Sequel (3): Like Mother, Like Son

Breaking Her Labyrinth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10 Years Later (In Gumiho years, they age twice as fast. So it's really 20 years)

"Dad--!" Rap Monster stop in his tracks when he noticed Tao in his fox form, sleeping on the bed. Ga In who was in the kitchen boiling chicken heard repeated thumps running down the stairs. Rap Monster was panting and wiped his imaginery sweats, "Mom! D-Dad is (catches breath) in his fox appearance!" Rap Monster stated in a loud and heavy raspy voice. Ga In laughed, 

"Are you afraid he'll bite you again? Leave him be, he'll come down when he smell food." Ga In reached for a rag and dried her wet hands with them. Rap Monster placed a hand on his chest as it slowly return to normal. 

"Oh, are you cooking again?" they heard Jae Rim's voice as he entered the kitchen. 

"Gramps!" Rap Monster quickly ran over and stood beside him as the two hungry men leaned over the pot with the cooking chicken. Ga In was cutting onions now and just flashed a smile at their backs. 

"Oh good morning Namjoon-ah." Jae Rim turned a little to see the boy swallowing his own saliva while staring at the tasty food. Once Jae Rim used Rap Monster's real name, he spinned his head quickly to the older latter. 

"Gramps it's Rap Monster, not Namjoon." 

"What's the difference?" 

"You know why I don't like Namjoon gramps" Rap Monster begin complaining. 

"I knew?" Jae Rim teased, Rap Monster drew in his breath. 

"Gramps, you knew my father named me Namjoon because he thought I would look good as Jang's Hotel leader one day, but this time period is different." Rap Monster looked around ready to passed the secret to Jae Rim, the house phone rang and Ga In left to answer it, Rap Monster smirked a little then leaned closer to Jae Rim, "Now, if Korean people have American names, they're cool. It's the new thing." Rap Monster whispered before moving away, Jae Rim crooked his head a little to the side. He couldn't understand the new way of children these days and instead smile and nodded. 

"Okay." 

Rap Monster rolled his eyes when Jae Rim show no support or enthusiasm to the whole idea. 

Tao was dressed in his Kung Fu Panda pajamas when he leaped off the second floor and landed on the first. Jae Rim who was seated at the table ready to eat turned around in his seat and looked with no reactions. Rap Monster on the other hand was surprised to see his father, and especially the pajamas. Tao regained his composure when he noticed the stares, he walked to the diningroom and ignore Jae Rim, then he stopped before Rap Monster. "Where's your mother?" 

"Uh.... She...." 

Tao grew inpatient, "Never mind I'll go find her myself." Tao left the room, his head held high and mighty. Rap Monster scratched his head. Then he smelled something burning and quickly turn to the chicken. Before he could react Jae Rim rushed over and turned the stove off. 

"Poor chicken..." He whimpered and Rap Monster's eyes grew wide. 

 

Tao wandered the whole mansion and saw no signs of Ga In. "Is she not home....?" He asked himself. And then the strong burnt smell reached him, dashing through the halls he was in the kitchen less than a minute. "What the--!" He saw Ga In standing between Jae Rim and Rap Monster. The three turned around at his angry toned. "W-what are you guys doing?" He asked turning it down a notched. 

"Oh you're up?" Ga In asked as she turned the overcooked chicken onto its side and cut it. 

"Yeah... you were here?" Tao answered then questioned. Ga In looked from Tao to the other two, she wasn't sure if the question was directly towards her. Then she pointed to herself and mouthed "me?", Tao cleared his throat and avoid making eye contacts. Ga In knitted her brows a little then something clicked in her mind. 

"Oh Tao, would you mind taking the family out for breakfast? I have to leave soon for an appointment and I don't think I'll be able to cook our son and father breakfast." Ga In explained, Tao was dumbfounded. What family if Ga In wasn't included? 

"Oh.... Sure, but where are you going?" 

"Tea with Madam Seo." Ga In bluntly replied, Tao nodded that he understood, and Ga In pushed Rap Monster and Jae Rim to Tao. "Then have fun, I'm going to go get ready and leave too." Ga In called as she departed from the three. Rap Monster wasn't pleased with the idea of being stuck with his father for breakfast, the man whines too much. 

"You heard the boss." Jae Rim said and gestured for them to leave. 

 

Jae Rim walked between Tao and Rap Monster, although they're biological father and son, they appeared as strangers to one another. Rap Monster on the side hope the day would zoomed by, Tao on the other end could only complain about a breakfast without Ga In. Over the years, Ga In became Tao's obsession and he denied that fact. 

"Soju?!" Jae Rim asked. The oldest Gumiho surprised Tao and Rap Monster. Tao placed the soju bottle on the center of the table and sat down. He sat across from his son. 

"Why? You don't like it?" Tao asked with a blank expression. 

"No but.... why would you give your son soju?" Jae Rim asked Tao quietly. Instead of reconsidering the thought, he played innocent. 

"Why would I keep good and tasty things away from him?" 

Rap Monster stared at the two adult when the waitress walked over to him. 

"Would you like to order anything else?" 

Rap Monster noticed the waitress and quickly regained his posture, "Oh, you can take my father and gramps orders first." He said politely pointing to them, Tao and the waitress's jaws dropped at the same time. 

"G-gramps?" Tao asked looking directly at Rap Monster. The waitress was stunned. 

"F-father? Oh sorry.... I thought you all were friends.... You don't look like father and son...." the waitress embarrassingly murmured. Rap Monster let out a chuckle, 

"Ha-ha I was just kidding.... They're my friends haha." Rap Monster lied to kill the suspicion. The waitress giggle alongside him. 

"You tricked me~You look older than him anyways." The girl pointed to Tao and Jae Rim burst into laughter. Tao glare at Jae Rim who covered his mouth with his hand, Rap Monster quickly turn back to the waitress. 

"If you don't mind can we get some rib eye steaks?" Rap Monster quickly ordered for the whole party, the girl giggle and bowed before leaving Rap Monster's side.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter