23) Goodbye Doesn't Mean Forever

It's Complicated.

Narrator's POV

Jungho's departure arrived quicker than the two wanted. Within a day, the news of the boy's acceptance as a trainee spread through the school like wildfire.

"I'm leaving tomorrow" Jungho sighed zipping up his last luggage bag. Chaerin, who sat cross-legged on his bed, hugged his pillow and nodded

"I know" she said simply

"what do you want to do today jagi? It's only 10 am, we still have the whole day in front of us" he said sitting in front of her "we can go out to the amusement park, go take a trip to the country side, whatever you want"

"let's just stay in, I'm not really feeling much like going out" she answered

"are you sure?" Jungho raised his eyebrow at her "you don't want to do anything?"

"as long as I am with you today, then I'm fine" she said reaching over to hold his hand "we can cook something first then watch this new movie that's out. What do you say?"

"sounds like a plan" he smiled pulling her up from the bed. the couple exited his room and walked down the stars, into the kitchen. It was Saturday today, Yurin was out at a birthday party/sleepover and wouldn't be home until later that night, Jungho's parents were running a lot of errands, so the two had the house to themselves. "I forgot to tell you"

"about?" Chaerin asked as she grabbed an apron. Jungho took the opportunity and sneaked his arms around her waist, tying it for her

"Jooyoung" Jungho said "he apologized"

"he apologized to you?" she asked doubting him

"well i mean, if you count apologizing as 'if you hurt Chaerin, I'll break your face' an apology" he shrugged "I mean, I guess he's accepted the fact that we're dating"

"does he still not understand that you've changed?" she sighed cupping his cheeks "you're a different guy now"

"give him time, jagi. I did a huge jackass-y thing to him, I understand if he's still not over it" Jungho shrugged "I just hope that he'll accept me when he sees how long we last. I don't think we could ever get married if he still hates me, I don't care what you say, he still matters a lot to you"

"who said I was getting married to you?" Chaerin smirked. He scoffed and hugged her waist tightly

"I did" Jungho replied pressing a kiss on her cheek "now, what are you going to make?"

"your favorite" she said "pork soup rice and sashimi"

"I literally love you so much" Jungho held her closer, resting his chin on her shoulder as she began to cook. The girl chuckled and nudged him with her elbow

"yah, I need space" she whined

"but I need you" he responded. She cringed a little at his cheesiness, but smiled nonetheless at his cuteness

"let's make a deal. Let me cook for you for 30 minutes, then we can eat and watch a movie and cuddle all you want" Chaerin said

"arasso-"

"but you can't touch me at all during the time I'm cooking" she cut him off

He was taken aback with the catch, frowning as he pulled away, "but jagiya~ that's not fair!"

Chaerin turned around and gave him a hug, whispering slyly in his ear "if you're a good boy, I'll give you a little present later"

He smirked "you're such a tease, fine. I'll be in the theater, searching for a movie"

"you go do that, babe" she said turning around and proceeding with the cooking. Just as she promised, within 30 minutes she cooked him a meal and now they sat in the basement, devouring the food, and watching a variety show. "Running Man's great, I'm so glad it's still going on"

"hey" Jungho said after a few minutes "I have a present for you"

"you do?" she asked

"I was going to do it tomorrow, but I really couldn't wait" he said taking something out of his pocket, it was a gold treble clef necklace. The girl gasped

"it's so pretty Jungho-ya, I love it" she smiled giving him a hug

"there's more" he said pulling out a silver circular music note necklace "it's a couple thing"

"aww" Chaerin said holding the charm of his necklace

"it fits perfectly, and you know I thought it would work for us, because music is our big thing" Jungho said attaching the necklace for her "it also has our anniversary date on it, the real one"

"you're so sweet" she said placing a gentle kiss on his lips "I love you"

The two then proceeded to watch a movie, it was a romcom, the usual. As if they couldn't be separated, she was sitting in the middle of his legs, Jungho's arms over her body like he was bear-hugging her. Towards the middle of the movie, they were no longer paying attention to the screen and rather having a busy time of their own. ; )

*

The next morning, Chaerin joined Jungho and his family at the airport to bid her boyfriend goodbye for God knows how long. She promised him that she'll finish the school year before visiting him in LA, he was upset that he had to wait that long, but he understood that she still had priorities. Yurin had already burst into tears before they arrived at the airport and Jungho was currently consoling her

"-yah, I promise I'll come back as soon as I can. Uljima Yurinnie" he said her hair "we'll see each other soon, I promise. Oppa will call you everyday and wish you goodnight"

"will oppa still sing to me when I can't sleep?" she sniffled

"always" Jungho reassured puckering out his lips. Instinctively, she pecked them and hugged his neck tightly

"I'll miss you oppa"

"nado, saranghae nae dongsaeng" he sighed pressing a kiss on her crown. He then said goodbye to his parents, before moving on to Chaerin, who was waiting patiently for her turn, her hands on Yurin's shoulders.

"uri ttal, come here" Yumi said reaching her hand out to the young girl. Obediently, Yurin walked over to her parents. Jungho took her hands in his

"this is it" Chaerin sighed trying to ease the mood with a chuckle

"this is it" he nodded. The two then silenced and hugged, for what seemed like the longest time

"if you ever need something, call my parents. They'd surely help you" she said pulling away "train well, be a big star, oh and my best friends are dying to meet you"

"I'll call you as soon as I land, promise" Jungho said "I'll miss you"

"I'll miss you more" she said

"no, you have no idea how much I'm going to miss you" he said giving her a gentle kiss, whispering before he pulled away "I love you"

She was stunned at that kiss, but as if on instinct, whispering it back. He gave her another hug and smiled at both her and his family. Waving as he made his way over into the terminal. Jungkook put his hand on Chaerin's shoulder "he really loves you, Chaerin. You're not someone he takes lightly"

"unnie" Yurin asked tugging her arm. Chaerin smiled and looked at her "are you and oppa going to get married?"

The three adults looked at her in mild shock. Chaerin began to blush, but tried to handle the situation lightly "molla, Yurin-ah. wae?"

"because seonsaengnim told us that when a boy and a girl love each other, they get married" she said innocently

Her mother smiled "they're still too young for that, uri ttal"

"but they love each other right? appa said so" Yurin said

"you're right Yurinnie, me and your oppa do love each other." Chaerin said "but your oppa has to ask me first before we can get married"

"I'll tell oppa to ask you unnie, don't worry" Yurin said

"bwoh?" Chaerin chuckled "arasso, I'll count on you"

"okay uri ttal, you said you need to peepee right? let's go to the bathroom" Yumi said leading her daughter away.

"samchun" Chaerin said as she and Jungkook were left alone "can I ask you something?"

"sure, dear.  What's on your mind?" he asked

"h-how do you know that Jungho's only committed to me? I mean...I say it to everyone else, and I remind myself that he is and that he's not the kind to cheat on me or whatever, but...I don't know" she muttered

"you still can't help but contradict your mind sometimes?" Jungkook said and she nodded "okay, let me tell you something Chaerin-ah. I know all about him and Jooyoung and Seomin, his first girlfriend. Jungho didn't tell me everything, but I know. I'm his father for crying out loud. I know all about how he's seen as a playboy and all that, but even you should realize that now he's just working hard for his dreams."

"arayo samchun" Chaerin nodded, her attention fully on him

"you're actually his second girlfriend Chaerin-ah, and hopefully his last" Jungkook said "I've seen my son been happy, he said his happiest time was when he was together with Seomin - that was of course before you two started dating - but I know that now is his happiest moment"

"chincha?" she asked

"you make him beyond happy Chaerin-ah, and both me and Yumi are so grateful for that. Before he met you,  you have no idea how angry Jungho really was. Sure, he played a nice facade in public. But he was never genuinely happy, only to Yurin. He was always distant and overworked, he got upset easily, no matter how talented Jungho was at the time, he was never satisfied with himself" Jungkook frowned "seeing that, he got it from me. Yumi has said so herself. When he met you and when he introduced you to us, he opened up again, he started to smile more, you softened him up. It's nice seeing him like this and look, you even got him that trainee position. You're a blessing to him Chaerin"

"aniyo samchun, I didn't get him that though, he got it because of his hard work" she said humbly

"I don't want to sound like a total sap Chaerin-ah, but you are the missing piece to his puzzle. You fit him and his personality and his needs in the most perfect ways and I wouldn't ask for anyone better for my son than you" Jungkook said "I hope you know that if he's too much of a wuss to propose to you in the future, I'll beat him up for it"

The girl laughed

"he loves you Chaerin-ah, only you. I know that for a fact" Jungkook said "he wouldn't dare hurt you"

"komawo samchun, that means a lot" she sighed in relief

"and I don't want to tell you off or something, dear. But sometimes Jungho's still paranoid about you leaving him for Daeyong. I don't think you know this, but he was freaking out a few days ago that because he's leaving for LA, you'll go to Daeyong because you'll be lonely. He almost damn near changed his mind about this whole thing until we sat him down and talked to him" Jungkook said

"s-samchun, I-I wouldn't leave him for Daeyong. I promise, I won't. I wouldn't do that to him, I've made up my mind before and I chose Jungho" Chaerin said

"I know, but sometimes both of you need a little reminder" Jungkook said "oh, they're back."

***

What Jungkook said to Chaerin, really stuck in her head. She was just walking around the neighborhood, taking a casual stroll when she ran into Daeyong

"Chaerin" he said quietly once they encountered

"Daeyong...um hi" she said awkwardly

"do you mind if we talk?" he asked

Unable to refuse, she nodded "sure"

"it's been like 2 months. I was really hurt you know...you just stopped contacting me and then I find out that you chose Jungho over me. You couldn't even tell me in person?" he suddenly said after a while of walking around

"I'm sorry" she apologized

"I can still make you happy" Daeyong said taking her hand. She tried to move her hand away, but he only held on tighter "please give me another chance to-"

"no Daeyong!" she shouted slapping him out of impulse "I made up my mind. I'm sorry, but I chose Jungho. P-please, there are no second chances"

"but Chaerin-"

"I'm sorry, I need to go. I hope you find someone who's worthy of you, someone that's not like me" Chaerin said running away. Hyperventilating a bit, she whipped out her phone automatically giving a call to Jungho. Although he didn't answer - because he was still on his flight - she still left him a message

"h-hey, I know this is really random and all, but I love you. I love you a lot, I really love you. I'd never leave you for someone else. I love you Jeon Jungho. Hope your flight lands safely babe, bye I love you"

She must have said 'I love you' at least 100 times in that message, but she was freaking out after that encounter with Daeyong. "no, Chaerin Tuan. You idiot. This shouldn't bother you, don't be scared around him! You have Jungho and that's all that really matters!"

"um miss..gwenchanayo?" a woman asked, the girl didn't realize that she was talking out loud on the streets

"deh? u-uh deh I'm fine" Chaerin muttered quickly going back to her suite.


A/N Hello my lovers. Sorry that it's been so long since I've updated. I underwent a little writer's block for a few months and school and friends - you know, the usual legit excuse. Hopefully now that school's ending in a few weeks, I'll be more creative and able to update. So this story's going to end pretty soon, just a little heads up bc I sorta don't know where else I would go with this, but I am planning on starting a new story, but I do want your guys' ideas on what to do. Just know that it's starring you, got7, bts, and exo? lol the usual you know. I might add some jackji in there because they're great and I miss them on roommate T-T So leave your thoughts down below on maybe what I should write and yeah! much love!