17) A Song For You (not the show)

It's Complicated.

Regular - Korean | Bold - English Italicized - Chinese


Narrator's POV

"appa and umma said that you guys can sleep over today" Chanmi said

"they're using it as an excuse to go on a trip for 2 days" Jaeyeol said

"good for them" Chaerin said and clapped her hands "Joojoo-ya, hit me up"

"ready? you better catch it" Jooyoung laughed getting prepared to throw some popcorn in . She nodded and got in her 'ready position'. Jooyoung threw it and the girl opened , expecting the piece of food to fall in . Instead, a hand appeared in front of her face and caught the food, eating it instead

"could use a bit more butter" Jungho said putting his hands back in his pocket

"why don't you off?" Jooyoung said bitterly

"Jooyoung-ah, be nice" Mei said disapprovingly. Chaerin looked up at Jungho who glanced back at her

"hey, can I talk to you?" he said softly

"sure-"

"anything you say to Rin, you can say to us" Jooyoung said crossing his arms. Taehyun looked from Jooyoung to Chaerin to Jungho, raising his eyebrow a little at the girl's attitude.

"it's sort of private" Jungho coughed awkwardly

"if it's about my cousin, I should definitely know" Jooyoung said

"you guys aren't seriously cousins" Jungho said technically "Chaerin told me"

"guys, I'll be back" Chaerin said standing up and following him from the rooftop and to one of the practice rooms "what's up Jungho?"

"to be honest, I wanted to ask you about us but it seems like a bad idea since Jooyoung hates my guts" Jungho said "but I also got an idea for a dance next week. Saem told me the next theme early"

"what is it?" Chaerin asked

"she said something about r&b. I saw something on YouTube and thought that we should like recreate it" he said

"let me see" she chuckled watching him pull out his phone and search up a video. Standing next to her so that they could both watch the video, he pressed the play button.

"damn, I like it" Chaerin said impressed

"I started learning the guy part already. We could like practice it on the weekend. My house?" he offered.

She gave him a smile and nodded "I'd like that"

"sweet" Jungho said

"if there's nothing else, I'm gonna head back to the rooftop" Chaerin said

"wait Chaerin-ah" Jungho said grabbing her wrist "is Daniel still bothering you?"

"not lately" she shook her head and quickly sneaked a peck on his cheek "it's thanks to you Jeon Jungho"

"just tell me if he's bothering you again" Jungho said "I'll show him who's boss"

"are you sure? it was me who showed him who was boss last time" Chaerin teased making him scoff "I'm just kidding. I'll see you later Jungho-ya"

"wait another thing" he said "um...have you decided yet?"

"J-Jungho look. I can't give you an answer so quickly. There's people that's mostly for Daeyong than for you and vice versa. I need to think about it more" she said "but for now, since we're at school, we're dating"

"I don't want to be fake dating anymore at school though" Jungho said

"I know. I don't either, but remember I still have those other feelings for Daeyong" Chaerin said "I like both you and it's pretty hard for me to decide right now"

He walked towards her "will this help?"

"Jungho, I-"

He shut her up, cupping her face as he pressed a kiss on her lips. And just like that, she melted again.

"-Chaerinnie! Are you in-oh my God, I'm sorry" Taehyun said covering his eyes as he walked in on the two. Startled, Chaerin pushed him away and consciously hugged herself

"were you guys looking for me?" she asked him

"yeah, Jooyoung was wondering if you got kidnapped" he said

"I'm fine" Chaerin said. Jungho said nothing as he walked out, avoiding Taehyun. Chaerin heaved a sigh and sat down on the piano bench

"Chaerin-ah, I didn't mean to interrupt something" he said walking over to sit next to her. "you like him a lot don't you?"

"I don't know. I think so" Chaerin said "but I can't just leave Daeyong out of the picture"

"and Jooyoung really roots for him too, huh" Taehyun said "Jooyoung's opinion means a lot to you doesn't it?"

Chaerin nodded "oh...I know that Jungho's a bit of a jerk and that Daeyong's a complete angel, but there's just something about Jungho that-forget it molla molla molla"

"I know that the girls want you to date Jooyoung and us boys want you to date Daeyong, but in the end you know that it's your choice right?" Taehyun said. The girl nodded her head "c'mon, let's get out of here. The bell's about to ring"

***

"aw imo's great" Mei smiled as she stuffed some of the sushi that was left out for them

"this sushi's great" Jooyoung chewed "mm maa"

"Chanmi-ah, do you have any boba around?" Chaerin asked

"yeah, I think we have some in the pantry, wae?" Chanmi asked

"I noticed that you have some mangoes, milk, and yogurt. I could make some bubble tea" Chaerin said

"ah chincha?" Jaeyeol jumped up with the mention of bubble tea

"who wants some?" Chaerin asked

"I want bubble tea!" Jaeyeol shouted

"nado!" Jooyoung agreed

"I'll have one" Mei said casually

"eh I guess" Taehyun shrugged

"if you don't want bubble tea, I can brew some coffee" she suggested

"ooh I'll have that instead" he said

"me too" Chanmi said

"do you want some help?" Taehyun asked

"yes please" Chaerin said and they both walked into the kitchen. Chaerin retrieved the mangoes and ordered Taehyun to go cut them into small cubes. The girl got a pot, filled it up with water, and put the boba inside before boiling it on the stove. She then got some ice and yogurt, putting into the blender, following with milk and 2 packs of sugar. When Taehyun was done with the mangoes, she also put it in and began blending the mix. 

Immediately after she finished making the bubble tea, Chaerin began brewing the coffee. Only when she finished making the coffee did she give the drinks to herself and her friends.

"this is heaven" Jaeyeol moaned in satisfaction "God bless you"

"thanks" she chuckled taking a sip of her coffee. After the 6 finished drinking coffee, they started having a competitive ping pong battle downstairs in the basement. Suddenly, the doorbell rang.

"who's that?" Chanmi asked confused

"I invited someone" Jooyoung said standing up "I'll be right back"

"yah! who told you that you can invite people to my house?!" Chanmi yelled after him

"I'm just hoping it's food" Mei shrugged.

"whatever, come on and fight me" Chaerin said hitting the ball towards Jaeyeol who easily retrieved it and passed back.

After a minute or two, Jooyoung came back downstairs almost with a smug smile on his face "kids, you know Daeyong"

"hey guys" Daeyong waved. Chaerin turned around and her expression was shocked "annyeong Chaerin-ah"

"Park Jooyoung" Taehyun said, disappointed "are you serious?"

"wae?" Jooyoung said "I thought that he could come hang out with us today"

"you " Mei glared "Chaerin! can't you see that this stupid cousin of yours is trying to influence you to Daeyong albeit you truly want to be with Jungho?!"

"ara" Chaerin said after recoving from the girl's rapid Chinese rant.

"who the hell said that you could invite someone to my house without my permision?" Chanmi crossed her arms

"mian Mimi, I thought you wouldn't mind" Jooyoung said faking innocence

"Chanmi-ah chill, it's just Daeyong. You even introduced him to us" Jaeyeol said

"don't be smart with me Park Jaeyeol" Chanmi glared at him

"my sister and her temper" Jaeyeol sighed as she stomped upstairs.

"guys, let's leave them alone as Mei tries to sooth Chanmi's anger" Taehyun said ushering everyone upstairs.

"I have a feeling I'm not wanted here" Daeyong said cautiously

"ani it's not that" Chaerin said "come sit, make yourself at home"

"I can't stay long to be honest, I have to help my umma make dinner later. Appa's coming back" Daeyong said "I just wanted to really give you something so Jooyoung said I could come over"

"oh okay, what's up?" Chaerin asked

"is everything okay? You don't really seem that glad to see me" he observed

"nonononono, trust me. I am glad to see you" she defended "I was just a bit shocked"

"you don't need to be shocked, it's just me" Daeyong smiled "I won't hurt you"

"I know" she relaxed "so what did you want to give me?"

"does Jaeyeol and Chanmi have a guitar?" he asked

"yeah" Chaerin nodded pointing to the corner of the basement. Daeyong smiled and leapt up to retrieve the guitar. She looked at him curiously as he began to play and sing a melody



"your voice still amazes me" Chanmi said

"I wrote it for you" Daeyong said. (okay I know he actually didn't write it but stories have bs so yay)

"you w-wrote this?" she stuttered "f-for me?"

"for you" he laughed thinking her reaction was absolutely cute. The girl was touched, genuinely touched. She had to admit that her heart was wavering more to Daeyong. "I should really go now, I'll text you"

"okay" she nodded giving him a hug before he left. When Chaerin was sure that Daeyong left the house, she screamed and messed up her hair "what the is wrong with you Chaerin Tuan! Get your together!"

"everything okay here?" Jaeyeol asked as everyone came back downstairs again

"how'd it go?" Jooyoung smiled. Chaerin glared at him

"I hate you" she spat

"me? wae?" he asked

"you made this a whole lot more complicated than I intended it to be" Chaerin said

"if you're talking about Jungho, I thought we already went this. Daeyong is the one for you-what the hell?!" Jooyoung shouted as he received a smack to the back of the head

"stop being so biased. Jungho is the one for Chaerin" Mei growled

"stop shouting" Taehyun said calmly "Jungho did you let Chaerin explain her feelings?"

"yeah, before I told her my opinion" Jooyoung said

"Jooyoung-ah, what if I do like Jungho?" Chaerin asked

"but you like Daeyong too" he retorted

"but what if I like Jungho more?" she whined

"did the song he make you have no effect at all on your feelings for him?" Jooyoung crossed his arms

"I was touched, yeah. It made me waver a bit, yeah. I admit that" she said "but something is just calling me to Jungho. I don't know what it is."

"bull" Jooyoung angrily stared at her

"I'm trying to like Daeyong! I am! but you can't just force me to like someone when my heart is telling me something else" Chaerin said aggrivated

"are you going to ignore me then?" Jooyoung said

"Jooyoung-ah, your opinion means a lot to me! it does." she pleaded him

"then why won't you listen to me?" he asked

"Because I just like Jungho more than I like Daeyong." Chaerin said

"fine. I hope that you get screwed over again like you did before." Jooyoung said bitterly

"Park Jooyoung!" Chanmi said "that was over the line"

"Jooyoung-ah...-"

"you're making a bad choice. Jungho will break your heart. Don't come back to me when he does" Jooyoung said angrily as he grabbed his jacket

"where the are you going?" Taehyun said

"home" Jooyoung said coldly slamming the door to the basement closed. The 5 of them stood in silence before Chaerin's phone began to rang. With a shaky voice, she answered the phone

"yeobosayo?" she asked

"Cher" Jasmine said noticing her tone of voice "are you okay? I have no clue what you just said but you sound scared"

"Jasmine? I-uh don't worry about it right now. I'll tell you later. Why are you calling? Especially at this time?" Chaerin asked

"it's about Jason. He's completely passed out drunk" Jasmine said biting her lip

"what? My brother doesn't drink" she said

"he reeks of alcohol Cher." Jasmine said "I didn't know what to do. He came all the way here at 3 am. He was like banging on the door shouting something in Korean and then I heard your name. I was about to call the cops because mom and dad are out of town and this situation seemed a bit sketchy, but I realized it was your brother and let him in"

"what about Nathan and Luke?" Chaerin asked

"I don't know. I remember your parents are at a conference right now out of state so he's supposed to be babysitting them" Jasmine said

"are you meaning to tell me that my 12 and 5 year old brothers are alone at my house at 4 in the morning?" Chaerin asked completely freaking out

"don't worry. I woke up Tara and Angela, they're over at your house right now" Jasmine said "I got it under control, except for your brother. He binged tonight Cher, I sent your mom a text from Jason's phone. She told me to tell you"

"what am I supposed to do? I'm like thousands of miles away" Chaerin said

"what is she talking about?" Jaeyeol asked his sister

"molla" Chanmi responded

"I don't know, but your mom and dad said that they can't appeal to your brother right now and you're the only one that can help him. I know you're going through a bit of a family problem right now so I won't ask for details" Jasmine said understandingly "they just wanted me to tell you that - if you can - come back for a few days and speak to your brother. They already told your mom's jet pilot, you just need to say yes"

"come back? Jas, I have school" Chaerin said

"I know. But your brother's life might be in danger right now" Jasmine sighed. Chaerin groaned

"I'll text my parents. Thanks Jas" Chaerin said hanging up. The girl buried her face in her hands, having an urge to cry

"gwenchana?" Mei asked

"mian, but I need to go. I have a family emergency" she answered

"arasso, do you want us to come with you?" Taehyun asked

"aniya, I'm fine. Sorry for ruining the night guys" Chaerin sighed

"it's cool" Jaeyeol said "just be safe Chaerin-ah"

"I'll talk to you guys later" Chaerin said as she went upstairs and left the house.


A/N well it's thanksgiving break you guys ayeeee. Too bad I have like so much essays and reports I have to do ughh fml. I hope this chapter made you smile and if it made you get mad I am very sorry. XD *makes hearts*









follow my k-pop ig @bulletproofgot7
I started editing lmao