13: Cute

It's Complicated.

I'm gonna self promote myself rn: GO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM GUYS @bulletproofgot7


Regular - Korean | Bold - English Italicized - Chinese


Narrator's POV

"so what is Yurin doing for her birthday?" Chaerin asked as she spoke to Jungho over the phone

"she really likes ice-skating" Jungho said "so we're going to an ice-skating rink"

"cool, I've always loved ice-skating" the girl smiled

"are you almost here yet? Yurin refuses to leave before you get here" he said annoyed

"calm your , I'm walking up the street right now" she rolled her eyes "I'm at your driveway, keuneo"

Chaerin hung up the phone and was greeted by a running little girl

"unnie!" Yurin screamed hugging her legs

"happy birthday Yurin" she smiled ruffling her hair "how old are you turning?"

"7" Yurin answered "unnie, I missed you!"

"I missed you too Yurin-ah" Chaerin giggled and took out a small box from her bag "I got you a present"

"chincha?" Yurin beamed

"you didn't have to, dear" Jungkook said appearing from the doorway "thanks for coming, I'm pretty sure Yurin was more excited than Jungho"

"annyeonghaseyo Mr. Jeon" she bowed "and it's no problem at all, I've been meaning to visit again"

"can I open it appa?" Yurin asked

"sure" Jungkook smiled kissing her crown. The girl lifted the lid of the box to reveal a necklace

"wahh yeppeoda" she said

"you like it?" Chaerin asked and the little girl nodded. Chaerin took the necklace out and attached it to her neck "I didn't know what to get you, but I thought that you'd really like this necklace"

"kamsahamnida unnie" Yurin smiled holding the necklace in her hand. After a few minutes or so, Yumi and Jungho exited the house and the 5 of them made their way to the ice-skating rink. As soon as the car parked, Yurin raced out, dragging Chaerin by the hand. Most of the night, Yurin was with Chaerin, and when she was't, the little girl was with her friends. Jungho was actually feeling pretty jealous, of who? he didn't know.

"-unnie's tired Yurin-ah, go play with your friends for now" Chaerin said as she exited the rink and made her way towards the table with Jungho and his parents

"she tired you out?" Yumi chuckled and Chaerin nodded

"Yurin's really hyper" she answered

"have some food" Jungkook offered "you look beat"

"kamsahamnida" she said sitting down next to Jungho. The two parents decided to skate on their own and left the high-schoolers at the table "why do you look so sulky"

"Yurin payed attention to you all night and you let her" he mumbled. Chaerin giggled

"you're such an idiot" she said "are you jealous of me getting all your sister's love?"

"well yeah, she hasn't said a word to me since we got here" Jungho grumbled standing up

"yah, eodika?" Chaerin blinked watching him walk away. Without a second thought, she left her food and followed him out. He apparently had the keys to the car and went in the drivers seat. Quickly, she opened the seat to the passenger and closed it after her

"what are you doing?" Jungho said

"I think the more important question here is what are you doing" Chaerin said buckling her seatbelt "where are you taking the car?"

"I just wanted to go for a nature drive" Jungho said "alone"

"well too bad, I'm going with you" Chaerin said "I shouldn't let my boyfriend potentially do something stupid, right?"

He glared at her but said nothing, starting the engine and driving away from the ice rink. When Jungho said he was going for a nature drive, he really meant it. All Chaerin saw around her was fields and mountains and trees. It really was nature. The two of them said nothing during the drive and so eventually, Chaerin began to doze off. She blinked alert, startled when the car halted to a stop.

"" Jungho cursed

"what happened" she yawned

"we're out of gas" he said

"bwoh?!" Chaerin said "how?!"

"well. I was driving. I was using gas. Now we're out" Jungho said casually

"well no shirlock, but...where are we?" she asked

"I don't know...it's too dark to tell" he muttered "I'm gonna call appa"

"and how is he supposed to pick us up without his car smart one" she rolled her eyes

"get a taxi" he explained and took his phone out ", I'm out of battery"

"wow. We're screwed" Chaerin said

"what about your phone?" he asked

"I left it at the ice rink" she muttered

"well dammit" Jungho said

"what the do we do now" Chaerin said "die out here?"

"no, just sleep here overnight and then walk back when it's day time" he said casually

"sleep in here? it's too stuffy" she said

"then sleep outside princess" he rolled his eyes

"but what if I get kidnapped?" she asked

"then kick his balls oh my God" Jungho said "good night, I'm going to sleep"

"Jungho wait" Chaerin said "can you take a walk with me?"

"why?" he groaned

"I'm scared" she muttered. Jungho muttered incoherent words under his breath and got out of the car

"now why the are you scared?" he said shoving his hands in his pockets

"I've always been scared of the dark" Chaerin said "don't judge me"

"I'm judging" he said and she scowled at him "what? I could be sleeping right now"

"this is all your fault anyway" Chaerin spat "if you weren't being so jealous of me, we wouldn't be in this mess"

"my fault?" Jungho scoffed

"well yeah, wae? is it mine then?" she crossed her arms. He receded and fisted his jeans, increasing his pace. "slow down dammit"

"walk faster then" he said. The two of them walked around aimlessly, they didn't even know what time it was, but from the looks of the moon, it should have been around midnight-1 am. Chaerin flinched once she heard something behind them. Instinctively, she reached out to clutch Jungho's arm only to find that he wasn't there. He wasn't anywhere near her, at least she couldn't see him.

"Jungho-ya" Chaerin called out calmly "yah eodiya?"

Her steps began to slow down, and she became more fidgety

"J-Jeon Jungho" Chaerin said again "yah this isn't funny, where are you?"

The girl heard a glass break from behind her and she screamed, sprinting ahead. She crashed into someone's back and cried out in fear

"yah! watch it" Jungho said coldly "where the were you anyway? I looked behind me and you weren't there"

"someone's there" Chaerin said quietly tugging his arm "we need to get away come on!"

"yah Chaerin Tuan, calm down" he said grabbing her by the shoulders. From the moonlight, he could see wet stains on her face "are you crying?"

"Jungho-ya jebal" she pleaded "there's something behind us"

"it's probably nothing" he said monotonously "let's just keep moving, I'm pretty sure there's a bus stop nearby"

"but what if-"

"if there really is something, I'll protect you. okay?" Jungho said and she nodded hesitantly, biting her lip "uljima. I don't like to see people crying"

He held his hand out for her and Chaerin looked at him confused. He sighed and grabbed her hand

"so you won't get lost again" Jungho said before leading the way. Luck definitely wasn't on their side right now as a loud boom of thunder filled the skies. Chaerin jumped and hugged Jungho for comfort. Jungho cursed and lightly pushed Chaerin off. He took off his cardigan and put it over her head "I know it's not much and you'll eventually get wet...but I should still try to act like a gentleman"

"komawo" Chaerin said quietly "but...you're only wearing a t-shirt"

"better that I get sick instead of you" Jungho said. Chaerin blushed and blinked up at him

"won't your arms get tired?" she asked

"it's okay" he said "I kinda like you like this. Now that you're not feisty and snappy, you're pretty cute"

"bwoh? I'm kinda scared out of my ing mind" she said

"wuss" he chuckled

"and now you're an again" she said moving his arms down "forget it, I'll get wet anyway so doing that won't prevent anything"

"I was just trying to be nice" Jungho said

"don't, you end up being assier" she said. He frowned and took her arm "what"

"I'm not that mean, you know?" he glared "enough with all this bullcrap and let me show you how I actually act with a girlfriend"

"why would you want t o prove it to me? I frankly don't care if you're the sweetest boy in the world"

"I hate being miscalculated" Jungho said "from now on, let's date. for real"


A/N Okay sorry I lied. I didn't have a double update yesterday. But since today is 9/1/14, #HAPPYKOOKIEDAY IT'S OUR GOLDEN MAKNAE'S BIRTHDAY~ BABY'S GROWING UP~

I just realized that my two top biases birthdays are 3 days away from each other wooow


K-pop slays me
Subscribe, comment, and upvote
-Yuni