Chapter 18

Breaking Her Labyrinth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris fell against the ground and groan. "Aish, why isn't anyone picking up their phone? If they know I let Tao disappear during my watch they'll really kill me." Kris got up and starts towards the Red Garden resort again. 

Lay tosses the knife towards Taehee and turn his attention to Jae Rim and Ga In. Tao pull Taehee towards him and out of the way, then he notice Jae Rim and Lay had started a fist fight. "Head for the mountains!" Jae Rim calls, Ga In calls for Tao and Taehee to follow. Lay scoffs when the three had started running off. 

"So, in the end it comes down to just us?" Lay asks panting a little. Jae Rim's bangs were messed up due to having to fight with speed. 

"Do you really have to do this? Tao is your brother." Lay scoffs. 

"Brother? Jae Rim's son is my brother? Does that makes any sense?" 

"Lay, Tao was my son. He died years ago and was reborn as your brother." 

"Really? Then how come he's a gumiho again this time?" Jae Rim wasn't sure why, he was only aware that Tao's gumiho aura was growing and increasing, soon he'll become a full gumiho and go through the process again. The process of being forced to live as a fox for five decades before he can freely transforms from fox to human and human to fox. That also means staying away from hunters and people who harms foxes. "Of course you don't know the answer to it." Lay sighs. Jae Rim can't really do anything but stop Lay from hurting the ones he's discovered as gumihos. 

"I'll have Tao and Han Ga In live deep in the mountains, away from people. So, can't you just return to your position? Take over Jang's Hotel like you've always wanted to?" Lay respond with a cold smile that froze Jae Rim's heart. 

"I enjoy the position of being the president at a five star hotel, but I loved the color of gumiho's blood even more." They stare at each other without talking for a bit until Kris appeared behind Jae Rim panting after the long run. 

"Lay~Ga In~Jae Rim~" they turn their focus on Kris who was catching his breath after calling out their names. 

"Kris?" Jae Rim mumble. 

"W-wait" Kris held up a finger, motioning for them to stop all activites and watch him recover from panting before continuing. Kris stood up straight and exhale heavily, "T-Tao boss, is gone. AISH!" He growl still recovering. Lay and Jae Rim watch silently. 

Ga In held onto one of Taehee's arms while Tao grabbed onto her other. She was limping after twisting her ankle running downhill. Before they entered the forest Taehee stops the two from proceeding. "You guys go ahead, I need to go back." Tao was surprise and Ga In slowly loosen her grip. 

"What do you mean? Why are you going back?" Tao asks, his dark eyes sparkling under the moonlight. Taehee smiled at him, her smile that used to brighten his whole world. 

"No matter what, I still love Lay oppa." then as she begins limping back, Tao stops her while Ga In watch quietly from the side. 

"Taehee, if you're going to go back let's go back together." 

"No, take Ga In and go! (turns to Ga In) Unnie, take Tao and go please!" Ga In reach over to grab Tao but he dug his fingers into Taehee's sleeved jacket. 

"Taehee noona! Let's go together!" After a while of struggling Ga In uses her gumiho strenght and rip him off her. 

"Tao!" Ga In calls while Tao fights to grab Taehee again. She turn away and walks

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter