5: The "Cousin"

It's Complicated.

Regular - Korean | Bold - English Italicized - Chinese


Narrator's POV

"-neo chincha isanghae" Chaerin laughed as she and Jooyoung walked around the streets of Myeongdong. "you know, you didn't have to tell me that you twerk in the shower"

"I'm comfortable saying things in front of my friends, and you're basically stuck with me Rinnie so ha" he said "I have to teach you the ropes around my school, transferee"

"when does school start again?" she asked

"next week, our school year is different than the one in America" Jooyoung said

"this is so not fair, I just finished my junior year last month" Chaerin said "now I start again as a senior next week?"

"life's not fair?" he said

"shut up" she muttered hitting his back.

"Stay here, I'm gonna go in that shop for a bathroom break" Jooyoung said disappearing.

The girl went on her phone, surprised to see a call from Jasmine "hello? Jasmine?"

"Cherry! You haven't called me in two days! I've been so bored!" Jasmine whined

"paying long distance is an " Chaerin chuckled "sorry, I've been preparing for school"

"school? We just ended last month" Jasmine said

"school terms are different here" she pouted 

"ouch that " Jasmine said "how is it so far in a different country?"

"I actually really like it here, you can get food outside at like 1 am and it's totally cool" Chaerin smiled "the only things I'm having difficulties with are the manners"

"manners?" Jasmine asked

"like the culture here is really respectful" Chaerin said "if someone disrupts you and they're older, you have to bow when they bow. I think you basically have to bow for everything"

"that's gonna be hard to adjust for you" Jasmine snickered "You're Ms. '-Get-Out-My-Way'"

"am not...I'm nice most of the time" Chaerin said

"what if it was Daniel?" she asked

"Then I would have told him to watch where his was going and punch him, just cuz. Like , no" Chaerin cursed and someone bumped into her. The girl's American-style came out and she glared at the person "excuse you, do you have eyes?"

"sorry" the person - who turned to be a boy around her age - bowed half-heartedly in an accent

"I can speak Korean" Chaerin rolled her eyes "Jas, I'm going to call you later. Bye"

"then why didn't you speak to me in Korean?" the boy asked "no manners"

"I'm not the one who's speaking without formalities" Chaerin crossed her arms

"well-"

"Rinnie-ya" Jooyoung said exiting the place. He stared at the boy and his eyes narrowed 

"wah, Park Jooyoung. Pleasure to see you out here" he said

"Joojoo-ya, you know him?" Chaerin asked

"Joojoo? Nuguya?" the boy said nodding his head at Chaerin

"none of your business, a chingu" Jooyoung said, his jaw tense. He grabbed Chaerin's wrist and dragged her away without another word.

"yah" Chaerin said as he finally came to a stop "who was that? How do you know him?"

"his name is Jeon Jungho" Jooyoung sighed letting go of her wrist "he goes to our school"

"you seem to hate him" Chaerin said "I mean, I don't see why not, he seems like a total douche for crying out loud"

"he's a self-centered cocky little , trust me" Jooyoung scoffed "All the girls love him. Even the teachers like him. He can beat up anyone in the school, but he doesn't"

"why?" Chaerin asked

"his parents. He doesn't want to disappoint them" Jooyoung said "his dad was an idol back in the days too, with our dads"

"him too?" she asked "who?"

"his dad was called the 'Golden Maknae'. Jeon Jungkook." Jooyoung said

"Golden Maknae?" Chaerin said confused

"Yeah, it was his dad's nickname, apparently because he could do anything well. Singing, dancing, rapping, sketching, name it and apparently Jungho's dad could do it" Jooyoung said "he was part of a group called Bangtan Sonyeondan. One of the members - Rap Monster - is best friends with Jackson samchun"

"Rap Monster. Bangtan Sonyeondan. That sounds more ridiculous than GOT7" Chaerin snorted

"when school starts, I advise you to steer clear of Jungho" Jooyoung said "just stick with me"

"I intend to Joojoo" she said "aren't we like cousins?"

"how?" he said

"because our appas are like brothers and my appa told me before that Jinyoung samchun is my godfather" Chaerin said "wait, that was supposed to be kept secret. Whoops. Don't tell Jackson or Bambam samchun"

"I won't" Jooyoung laughed "but..I guess if you put it that way, then yeah. We're cousins"

***

The next week came by quickly and before Chaerin knew it, it was the first day of school. The girl sent a quick text to Jason, letting him know that today was the start of her senior year. Chaerin took a quick shower, styled her hair into curly ponytail, and changed into her new uniform

"who knew that I'd actually be okay going out in a school uniform?" Chaerin said to herself as she grabbed her things. Jooyoung agreed to meet up with her before school started by a cafe.

"first day of school agassi?" the receptionist asked. Chaerin stopped and nodded her head, giving her a bow

"deh unnie" she said

"good luck" the receptionist smiled and sent Chaerin on her way. Just as planned, the girl met up with Jooyoung in the cafe. He wasn't hard to miss, a boy with blue hair in a matching school uniform.

"what's up Joojoo" Chaerin said sitting across from him

"morning" he yawned "ready for school?"

"not really" she shrugged

"you'll do fine Rin" Jooyoung stretched "ugh I'm tired"

"it's 8 am" she said "what time does school start?"

"the opening assembly's at 8:30. School's down the block so we shouldn't be late" he said

"so tell me Park Jooyoung. Are you a hotshot?" Chaerin asked

"what's that?" Jooyoung asked

"popular, someone who girls like a lot, will I have to beat girls just to hang out with you?" Chaerin said

"hopefully not" he said "but I can say that the school knows me"

"cocky" the girl chuckled. The two decided to get some coffee before walking over to the school. "ah why am I nervous?"

"because it's your first day?" Jooyoung suggested "welcome to Seoul Arts High School"

"yah, can you show me where the office is?" Chaerin asked

"I'll walk you over to there" Jooyoung said "they'll give you your schedule"

"oh? is she a new girl?"

"wah yeppeoda"

"why is she talking to Jooyoung?"

"nuguya"

"God, I hate people talking about me. I can hear you dammit. I have ears" Chaerin said in English

"wah she speaks English"

"is she from America?"

"why is she here?"

"you look like you're going to kill someone" Jooyoung said looking over at her

"I really don't like people talking about me when I'm right here" Chaerin told him

"you have such a split personality" Jooyoung smiled "aw kiyeowa"

"mianhe, you're not my style" Chaerin said

"yah I'm not even interested in you" he said and stopped "this is the office. Want me to wait for you?"

"can you actually come in with me?" she asked and he nodded letting her enter the office first. Chaerin was greeted by a man and she bowed "annyeonghaseyo"

"you must be the new student from America" he said "I'm Principal Cho."

"Chaerin Tuan imnida" the girl bowed

"ah keurae" he nodded handing her a folder "this is your schedule. We can ask a student to show you around after the assembly"

"annyeonghaseyo Principal Cho" Jooyoung said

"oh Jooyoung-ah, how was your summer?" he asked warmly

"it was good, and yours?" Jooyoung asked

"relaxing" the principal laughed "so, why are you here? Did you need something?"

"I'm actually here with Chaerin" Jooyoung said

"oh, you two know each other?" he asked

"deh, she's my cousin" Jooyoung said and Chaerin stifled her laughter

"chincha?" Principal Cho asked

"Chaerin is my appa's goddaughter" Jooyoung said

"ah your fathers were groupmates" the Principal laughed "in that case, you can show her around"

"deh" Jooyoung nodded and they got dismissed. "yah, lemme see your schedule"

"okay" Chaerin said handing him the paper "do we have any classes together?"

"your schedule's so complicated omo" Jooyoung said "but we have two classes together. Vocals and Biology"

"better two than none" Chaerin shrugged

"let's go to the assembly" Jooyoung said leading her towards the gym.


A/N
 
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD. KIM YUGYEOM. HOW DARE YOU. THIS MAKNAE IS GIVING ME SO MUCH FEELS RIGHT NOW LIKE I CAN'T.

I personally think that when Yugyeom dances, he's hawt like fire. UNF




Baby be battling with Jackson hyung. You know what I see? Yubooty. Like damn bruh



This maknae be slaying me up jfc

Yugyeom K-pop slays me.
Subscribe, comment, and upvote~
-Yuni