In which Luhan may or may not be having her own rival

Signed, Lulu

Dear Diary,

Today must not be my lucky day, I guess. After receiving the darn old head maid’s preach about going home late (tch, old woman), Baekhyun came up to me and said almost the exact same thing, albeit somewhat happy though, and I couldn’t tell if she was giggling or acting like my mother when angry.

Serves her right to get detention.

But was I mistaking someone else for Sehun when I saw him at the airport? No, he had the same height as Sehun did, the same color of hair, and the same voice when he talked to that girl. That’s impossible.

Wait, why am I even bothered anyway?

Aish, seriously, what has gotten into me these days?

I don’t know what to write anymore. I’m out.

Signed, Lulu

Luhan woke up in a daze the following morning, feeling lightheaded as the head maid shook her awake (again, darn old woman). The girl thought that she forgot to go home, eyes darting around in panic, only to blink when the blinding lights of her room flashed in her eyes.

‘Wait…I’m inside the mansion.’ She blinks, surprised. “Ahjumma, did the driver take me home?”

“I’m afraid not, agassi.” Luhan’s eyes widen in terror, wondering if a stranger brought her back. “Rest assured, though, it appears that your friend was the one who took you home safely.”

“F-friend? Did Baekhyun take me here-”

“The blonde one, as he introduced himself, is Oh Sehun.” The woman smoothly says, unfazed by the young mistress’s shocked expression. “I believe he told me to pass you a message as soon as you wake up.”

Luhan gestures for the old woman to continue.

Without a blink, she simply says, “I’m sorry, but these are his words. ’Tell that idiot to get enough rest so that she can go to school tomorrow, and she better not be late.’ I shall be going down now, excuse me.”

The door closes with a soft thud, but Luhan still stays glued to her bed, various thoughts rambling in her head as she tries to calm herself down. ‘Unbelievable…

…He took me home.’

A small smile unconsciously slips on her face as soon as she goes to the bathroom to prepare, feeling giddy about today.

XXX

“Guuuuurl, you better tell me what happened yesterday!”

Luhan darts her head behind her seat, finding Baekhyun grinning crazily at her, “What about yesterday?” she scrunches her nose in thought.

The younger rolls her eyes, “Oh don’t act stupid. I know you know what I mean.”

“What do you mean?” Indeed, Luhan knew what Baekhyun was talking about, but the younger girl just seemed so fun to tease right now that she decided to play stupid instead. Luhan finds herself actually muffling her laughter after seeing the frustrated look on her best friend’s face.

“Lu.Han.” seething, she grits her teeth.

“Baek.Hyun.” the girl repeats, although in a much more light-hearted tone.

“Lu ing Han I swear to God if you don’t spill right now I will-”

“You will what, huh?” a stern voice interjects, surprising both girls. It turns out their teacher heard their conversation right from the start, and wasn’t exactly happy about it either. “Byun Baekhyun, detention for talking and cursing in my class.”

Horrified probably didn’t cover the look on Baekhyun’s face as soon as she heard it, “Wha-what?! But what about Luhan?! She talked, too!”

“Additional one hour for talking back.” Miss Lee’s harsh, snarly voice remarked, glowering over the young female. “Any more questions?”

“N-no, ma’am.”

Nodding, the old woman leaves and continues the discussion.

‘You’ll pay for this.’ Baekhyun mouths to the older before pretending to be writing notes. Who knows what would happen if she was caught talking for the second time? The younger could only shudder. Detention from Miss Lee is hell.

Oh well, at least there was Jongin to accompany her.

XXX

“You’re here.”

Sehun’s eyes narrow as soon as he spots Baekhyun entering, a big pout on the older’s face whilst walking towards an empty seat.

“No , Sherlock.” She grumbles, slumping dejectedly.

‘Weird…’ Usually Baekhyun would smother him with kisses and hugs as soon as her eyes land on him, but now…now she just looks like some rotten bacon. The younger doesn’t blame her, though, Miss Lee usually gives detention for noisy students.

“Baek noona?” Jongin widens his eyes at the sight and darts his eyes up, “And Sehun, too?”

He shakes his head no and continues reading his book, “I figured that detention would be the perfect place to study since the library was filled with people.”

