Chapter 3

Breaking Her Labyrinth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two years before: Taehee's confession

It was just another day where his older brother, Jang Lay, is still climbing the ladder to stardom and gaining popularity with Jae Rim by his side. For someone who is active and outgoing, Tao was the opposite that day. He was planning how he should confess to Taehee, a noona who was no more than four years older than him. She attended the same college as Lay and due to him saving her multiple times, she fell for him.

Night came and the two have promised to meet and settled its time and location. Tao's room at 9:00. Tao was napping on the furry white couch in his room, like he usually does when he’s bored. Taehee snuck in and flicked the tip of his big nose, alarmed he throw his arms and legs up hoping to scare off whatever it was. Tao found himself looking into the eyes of a surprised Taehee, which led him to cover his embarrassed face into his palms.  

Taehee and Tao sat side by side, and when Tao was about to reach into his pockets and pull out the necklace he has personally had it forged, she spoke, “Tao-baba, I know we both have something to discuss but can noona go first?” Tao smile and shook his head, half listening and half dying of nervousness. “I, I like Lay a lot, but does he have a girlfriend?”

“Huh?” Tao was sure he heard exactly what she had said, but when he sounded like he has missed what she said, she explained.

“Although I’m Lay’s age, you and I have been friends for so long and you’re like my younger brother. However, you’re Lay’s younger brother; do you think it will be alright if I confess to him? That I love him?” Tao’s heart sinks at the word love. Speechless, he turns away from her and she sighs depressingly. Tao no longer wanted to be in the same room with her, it was suffocating him on the inside. To avoid further conve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter