on who to click on or what to do.

So now, I want to thank everyone (yes, including you) who subscribed to Signed, Lulu, and all of my other stories. Please give lots of love until the end. I truly appreciate it all. Fighting~

Love, author-nim