Chapter 2

Breaking Her Labyrinth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

120 years later - Modern Day

Tao is relaxing on the long black leather sofa in his father’s office, a book covering his face while his whole body covers the whole sofa. His father, Jang Kwang, is shuffling through some paperwork at his own desk. The younger latter sighs heavily and Kwang raises his eyes, peeking over. Then his question shot Tao sitting straight up, after throwing the book off his face. “Do you want a new manager?”

Tao’s cheekbones flare up and a deep smile quickly forms on his pale face. “Really?! I can get a new manager?” His father chuckles before nodding,

“Yeah, when Jae Rim was around you never bothered me. Now that he’s by Lay’s side, you’re always here making a ruckus.” Tao ran over as fast as he could and slams his palms onto his father’s desk still wearing the huge smile.

“You promised! Don’t forget that Boss! I’ll be waiting for the news!” Tao takes big steps before reaching the door, making his way out before his father could continue; he pulls a victorious fist towards himself. Then to himself he declares, “Just watch, Jang Lay hyung. Once my manager arrives we’ll step over you and I will definitely become the owner of Jang's Hotel!” His eyes read “determination” and he jogs down the empty hall of the huge five-star-hotel building, laughing with joy.  

Ga In is traveling through an empty and tiny street carrying the groceries her best friend has asked her to purchase. Inside a small and well-organized restaurant with flowery paint walls, a set of six tables with four chairs each. Ga In enters and a few customers lay eyes on her but no one greeted her. She went through to the employees’ room in the back and spots Song Ok Suk cleaning the ground.  At the sight of Ga In, she shot up from her kneeling position with a guilty smile on her face, “Oh Ga In! You’re back already?”

Ga In nods and smile, she motions for Ok Suk to see the bag of groceries. “I bought what you requested. And didn’t I say I would clean today?” Ok Suk laughs nervously,

“I was just—“Ga In gestures for her to spit it out and that there was no point in making any excuses. Ok Suk suddenly felt irritated, “Yah, even though you’re 500 years old, by our appearances, I’m still older than you. Aish, putting me in a rough spot.” Ok Suk pushes pass Ga In who was wearing a smile, Ok Suk will never change.

Once lunch was over, the restaurant became empty and quiet. Ok Suk was cooking in the kitchen, her all-time favorite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter