The One with the Detention

Cinderella
Episode 3

 

 

And unfortunately for Jieun, her day couldn’t get any worse.

 

Thanks to her step-sister, she got herself into trouble, earning her a spot in detention after school hours.

 

Let’s just say that she broke a fuse resulting in a raw and feisty girl fight with that so called sibling of hers. The end result? A broken nose for the cheerleader and, obviously, detention for the pretend ‘trouble maker’.

 

By now classes have ended for a while and Jieun was already in the classroom, quietly passing the time by doing her homework while having her earphones on and listening to music.

 

Since she was alone and looked quite lonely all by herself, Fate decided to give her a little bit of company thinking that it wouldn’t hurt to be entertained for the hour~

 

Yes, he may be the star captain of the football team and yes, he may be loved by everyone in school BUT it doesn’t mean that he’s immune to school rules, or in this case, to the rules of his chemistry teacher.

 

Coming in late, Yongguk was rushing down the hallway as he made his way to detention. Once he found the classroom and was about to open the door, he stopped from turning the knob when he hears a feminine voice singing. Looking through the window of that door, he spotted Jieun focused on her textbooks as she quietly sang along the music that was playing on her phone.

 

He stood motionless as he watched her and let himself get entangled in the sound of her voice as it suddenly sent goose bumps all over his body.

 

In other words, he was simply mesmerized by her voice.

 

He didn’t recognize the song she was singing though but it didn’t really matter to him right now; he was simply stunned at what he was hearing as he was one hundred percent sure he never heard a voice as half better as hers.

 

Not stopping himself, he opened the door as discretely as possible and started clapping, making Jieun jump in her seat, hand on her chest as she lifted her head up to look at Yongguk walking in, an impressed smile across his lips.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“This is the detention class right?”

 

“Hmm, yes?”

 

“Then I guess I’m at the right place!”

 

He went to the desk right in front of hers, placed his backpack on the surface and sat down on the chair backwards so he could comfortably cross his arms over the edge of the back with his legs spread on each side. Still sporting that smile on his face, Jieun was looking back at him annoyed by the sudden intrusion and sighed as she shook her head, bringing her gaze back to her homework.

 

“Why aren’t you singing?”

 

She stopped what she was writing and only lifted her eyes to look at him. She lightly chuckled as she faced him properly and pulled herself away as she rested her back against the chair, her arms crossed over her chest. “Is that your way of complimenting me?”

 

“What if I said yes? Would you continue?”

 

“Hmm, no.” He chuckled at her playful reply, earning him to hear a stifled giggle of her own. “You’re really not what I thought you’d be.”

 

“What did you think I’d be like?”

 

“Well you did break my girlfriend’s nose.”

 

“So you thought I was some kind of troublemaker?”

 

“Kinda~”

 

“Then what about you? What is the star athlete of Seoul High doing in detention?”

 

“According to Mr. Kwon, I was too distracted in his class.”

 

“Uh-huh…” She nodded her head and leaned back to rest her arms on her desk, picking up her pencil to go back to what she was doing before the interruption. He wasn’t capable of erasing that faint amused smile off his lips, his eyes still set on her as he watched her focus back on her work. She could feel his stare and it made her uncomfortable; she raised her head up to him, sudden shyness taking over her the moment she had locked eyes with his own. “C-can you stop staring at me? It’s making me un-c-comfortable…”

 

Letting out another laugh, his grin widen up to show his signature gummy smile. She quickly blinked her eyes as she felt a faint wave of heat creeping up her cheeks and leaned back when she saw him approach her without looking away. “Why are you staring at me? Do I have something on my face?”

 

He only shook his head and placed one hand under his chin, leaving the other arm to rest at the edge of her desk.

 

Being the playful type of guy whenever he was in a good mood, just like right now, he liked being a tease and even though he didn’t know the girl that was sitting in front of him, it wasn’t bothering him at all.

 

Slight tension was slowly climbing as they had their eye staring contest until, luckily for Jieun, they got interrupted by the loud arrival of one of her best friend, Sunhwa.

 

“Holà!” She swung herself as the door swiftly opened with a bright smile on her face only to let out a subtle ‘oh’ at her sight. “Well, well, well what do we have here~”

 

“S-Sunhwa! What are you doing here? You’re in detention too?”

 

“Pfft! I’m too much of an angel for that sweetie~” She waved her hair behind her shoulder, which made the other two laugh while the new intruder came over, taking a seat next to Jieun. “So! What did I miss?”

 

“A pretty heated staring contest actually…” Jieun glanced at Yongguk with her breath stuck in hearing his words. He looked back at her, discreet wink as he his lips while leaned backwards, both his elbows propped on the desk behind him.

 

Shaking her head, Jieun turned back to look at her friend, waiting to see what she wanted. “What’s up?”

 

“Okay, so you know that I’m working on this musical for the drama club, right?”

 

“I think I know where this is going and I’m saying this to you right now: no.”

 

“Oh come on! It’s just one tiny favor! Please?”

 

“Sunhwa~ I don’t want to be in a musical, let alone be this Juliet-Cinderella mix you have going on with that story.”

 

“A musical, huh? If you want a male lead, I can be it~” Offering himself coolly, the two girls quickly glanced at each other before turning their heads back to Yongguk only to break the silence with a laughter.

 

He took it badly with his smile turning upside down as a frown appeared across his face, offended by their manners. “Yah! What are you guys laughing about?”

 

“You, the infamous Bang Yongguk wants to be in a musical? Seriously?”

 

“What? You think I can’t do it?”

 

“Hmm, no! And anyways, we already have a male lead, so thanks anyways~”

 

He huffed out, his head up to look at the ceiling before looking back down. “You ladies are breaking my heart~” He got up from his seat as he picked up his backpack and gave a swift salute to the girls before walking out of the class and giving one last look to Jieun, subtly his lips in the process.

 

Once he was completely out of sight, the girl shook her head as a sigh came out of her lips and looked back at her friend, knowing that she wasn’t going to let that go. “He was totally flirting with you!”

 

“Oh come on! He’s dating my step-sister and he wasn’t, he was just being his cocky self.”

 

“Oh, please! He was totally staring at you before walking out! He likes you~”

 

“I don’t even know him! It’s the first time we actually carried a conversation!”

 

“Really? So you think it’s a pure coincidence that he was in detention? The same day you ran into his locker this morning?”

 

“As a matter of fact: yes!”

 

“Ah~ Poor Jieun~ Not knowing love when it's staring at her right in the face.”

 

“Love?! Yah! Stop with that nonsense, will you?”

 

“Then be Juliet! Please? Oh, pretty please?”

 

A sigh of defeat out of , Jieun dropped her head finally giving up before looking back at her friend, accepting her offer. “Whatever, but you owe me. Big time!”

 

“Oh I already know how to repay you~” The teasing tone in her voice left the other one to watch her friend with a skeptical look on her face. “What the hell am I going to do with you, hmm?”

 



 

A/N: Bam! The story is starting haha :3

I wanted to update earlier but I got super busy with work >.< But now it's over so I got a lot of time on my hands ^.^

 

Lots of love, xo