Sequel (8): Sunny and Who?!

Breaking Her Labyrinth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tao and Ga In headed into the living room where they found Sehun, Kai, and Jae Rim eating dinner. Ga In figured Rap Monster and Jimin was probably still guarding their room for any signs of Sunny waking up. 

The three men turned their direction and waited for the couple to come closer. Silence filled the air until awkward creeped in and Jae Rim decided to break both of those sorts of atmospheres. "You two look like a newly-wed couple, did something good happen?" Jae Rim asked and Tao blushed at that. Ga In smiled along and notice Sehun's stare, you didn't tell him I told you he was in the room right? That was what Sehun wanted to ask but Ga In only took a seat at the table with the three men and pulled out a plate for herself then a second, once she had enough food on both plates she slide one to the front of an empty seat. 

"Tao, here, sit and eat this." Ga In invited her husband to sit by her side and Tao quickly did as he was told. Tao sniffed the food with one heavy sniff and was satisfied. 

"Oh, thank you for the food~" Tao exclaimed as he digged in. Sehun and Kai looked at him without batting an eye, especially Kai who still remembered his inhuman leaped off from the second floor. He must have been some high jumper or very great at sports, Sehun's sister too, she jumped off the roof while holding the baby.... Strange, Kai thought to himself. 

"Yah Zitao, when did you become such a pig?" Sehun asked with his jaw slightly dropped. Tao stopped in his tracks. 

"Zi--?" Tao dropped his utensils and reached over where he slapped Sehun on the head. "Yah I told you I'm Tao! Why are you calling me Zitai?!" 

Everyone watched in surprised while Sehun had a hand on his head where he had gotten hit. Sehun who was now super confused asked through fast blinking eyes, "Why? What's wrong with your original name?"

"What? Your? MY original name?!"

"Yeah why are you acting like this? Aish" Sehun rubbed the lasting sting on his head until Tao mercilessly turned to Ga In. 

"Who's he?" Tao finally asked, not that he wasn't curious before but this time he thought he should ask. 

"My younger brother..." Ga In replied and both Kai and Sehun looked over dumbfounded. 

"Wait, why are you asking about me?" Sehun asked one hand to his chest while his other remained on his head. Except this time his brains were hurting rather than his head. 

Tao eyed the foreigner looking boy, "Are you asking because you don't know?" Ga In quickly stopped their conversations. It was obvious she had forgotten to tell Sehun of Zitao’s death from two years ago. And that Tao had no clue Sehun never knew, after all they used to be close. And the fact that Tao is usually absent minded and boost about being a Gumiho may shock Kai, thus she delayed their conversation. 

Ga In pulled Tao and Sehun into another room in order to keep Kai out of ear shot. Jae Rim ate beside Kai and the two just watched as the other two were dragged by Ga In out of the diningroom. "Will they be okay?" Kai asked in uncertainly whilst Jae Rim tried to read the whole situation. Then he gave up halfway.

"Dead?!" Sehun took a glance at Tao's figure then back to his sister, who was seated across from him and with Tao. "But.... He looks just like Zitao.... Their names too are familiar...."

"I know.... Tao is Zitao’s reincarnation.... Zitao died a few years after you left for Japan so I couldn't contact you." Ga In tried to explain while Sehun keep peeking at Tao. 

Tao was sitting on the cushion beside Ga In facing the wall directly across from the room. He shook his head most of the time in disbelief. Sehun is Ga In's brother, his brother-in-law. 

"I see...." Tao was a bit surprised when he heard Sehun's single sentence. He sounded like some professional full of knowledge and experiences. And Tao hated it most especially when Sehun also sounded cool.

"Wae do you have a problem with it?" Tao asked from the side and Sehun shook his head. 

"I'm glad you came back and that Ga In found you again. You guys must be fated." Sehun said calmly and Tao didn't have anything to say afterwards.

Before the conversation ended Tao and Sehun locked eyes for some time. 

Tao ruffled his hair as he sat upright on the bed. "Ahhhh" he groaned then trail off when he realized it was another morning. He looked around him and as he had expected, Ga In must have gotten up early again. Or was it just Tao who always over slept?

Tao headed downstairs just to find that Kai, Sehun, and Ga In were about to take off. Sehun spotted Tao first and formally bowed as Tao made his way down the stairs. "Ga In, where are you guys going?" 

Sounding like a whining child, Ga In threw her jacket on and looked toward his direction. "Oh you're up early. Kai has an audition today so I'm dropping them off at the scheduled location." She explained as Kai moved to open the door and Tao finally stopped on the last step. 

"Oh really? Then hurry back I'll be waiting." Tao said directing it to Ga In but Sehun answered. 

"If Kai passes we'll be staying near the company so we might not be coming back for some time."

"Yah I wasn't talking to you." Tao said and without waiting for an explanation he spun on his heels and headed into the kitchen. Sehun sighed deeply,

"I don't think I'll be able to get used to this new Zitao." 

Ga In giggled a little then led them to her car, parked in the garage. 

Tao stepped into the kitchen, again, to find Rap Monster and Jimin fighting over who gets to hold and feed the toddler. Tao sighed and was disappointed "where did the masculine son go?" He thought to himself before making his way behind them and opened the fridge. 

"Aish Rap Monster hyung let me hold her for today!" Jimin shouted when Rap Monster pushed him away. 

"No! You should give it a rest already! I'm older than you anyways!"

"Ah c'mon! Let me hold her! I don't know when dad Baekhyun might come back so let me hold her please!" 

"No way! She's my sister and you can't touch her!" Rap Monster growled back. 

"She's my sister too--!" Tao slapped the both of them on the back of their heads in which they groaned and dramatically exaggerated the sting. Rap Monster turned around and in a loud voice,

"What the heck dad?!" 

Tao drew in his breath, "You cockly fool! Why are you two fighting over your sister? Why don't you two go do something more productive instead of wasting your time fighting over a girl?!" Tao stopped himself when Rap Monster and Jimin didn't react. Instead they stared blankly at him. "What?" Tao asked. 

"You're telling us to do that but you're exactly like us dad." Rap Monster pointed out. 

"You're always around mom Ga In." Jimin added in agreement to Rap Monster's statement. Tao thought for a second then averted the attention to Jimin. 

"You! Why are you using her name? Why is it mom Ga In?" Tao asked in hope that they would fell for the change of topic. 

"Why can't I?" Jimin asked calmly, "Is mom's name not Ga In?" 

Tao felt the two cornering him. And it wasn't a very good feeling. 

"Dad, since you've brought it up. How come I never see you work outside the house? Or just in general?" Rap Monster asked as he crossed his arms. 

Both of the boys' attention were focused on Tao, leaving Sunny to sit alone on the counter until Jae Rim came in and grabbed Sunny away from their noticed. 

"I--Why should I work when we're already rich?!" Tao shouted. Then he suddenly remembered something. He recalled promising Ga In that he would be a good husband and father to his three children. And with that thought in mind his rage was replaced with a more friendly and gentle aura. "Ah I'll work. I'll work soon, so let's all work together okay?" Then Tao slipped away leaving his two sons to watch in a gaped. 

"Did he just--?" Rap Monster started but then Jimin nodded, he knew what the older man was going to say. That their father has gone insane.

"SUNNY?!" They finally noticed that she was no longer sitting on the counter. They slapped their hands to where was earlier hoping she didn't vanished into midair. Then they look at each other.

"The only other person that is still in the house is...?" Jimin a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter