In which Hunhan quality time is so fluffy I could die

Signed, Lulu

Dear Diary,

I find it ironic how Baekhyun and I are so different yet so similar at the same time. Like, we both melt into a pile of goo when our crushes suddenly appear, yet react differently.

I see her cutely turning pink and flashing a small, timid smile at Chanyeol, while I, on the other hand, almost killed hit Minseok with a soccer ball when he sneaked behind me.

I am such a failure at being a girl. Kill me now.

Signed, Lulu

Byun Baekhyun decided to take the teasing into a whole new level.

A glint of amusement flashes in her eyes as she turns to Sehun, smirking, “Ah, yes, the Cutieus Maximus, also known as the Happy Crush. Poor Luhan’s got it bad, alright, but I don’t blame her. Minseok’s a cutie after all.”

Sehun turns to her with a puzzled look, ignoring the last sentence, “She’s got the what?”

‘Jesus, how stupid is this kid?’

“She’s smitten, .” Baekhyun deadpans, grabbing his arm to drag him outside, “Now let’s go and leave them alone! We should eat! How ‘bout some quality time with Baek noona, eh? You can invite your friend, Chanyeol, if you want.”

The younger furrows his brows and spins his head to Luhan’s direction, “But what about Lu-“

“She can handle herself fine! They could go on a lunch date for all I care!”

Sehun didn’t know why, but the idea of Luhan with Minseok made his stomach clench, and suddenly, the idea of eating didn’t seem appetizing to him anymore.

XXX

“Where were you during lunch? It’s like you disappeared into thin air. We’re supposed to eat together, remember?”

Baekhyun rolls her eyes at Luhan, “While you were busy talking alien languages and fawning over Minseok, I went on a lunch date with two cuties.”

Luhan almost chokes in her own saliva, “C-Cuties?”

“Yes, by the names of Oh Sehun and Park Chanyeol.”

Again, she almost choked, “S-Sehun?”

“Why, you jealous?” Baekhyun smirks, “Don’t worry, dear eonni, I’m not stealing him away from you. I’ve got all my attention on Chanyeol. The poor boy’s just lonely so I pitied him. Though it looked more like he and Chanyeol were on a date and I was the awkward third wheel.” her face scrunches in disgust at the thought of it.

“Sorry, Baek. I promise that next time, we’ll eat together.”

“I’ll take your word on that, best friend.”

XXX

Dismissal was always the busiest time of the day. Not because after classes, students have each of their own extracurricular activities to attend to, but because it’s a chance to cram all the remaining schoolwork to do and laze around as you go home. Plus, you’ll have to escape the crowd filling in the hallway in order to get home.

Luhan, being one of the laziest students in school, decided to stay for a few minutes.

“Wow, you’re one dedicated student, alright.” Baekhyun comments as she takes a glance at the Math homework on the desk, “What made you do this all of a sudden? As far as I can remember, you’re like a cheetah when the bell rings.”

Luhan nonchalantly shrugs, “I don’t have anything to do for the rest of the day, might as well do my homework now. Plus, Minseok’s staying behind because of a meeting. I want to walk home with him.”

The younger looks at her as if she’d grown a second head, “Have you forgotten that you live in a mansion that’s like, 2 kilometers from here? Where the would you walk to?”

“Grandma’s house?”

“Dude, your grandma’s dead.”

Luhan shrugs again, “I don’t care. As long as I can spend time with Minseok.”

Baekhyun gives her a pointed look but decides not to poke further into it, sighing, “Well okay then. Be safe, alright? Call me when you get home. Your father might kill me if he finds out you’re in trouble. He knows you go home with me after all.”

“Alright. Bye, Baek.”

“Bye!”

As soon as the younger leaves, Luhan sighs and continues her homework.

XXX

It’s already 5 PM, indicating that classes had already ended 2 hours ago, and one and half since Luhan has been waiting. The meeting couldn’t possibly be that long, right?

She sighs and glances at the wall clock, worried. For two hours she’s been doing nothing but her homework. Heck, she even finished their take home activity due next week! What was taking Minseok so long? Perhaps she should go home instead?

‘No. For my Minseok oppa, I MUST stay.’

As if on cue, the door slams open. Luhan stands up from her seat and faces it with glee, only to be filled with disappointment later on, “Oh. It’s just you.”

Sehun narrows his eyes, “Well I’m sorry, were you expecting someone else?”

The Chinese girl avoids his eyes and walks back to her desk, packing her belongings, “No. I’m going home now, by the way. See you tomorrow.”

Before she could leave though, Sehun swiftly grabs her wrist, pulling her near him. He takes a step closer and leans in, his breath tickling Luhan’s ear, much to the girl’s surprise.

“Was it Minseok?”

Luhan becomes flustered but stays quiet, much to his displeasure, “I thought so.”

The blonde boy decides to go further and leans one more time, their noses brushing each other’s now, “Minseok’s coming this way. Want me to tell him how you feel?”

“N…no…” Luhan furrows her brows. Sehun was acting differently today. It was like someone possessed him, “Sehun-ah, you’re too close. I can’t breathe.”

‘Typical Luhan’, smirking, he replies, “How ‘bout you treat me for some sundae and I’ll move away, hmm?”

The girl’s eyes widened. So this is what it was all about? So that she could just treat him to food? “Why you little-“

“Sehun? Lu…han?”

“Oh Minseok hyung!” Sehun greets, “Fancy seeing you here. We were just about to leave.”

Minseok looks at them, confused, “What are you two still doing here? Wait, why are you two together?”

“Oh it’s nothing. Luhan noona just asked me to walk her home since it’s getting late. See you tomorrow, hyung. Bye!” he gives Minseok a fake grin and drags Luhan out of the classroom.

Obviously, the girl was not happy about it, “Yah, why did you pull me out? Minseok was inside! And what was it about walking me home and-“

“Luhan! You left your book here!”

“On second thought, let’s go.” she grabs Sehun’s hand, much to the latter’s surprise, and runs outside the building.

“You were saying?”

Embarrassed, she flashes him a sheepish smile, “One sundae comin’ right up! Do you want chocolate or caramel?”