Sequel (2): Vacation!

Breaking Her Labyrinth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Tao slammed his large luggage shut. "There." He exclaimed and clapped his hands together to get rid of the imaginary dusts. Jae Rim poked his head in to check on his ex-son. He blinked a few times before Tao caught him gazing. "OH! YOU SCARED ME!" Tao shouted across the room. 

"What are you doing?" Jae Rim asked innocently. A huge smile spread across his face. 

"Hawaii." 

"Alone?" Jae Rim teased and Tao made a face. 

"OF COURSE NOT! I wouldn't leave Ga In with you, you old ert!" 

Jae Rim crooked an eyebrow and acknowledged his point. "Then I don't get to come along?" 

Tao scoffed, "Ha! It's our honeymoon moon. You're the reason we're going to Hawaii!" 

"But you could just go to Jeju, why Hawaii?" 

Tao kept silent, Jae Rim had a point. 

"Manager Song~!" They could hear Baekhyun's voice downstairs. 

"W-was that Lay's grandson?" 

"Yeah, well have fun." Jae Rim tapped the edge of the door then was about to depart, when he heard Tao chuckle and stopped. "What's funny?" 

"Are you dating him? Aish so funny." 

Jae Rim didn't get Tao's meaningless mocking so he left after shaking his head. Tao's laugh filled the room. 

Ga In was talking to Baekhyun downstairs, she had just returned from eating out with an entrepreneur. Baekhyun was blushing and shy around Ga In, so he remained silent. Until Jae Rim came around and was seen from the first floor while standing on the second. Once Jae Rim reached them, Baekhyun smiled shyly and hid behind Jae Rim's back. Jae Rim didn't mind and instead started a conversation with Ga In.

"Oh you're home?"

"Yeah." Ga In replied with a slight smile.

"About the trip, how long will you two be gone?"

"Maybe one week."

Then Baekhyun jumped in, "Wait you're going somewhere?!" Ga In nodded and Jae Rim looked over his shoulder, directly into Baekhyun's eyes.

"Then I'm going to go pack, please look after the house." 

Jae Rim nodded and smile, once Ga In passes he could hear Baekhyun whimper. He laugh quietly to himself, Baekhyun was so different from Lay that it was amusing to Jae Rim. If only he knew more about Suho, Baekhyun's personality must have came from his father and not his grandfather. 

Ga In stepped into the room, Tao was lying on the bed, napping. She folded her arms across her chest and smiled at him without revealing her teeth. Tao snored and his mouth was open. Ga In just got to packing, without worrying whether to wake the lazy bun up or not. 

 

On their drive to the airport, Tao was hurt that all of Ga In's belongings went into one backpack, when he himself packed at least a year's trip. Ga In drove them to the airport when Tao still haven't gotten his driver's license. "Ga In, the honeymoon is supposed to last at least a month. Can't you go back and pack more so it doesn't make me look bad?!" 

"Honeymoon are only for married couples." Ga In pointed out. Tao stared at her with wide eyes. 

"Are you saying we're not a couple?!"

"Tao the key word is married."

Tao scoffed and pulled onto his seat belt so he could lean closer to her. "We've been together for at least 51 years, if that's not a married couple then what is it?" 

"For the record 99% of the time you were a fox, my pet." Ga In reminded him, Tao saw that it was a useless trying to argue, so he let the belt tighten around him as he leaned back. 

Once they arrived at the airport, Tao handed his luggage to Ga In and took her backpack from her. "It has wheels so just pull it." He said and walked toward the entrance, Ga In wanted to laugh at his childish act, instead she follow. 

Once they aboard the plane, Tao angrily sat near the window. Ga In sat to his right and relaxed after putting the suitcase in the trunk above them. During the ride, Tao fell asleep and leaned against Ga In's shoulder. She couldn't stop smiling and blushing and after a while she fell asleep too, leaning the side of her head against his.

Tao's eyes flutterred open slowly eight hours later, he sat up quickly realizing that he was leaning on Ga In's shoulder. She was watching a comedy film being played for the rest of the crew to watch. She was so engaged that she didn't noticed Tao waking up and moving away from her, then from the side he just gazed at her. Smiling whenever Ga In was on the verge of laughing. The whole ride went on like that until Ga In noticed the staring Tao, they only exchanged smiles and admire one another without talking. 

They finally landed in Hawaii, 10 hours later. A taxi came to pick them up and took them to a reserved house near the beach. Tao made puppy eyes when he was begging for Ga In to unpack for him while he check out the beach, Ga In couldn't resist his desperate look and ended up unpacking for him. Tao screamed and ran along the beach, without caring what the other visators were doing or thinking, he ran as fast as he could towards the sea water. 

Ga In watched from the porch after she finished her given task. She saw Tao running on the beach, his arms were held out as he let the cool breeze hit his body. He was barefooted and that was dangerous, once in a while Ga In feared a stick will stabbed into his barefoot or cut him. But sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter