4: Moving Day(s)

It's Complicated.

Regular - Korean | Bold - English Italicized - Chinese


Narrator's POV

"-your things are already there. I sent them yesterday, they're in your hotel room. Just go to the main K-T hotel and say your name and they'll give you the key arasso?" Subin said as she fussed over Chaerin's carry on and last minute details "you have your credit cards and you already exchanged your dollars into won, next week school information will be given to you. You have everything right?"

"deh umma" Chaerin nodded

"noona, don't worry. We'll watch over her" Jackson said putting his arm around the girl

"besides, Chae won't be alone. My son will be there to help her in school" Jr said

"don't wander around, be careful, the culture's really different there so stick close to Jooyoung" Subin said

"Jooyoung? who's he?" Chaerin asked

"my son" Jr chuckled poking her head

"oh!" she said "oh mian samchun"

"I'll go to Korea in a few months okay?" Mark said giving her a hug "appa wants to spend more time with umma before going back"

"deh appa, just don't give me another dongsaeng, we have enough" Chaerin said and he put her in a headlock "appa! what's with you guys and headlocks?!"

"shh" Mark said letting her go "shh"

"have fun oh? We'll talk soon. Find out what you want to be" Subin smiled giving her a hug "I love you"

"nado umma" Chaerin smiled. She faced Jason "oppa, you look like you're about to cry."

"I'll miss you, sis" Jason said crushing her in a hug "text me when you land"

"I will oppa, take care of Nathan when I'm gone okay?" Chaerin asked

"you got it" he smiled ruffling her hair.

"noona" Nathan said next. He blindly walked over towards her - no that was not a pun. "you're coming back right?"

"of course I'm coming back" she said and kissed his head, whispering "be strong for noona. Don't take what John does to heart. If it bothers you, just call me and I'll ruin him"

"I love you noona" Nathan said. Chaerin gave a gentle smile, giving him a tight hug. The girl gave her goodbyes to Luke and her grandparents, before heading into the airport with the 6 GOT7 members.

"are you scared?" JB asked her as they boarded the plane

"not really scared as much as uncertain" Chaerin said sheepishly "how am I supposed to survive in Korea?"

"you have samchuns" Bambam said "I mean, you have 4 samchuns"

"eh?" she asked

"Jackson hyung's going back to China in a few weeks and I'm going back to Thailand" he answered

"you'll be fine" Yugyeom said patting her shoulder "if you ever need any help, just call us"

***

The seven arrived at Incheon airport the next day, the girl surprised at the unexpected photographers.

"you're still this popular samchun?" Chaerin asked Youngjae "after like 20 years?"

"we haven't disbanded yet" he said patting her head

"oh? Jooyoung-ah" Jr said

"appa" a boy said coming over to give Jr a hug

"are you here by yourself?" he asked

"aniyo, umma's in the bathroom." the boy said sheepishly

"oh, this is good" Jr said grabbing Chaerin by the arm and leading her towards the boy "Chaerin-ah, this is my son. Park Jooyoung. Adeul, this is Chaerin Tuan, Mark hyung's daughter. She's moving here. You two are in the same grade, treat her well oh?"

"deh appa, annyeonghaseyo" Jooyoung bowed to her "Park Jooyoung imnida"

"annyeonghaseyo Chaerin Tuan imnida" she said shyly 

"I didn't expect you coming" Jr said putting an arm around his son "we were going to help Chaerin settle down in her hotel room"

"samchun, you can spend time with your family. I don't mind" Chaerin said "I still have the other samchuns"

"yeah, go ahead hyung" Youngjae said ushering him on

"oh! hyungsoo-nim" JB said

"annyeonghaseyo noona" the boys bowed

"annyeonghaseyo" the woman smiled at them then gave a kiss to Jr

"oh? aren't you miss A's Suzy?" Chaerin tilted her head. The woman smiled and nodded her head "samchun, you married miss A's Suzy?"

"you didn't know?" Jr asked her and Chaerin shook her head

"annyeonghaseyo" Chaerin bowed "Chaerin Tuan imnida"

"oh! you're Mark's daughter" Suzy smiled warmly "it's great to finally meet you"

"umma, we should help Chaerin settle down with the other samchuns" Jooyoung said

"ah aniyo, gwenchana" she shook her head

"oh we'd be glad to help" Suzy said

"are you sure?" Jr asked her and she nodded

"kaja?" JB asked

"umma said to go to the main K-T hotel...I don't know where that it" Chaerin said sheepishly

"it's about half an hour from here" Suzy said "let's go"

***

The group of them arrived at the hotel and Chaerin walked ahead to the desk

"how may I help you, miss?" the receptionist smiled

"uh...I'm Chaerin Tuan, my umma said that I will stay here, at her hotel" the girl said shyly

"oh you're Miss Tuan? T of the K-T" the receptionist said looking for her room key

"is that really what the T stands for...woah" Chaerin said

"igeoyo, agassi" the receptionist said handing her a card "this is the key to your room, it is on the top floor, middle room"

"deh, kamsahamnida" Chaerin gave a smile before walking back towards the adults - and Jooyoung

"you didn't bow?" Jooyoung noticed

"w-was I supposed to?" Chaerin asked "I only learned to bow when greeting hello and saying goodbye"

"she doesn't really know our culture Jooyoung-ah" JB said "you'll have to teach her our manners when school comes around"

"elevator..elevator" Chaerin mumbled as she looked around. "elevator!"

"yah, how come now that you've left LA, you speak English randomly?" Bambam asked

"molla" she shrugged "I'm weird. The elevator is there"

Chaerin led the group up the elevator to the top floor, using the card to open the door of the middle room (there were only 5 rooms up there).

"holy hell" Chaerin said as she stepped inside the hotel room.

"wah. daebak" Jackson said walking around "why doesn't noona give us a room like this?"

"be noona's daughter first" Jr said hitting his head.

"wah, look at this" Jooyoung said running to the balcony "this is a sick pool."

"holy, look at this bathroom. It's half bathroom, half sauna" Yugyeom said amazed.

"man, I knew umma was rich, but I didn't know she was this rich" Chaerin said looking around "oh! there are my boxes"

"what do you have in there?" Jooyoung asked walking over with her. The adults bailed on helping unload and were playing around her hotel room.

"oh my God! There's a trampoline!" Jackson shouted "it jumps into the pool, oh my God!"

"don't die" JB said

"wait! I wanna jump too!" Bambam said running out

"and I thought we were the kids" Chaerin chuckled getting a box "these are..oh my consoles"

"you're a gamer girl?" Jooyoung asked rather surprised

"better than my oppa" she smirked "do you play?"

"when I'm not practicing" he said

"practicing for what?" Chaerin asked

"I wanna be an idol-producer" he said "I'm in my appa's company"

"looks like you can help me more than I thought Joojoo. May I call you Joojoo? I'm gonna call you Joojoo" Chaerin smiled unpacking her consoles.

"sure, call me Joojoo" he laughed "what do I call you?"

"anything you want I guess. My English name is Cherry" she answered

"I'm gonna call you Rinnie" Jooyoung snapped his fingers "since when did we start using banmal?"

"since 5 minutes ago" Chaerin answered "put those on the glass table over there, under the tv"

"yes ma'am" he nodded. After the consoles, they did her posters and room decorations, "is this a picture of our appas?"

"yeah, during their 2nd album promotions. At least that's what umma told me" Chaerin said standing on the bed to post it on the wall above, leaving space under for a family portrait

"A?" Jooyoung asked "GOT♡? man, concepts were weird back in the days"

"look at our appas though" Chaerin said pointing to Mark and Jr "they look so young"

"they were a bit older than us, 20 I think" Jooyoung said

"damn, they're old now" she said as they hung her portrait.

"is this your whole family?" he asked

"mm, nae umma, appa, oppa, dongsaeng, aegi, and me. Both my grandparents weren't there for the picture either, so this is basically my family" Chaerin explained "ja, it's time for clothes"

"oh God" he answered looking at the several boxes that labeled them "how many of these are clothes?"

"7" she answered "2 are shoes. I just hope this place has a huge closet"

"by the size of this room, it definitely does" Jooyoung said and they began looking through the doors. Chaerin gasped as she opened a door, dropping the box full of tops. "someone pinch me. Joojoo! pinch me!"

"bwoh-woah" he said walking through the room. "is this a closet?"

"this is a closet" she squealed "oh my God. I can't wait to fill up these hangers and-"

"calm down, let's start with the shoes" Jooyoung said

"that's shoe box one, I'll go get the other one" Chaerin said sprinting to the boxes.

"yah Chaerin-ah!" Bambam shouted "eodiya?!"

"in the closet, samchun!" she yelled

"where'd you get-woah" Bambam said "this is a closet?"

"that's exactly what I said" Jooyoung said placing the dresses on one section

"where'd you get that poster? those were my dark years!" Bambam whined

"what dark years? samchun, you look the same" Chaerin said "only old"

"Aren't those posters discontinued?" Jr asked as he walked in with Suzy "damn"

"umma let me keep that one, she has your debut one from 2014. The...Girls Girls Girls" Chaerin said and the boys cringed

"oh my God, it's been so long since I heard that" Yuygeom said

"I looked really good on the A poster" Jackson said "are you two kids bonding?"

"Deh" Jooyoung nodded

"aw look at uri adeul, so hard at work" Suzy smiled pinching her son's cheeks.

"go go song!" Jackson cheered them on

"samchun, are you done playing?" Chaerin asked him

"I was not playing, I was testing out your trampoline" he said defensively

"can you life that? please? It's the music system from my room" Chaerin said arranging her shorts.

"why do you have a music system?" he asked

"I dance a lot" she shrugged. After a few hours or so, the boxes were all unloaded.

"baegopa" Jooyoung whined as they finished.

"why don't we have Chaerin experience street food?" Suzy asked

"ooh, that sounds fun" the girl innocently smiled.

"let's go then, I'm hungry" Jooyoung said.