In which there’s another husband material and another HunHan date

Signed, Lulu

Dear Diary,

I must’ve saved a whole city in my past life.

I mean, what did I ever do to deserve these handsome human beings as my future husband?! (Oh my god, my mother might have some taste in choosing).

But seriously, he’s as wonderful and nice as an angel. My problem is, he’s just really TOO NICE. He’s too much of a gentleman, too clean, too kind, and too pure that I feel like I’m a pedo whenever I talk to him. He just makes me feel so awkward sometimes.

I may or may not prefer boys that like to joke and have fun (excluding my blonde Chemistry partner). Like Minseok oppa! He’s cute, he’s funny, and he likes to joke around sometimes.

He’s just freaking perfect!

Signed, Lulu

“Good morning, dear.”

Luhan almost tripped on her own feet as soon as she saw her mother in front of her (is it just her or are her parents appearing more often lately?), making the older woman chuckle.

“M-mother…g-good morning.”

“You look like you’ve seen a ghost.” Her mother chuckles, much to her daughter’s embarrassment. “Your clumsy father forgot some important business papers so we had to come back. Aish, that old man. We’ll be leaving for China once we get what we need. Breakfast’s ready on the table.”

Luhan nods, excusing herself from the other, only to be pulled back once again. “Wha-what?”

“You think I’d let you go for the day?” Her mother grins. “You’re going on a date today. You’re meeting the second candidate for your marriage.”

“A-already? But I just went on one with Kai last week!”

Her mother says nothing about this. Instead, commanding the maids to help Luhan prepare and leaves with a sly grin, ignoring her daughter’s loud ruckus.

XXX

“I swear that woman could be a cunning fox sometimes…” Luhan mutters to herself as she patiently waits at the meeting place her mother told her, a small frown on her face as she glances at all the couples entering the café.

‘Is it Valentine’s Day or what? What’s up with all the mushy gushy stuff?’ She slightly cringes when the couple occupying the table beside her begins cuddling.

Good lord, if she were to do that with her boyfriend, then she’d rather punch him in the face instead.

Her brown eyes glance at the wall clock, eyebrows slightly furrowing as she begins to worry what may have happened to her supposed ‘husband’. It was already 10. They agreed to meet at half an hour past nine. Where the hell is he?

“I’m sorry I’m late.” A soft voice suddenly interrupts, crashing her train of thoughts.

Luhan jerks her upwards, a scowl on her face as she prepares to give the guy a round of scolding for making a girl wait, only to have her jaw drop at the sight of the male in front of her.

‘Well hello, gorgeous.’ She almost trips in her seat if not for the table in front of her. Sheepishly grinning, Luhan holds out a hand and mumbles a timid ‘hi’, to which the guy chuckles at, finding it cute.

“I’m Kim Joonmyeon. You must be Luhan, no?” She nods. “Great. You can call me Suho. Joonmyeon makes me sound old, actually. How old are you, by the way?”

“S-Seventeen.”

His eye brows softly jump in surprise at this. “So we’re the same age.”

Luhan almost chokes with her drink after hearing this. The girl darts her head up and down the boy, examining him with narrowed eyes. Suho simply chuckles at this, smiling. “I know, you must be thinking that I don’t look seventeen, right?”

‘H-how…how did he know?!’

“I’m used to the faces everybody would be giving me whenever I tell them my real age.”

The Chinese girl simply nods in understanding, sipping her drink guiltily. If this Suho kid is some sort of mind-reader then she should really stop thinking all sorts of stupid stuff in her head every now and then. After all, you never know what comes inside the Luhan’s head (surprisingly, she has that much of an ego).

Suho suddenly fake-coughs, giving her a handsome grin. “I know this is kind of awkward since it’s our first meeting, but I’d like to know what kind of girl you are, Luhan-ssi.”

‘What kind of girl I am? Is this kid planning to judge me?’

She had a feeling that this Suho guy is more than she expects him to be.

XXX

The day couldn’t be more horrible than this, or so Luhan thought. Suho turned out to be a very cheesy guy, saying romantic stuff and corny things that goes beyond the Chinese girl’s imagination. Luhan ended up nodding silently while resisting the urge to cringe at everything he said, inwardly cursing life and her mother for forcing her to come with this old-fashioned dude.

Suho must be a 40 year old man trapped in a 17 year old body.

They went to different places. Well, everything that involved literature—which isn’t Luhan’s forte, mind you (well, almost anything that involves knowledge isn’t Luhan’s forte, really). Turns out Suho wanted to be a writer, and he confessed that he has plans to become once when he graduates high school.

Luhan again, wonders what on earth is she doing here and begins to mumble complaints about how she should be sleeping by now, or eating, or playing her Xbox. Speaking of Xbox, is that new video game coming out soon?

The girl had been so immersed in her thoughts that she didn’t notice Suho was calling her name repeatedly already, worry flashing in his face when the girl begins to suddenly space out.

“Luhan-ssi…”

“Wha-Oh, yeah?”

He smiles, waving a book in front of her. “I’m just going to buy this. You can wait for me outside and I can drive you home a little while. If you don’t mind, that is.”

“Oh no. I’m fine. Take your time.” Or more like disappear. Please.

Good thing it was just a morning date. If they were to spend the whole day doing stuff like this, then good lord, Luhan would’ve probably jumped off a cliff already.

XXX

“I had a wonderful time today, Luhan-ssi. You were the first person I’ve ever talked to about my dreams. I’m glad you listened, too. Let’s do this again sometime, shall we?” Suho, like the gentleman he was, stands up to open the door and holds Luhan’s hand with a grin.

“O-oh. Of course.” More like never. Luhan, however, is still faking a grin until now. Her hand slightly twitching when Suho suddenly kisses it, and bids a quite happy farewell as soon as he gets in and his black limousine drives away.

“Goodness gracious, I want to die already…”

The familiar chorus of EXO’s Growl begins playing in the background. She slightly jumps at this, fishing her phone out when she realizes someone just texted her.

From: Satan’s little spawn AKA Oh Se-brat. I hate him soooo much. Do not answer.

Get dressed. We’re going to the arcade at 2.

A smile unknowingly graces her lips, and suddenly, everything just became better again.

XXX

Sehun was just casually hanging out at his house when his mother calls him, the woman in her forties donning a business suit with her usual stoic gaze, narrowing her eyes when her son appears. Sehun was used to it, though. His mother was never the smiley type. He’d concluded that after numerous tries of making her laugh, and only ended up getting bruises.

“Yes? Mom?”

“I’m going out for a while. Take care of Tao, will you? And make sure she doesn’t get into trouble. You know how she is, right?”

“Yes.” He resisted the urge to roll his eyes. His mother was always taking him for granted, acting as if he was more of a puppet than a human being with her never ending requests. It was as if Tao was her child and not Sehun. He clenches his fist at this, gritting his teeth.

“Good. Then do your job.”

All his life, he did nothing but please her, acting like a robot just to meet her expectations.

“Of course, mom.”

But just this once, it wouldn’t hurt to break the rules, right?

From: Derphan

Sure! ^_^