“Well, okay.”

The silence continues until Sehun’s phone rings, the latter excusing himself to go outside and answer the call, “What’s up, mom?”

[She’s here!]

“Sorry?”

[Oh Sehun! Don’t tell me you’ve forgotten about Taozi?]

Sehun’s eyebrows rose in surprise, “Oh, her. Isn’t she in China or something?”

[I know, I know, but she’s here! She’s finally here! Come pick her up at the airport in 5, okay?]

“Wha-what?” Sehun groans, “Doesn’t she have a driver for that? Why do I have to-”

[Aish, this lazy boy. Just come, for goodness’s sake! I’m sure she’ll appreciate it if you show up. Now bye, I’m hanging up. And no buts! You are to come at the airport, whether you like it or not, and I’ll make sure you do.]

 Sometimes, Sehun wonders if his mom used to dub in horror movies, the woman’s creepy voice still haunting him until now.

He sighs, placing his phone back into his pocket and saunters inside the room with a mock salute. “I have to leave. Apparently, Tao’s here and I have to go now and pick her up since the ride to the airport is like, 20 minutes.”

“She’s here?” Jongin raises a curious brow, surprised. “I thought she was in China?”

“I thought so, too, but she’s here, and I don’t even give a damn about it.”

“ to be you, man.” He pats his friend at the back and shoves him outside. “Now go, before she slits your throat for being late.”

As soon as the blonde teen leaves, Baekhyun approaches Jongin with her eyebrows raised. “He’s going to the airport?”

“Yeah. He has to pick up his cousin from China. Why?”

“Nothing. It’s just that Luhan’s going at the airport, too, and I figured that he might give her a ride.”

“Did her parents come home or something?” Jongin still shudders at the thought of Luhan’s parents. They were indeed lovely, but the fact that they’re forcing him to marry their daughter just horrifies him, even until now.

“Well, yes, but…” Baekhyun’s voice trails off in uncertainty, and Jongin sure doesn’t like it.

“Oh yeah, I forgot. You have to clean the bathroom, noona.”

“Oh come on, Jongin! I was beginning to appreciate the dramatic tension here!”

XXX

Sehun arrives at the airport later with 5 minutes to spare. The lad placing his hands back in his pockets and leaning against a wall as he patiently waits for said cousin to arrive. Honestly, he doesn’t really give a damn whether Tao comes or not (her plane could crash for all he cares). He isn’t really fond of his cousin that much and would really rather stay at home and hide from her instead.

And doesn’t she have a boyfriend? (That Wu Yifan guy or whatever the hell his name was) Shouldn’t he be the one in Sehun’s position right now?

Too many thoughts were entering Sehun’s mind right now that he didn’t notice a tall figure crawl behind him, pulling him into a bone crushing hug.

“SEHUNNIE!”

“O-oh hey…T-Tao.” He blinks, surprised.

“I’m so glad you came!” She grins and begins handing him her bags. “I’ll be staying at your place for the meanwhile. I’ve informed auntie before I even arrived.”

“I see.” Sehun mentally notes himself to avoid Tao as much as possible in their mansion. Picking her bags up, they soon began walking to the parking lot.

“Be careful,” Tao instructs. “That’s Gucci.”

Again, Sehun could barely care less whether it’s branded or not. However, he’s kind enough to take note of that and softened his hold on the luggage.

“Oh my god, it’s a convertible!” his cousin squeals, running to his car with open arms. “Sehun! How did you know I love sports cars?!”

How did he know? Of course he didn’t know at all! It was a gift from his father when he turned 15.

“Oh my gosh, I wanna take a selca with it! It looks absolutely beautiful!”

Sehun resists the urge not to groan when his cousin took out her beloved phone. Tao may be kind and all, but she can sure be vain sometimes.

“I love you, Sehun!” She giggles, pecking a kiss on her cousin’s cheek before claiming shotgun inside his car.

Sehun swore he could’ve seen Luhan passing by somewhere, but maybe that was just his mind playing tricks on him since despite her harsh words and tough demeanor, she could be fun company sometimes (no offence to Tao, though).

But just when they drove away, back to the mansion, did Luhan appear at the parking lot, looking as confused as ever.

“Was that Sehun and…his girlfriend?”