Threatening Call

8 Weeks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Surprisingly, the jerk didn't show up yet, but I still had that pepper spray in my hand. Suddenly, I heard footsteps behind me! I quickly turned around to see who it was, but it was just a little girl. Letting out a sigh of relief, I made my way to the elevator.

My phone vibrated in my purse. When I looked a the screen, I saw my sister's face. I pressed the CALL button. "Hello?"

"Are you coming home, yet?" Vanessa asked. "Or did I, you know, interrupt anything?"

"Yes, I am. The last thing I checked, Mom was still in Bronx."

"Very funny. Just come up." Vanessa hung up the phone.

Still holding the pepper spray, I pressed the button going up when I reached the elevator. Still no sign of Lee when the doors opened. When I believed that Lee was bluffing, I put up the pint-sized can in my purse and made my way to my room when I reached the third floor.

I went to my room, unharmed with no contact with Lee, and knocked on the door. Cassandra opened with anticipation on her face. Vanessa had the same look, so I knew I was going to get bombarded with questions.

First up was Cassie: "Where did you guys go?"

"Eujli Mun Oak," I answered.

Next was Vanessa: "What was it like?"

"It was beautiful," I responded quickly, impressed at my growing speed.

Cassie asked, "Did you like the food?"

"Yeah, and I liked the ginger jelly, even though I didn't order it."

Vanessa: "If you didn't order it, why did you get it?"

"The waiter was hitting on me, so he gave me that to impress me."

Cassandra: "How did he feel when he saw you with Jongup?"

"He took our empty plates and said nothing else to me for the rest of the night when he saw Jongup kiss me."

Cassandra and Vanessa went into a screaming frenzy.

Vanessa: "Was it different from how Lee kissed you?"

"It was so much better. Jongup was such a gentleman. He's so sweet, and I can't wait to go out with him again."

Cassandra: "Speaking of Lee, did you see him tonight?"\

"Yeah, he found out I was going to be there. Then, he had the nerve to try to give me this bouquet of roses. They were beautiful, but I wasn't going to accept them. I threw them across the restaurant and kind of made a scene. Lee told me he'll love me no matter how badly I treated him, but he gave those roses to another girl. It was just some random fangirl who likes Lee as much as Cassie."

Vanessa: "Then, what happened?"

"Jongup told Lee to go back to his table and leave me alone, but Lee challenged him in the middle of the place and was like, 'What are you going to do about it, kid?' Jongup stood up, and Lee got in his face. I told Lee to leave Jongup alone, but he pushed Jongup back down in his seat. Just after I told them to stop it, the waiter comes over and told them to knock it out, too. I told Lee, as soon as the waiter left, to leave us alone and never come near either one of us again.

"Lee was threatening me with stuff like 'You sure you want to do that?' and 'This isn't a bell you can unring.' I told him I didn't want to unring. He was on his way out and gave me the coldest stares I've ever seen. I still feel a little chilly right now. You think I should watch my back?"

"No you don't have to watch your back," Vanessa hollered, "because if anything, and I mean anything, happens to you or Jongup, I will track Lee down and slice him up."

"But don't do anything to his face," Cassie pleaded. "I like his face. Scars on his body is fine; scars on a chiseled chest have always been hot to me."

"Get out of the dreamland, Cassandra! My sister's life is being threatened, and all you can think about is how hot Lee is. He may be fine, but I will mess up that pretty face of his beyond recognition. And that's a promise."

Cassie and I look at Vanessa with shock. We knew she was somewhat violent at times, but we've never felt such venom in her voice before, so I knew that she meant business.

"Vanessa?" I asked. "Are you all right?"

"Yeah, I'm cool," Vanessa breathed, "but let us know if you ever see Lee. Be super specific in where you're at so I can jump him if anything happens. We're not gonna follow you, but just call us if something's not looking up."

"Thanks." I knew I could count on my friend and sister to be there for me.

"So what happened after that?" Zelo asked.

"Lee pushed me back down in my seat, and the whole restaurant was looking our way," I added. "I was mad he pushed me, but I was upset that he felt the need to embarrass me in front of Michelle. She told Lee to leave us alone, too.

"After that, our waiter rushed over and told us we couldn't fight in there. Then, he flirted with Michelle and left, Michelle told Lee to leave is alone and to never come near her again. He threatened her, and, on his way out, he gave us the coldest sneer ever. I still feel like I need a thicker jacket on. Lee was so scary."

"If he comes near either one of you, call me up so I can jump him," Yongguk smiled, patting his chest.

"No, I'll jump him," Daehyun said matter-of-factly.

"Please. If you even see a fight, you'd run away scared that you'll ruin your pretty face."

"I'm a changed man, Yongguk. Vanessa wouldn't like that if I act vain. I'll just leave that to Himchan."

"Thanks!" Himchan cheered.

"You don't deserve her, all right?" Yongguk sneered. "You don't stand a chance against me, okay? I will protect her from you, Mr. I-dated-a-girl-who-cheated-on-me-and-got-gonorrhea."

"I didn't get it; Doo-ri did," Daehyun argued.

"How do you know? Do you know for sure Doo-ri didn't give it to you?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Did you ever get tested?"

"I don't have t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter