Scars

Fallen (An Ex-Love Squeal)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Beep, beep…beep, beep.* I heard faintly as the machine beeps followed the rhythm of my heart. I heard chatter on the other side of the door and it sounded like my parents speaking Korean with the doctor. I heard them say something about a coma I’ve been in for…for three whole months. I was at a major shock. How could have this happened? Last I remember, I was crossing the street to my house at night and then everything was a blur. I needed someone by my side right now. I was scared and flustered and needed some explaining.

“Mom, Mom! I need you! Mom, please!” I screamed like a little kid. She ran up to me and hugged me with all her force while I sat up on my bed.

“Every month she’ll have to go to a therapist.” I heard a voice. I looked up and saw the doctor walk in. My hearing slowly became broken, as if everything was at a whisper. “…have forgotten a few things…” I heard, “…brain got severely damaged.” My eyes balled. I felt fine.

“Sir, I need an explanation! Why am I here? What happened? Why do I need to go to therapy? I’m perfectly fine! I remember everyone and everything?! Try me!” I was mad and confused.

    “You were hit by a car.” I heard, still in broken sentences. “…is now missing from your life.” I took a breath in, confused, “…damage your sanity…” I shut my eyes and kept quiet. I had no clue what was truly happening, and I was scared.

    ““Are you still mad at me? I-I’m sorry. I’ll do anything to make it up to you…” I heard. I looked up and saw a boy crying, me—Taehyung—was crying.

    “Who do you think you are?” I whispered softly, oddly. I looked down at my hands and noticed they were petite, along with my fragile-looking lap. I looked up at my mom walking out with…me. Before she took exit out the hospital door, she turned back and looked at me.

    “When you come home…I’ll explain everything.” She said and walked away. I tucked in my legs and pulled my hair, which felt long. I must have been really unhealthy the past three months…

***

    “Ahh!” Baekhyun screamed in his sleep, slowly waking up painfully. “Ah-Ahh!” He screamed once again.

    “Baekhyun!” Eun Ji screamed as he felt warm hands shaking him. “Baekhyun, wake up!” He arose out of bed and felt another immediate sting to his back, but this one was pure and fresh.

    “Ah!” Baekhyun shouted once more while clutching his back.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter