Taehyung's House

Fallen (An Ex-Love Squeal)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Thanks again for these clothes, they really look cool!” Baekhyun said to Eun Ji as he looked at himself through the bathroom mirror.

    “No problem!” Eun Ji screamed from the kitchen. “Hey Baekhyun, I’m going out so watch the house for me!”  Eun Ji added making Baekhyun walk out the bathroom in curiosity.

    “Shouldn’t I go with you?” Baekhyun asked while still playing with his new HBA sweater.

    “No, it’s just down the street…” Eun Ji replied. Baekhyun froze in shock realizing that she was going to his past house. He saw her approach the door and quickly jogged up to her.

    “No, no, I’ll follow you. I get scared alone!” Baekhyun pleaded.

    “That’s not very manly. Okay, do whatever you want.” Eun Ji plainly and quickly made her way out the front door with Baekhyun following.

    As they were crossing the street, Baekhyun felt a slight hesitation. Looking back, he could clearly remember he died in the middle of this street. He was storming out that house in his view after a slight argument caught up once again between him and Eun Ji, leading to a car ramming into him, causing an immediate death. The image was clear in his head—the headlights, the blue sparkly car glowing in the midnight sky, and the flash of light he saw before he became what he use to be, an angel. Baekhyun followed closely behind Eun Ji as they crossed the street. As soon as he stepped on the exact area where he last laid dead, a slight gold yet white light sprung in front of his eyes, causing him to trip on his own feet.

        “I said I can’t stand being with-” I shut my mouth as I heard a sudden honk of a horn from my left ear. I slowly shifted my gaze to see a car approach me, screeching on the ground as it tried to make a full stop but as my mind was still processing the situation, I felt an immediate thump against the side of my body. I suddenly felt numb. I didn’t even feel anything.

    Was I bleeding out? Did my skull crack? Did someone help me, Eun Ji? I was scared but then again not worried at all. For once, I felt at peace all alone in the silence. It wasn’t bright… Was I in hell or something? As I looked straight ahead I saw a white hallway…without an end? At this moment, I was scared with what lied at the end of hallway but my fears said one thing as my legs said another, for I had found myself walking down the white hallway.

    “Ah!” Baekhyun screamed as he felt the sudden pain of the floor colliding with his body.

    “Baekhyun, are you okay?!” Eun Ji said while helping Baekhyun up. “How did you fall like that? Are you losing your mind?” Eun Ji asked worriedly.

    “I think so…” Baekhyun said. He quickly got up with a blank expression and patted Eun Ji on the back, indicating for her to continue walking calmly. “What was that? I know I just saw my death and…felt it but what was that? I don’t remember a moment of peace, a silence, a white hallway. What was the meaning of this?” Baekhyun asked himself.

    They finally approached the door to the house not to long after his thoughts and entered. Everything looked the same to Baekhyun and Eun Ji—everything was untouched. Eun Ji hasn’t ever visited Taehyung’s house, not once after his death. It could have been the memories, or the fear of his ghost lurking around, but she disliked thinking about it over and over again (for visiting his grave once in a while was enough pain).

    “This place hasn’t changed…” Baekhyun heard from Eun Ji’s mouth.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter