The One with the Confession

Cinderella
Episode 15

 

 

“Please don’t tell me you want advice for that you’re dating.”

 

“Don’t worry, I broke it off with her a few weeks ago… but she stills comes at me and even went after someone I care about… a lot.”

 

“Oh~ Tell me more!”

 

Sitting on a bar stool inside the underground club he frequented, he starting pouring out his story with Jieun – from the moment they met up until a few hours earlier today – to the young eyed-brown woman.

 

You’ll know who she is soon enough~ *wink*

 

Anyways, after telling her what had happened in his car with Jieun and his ex, he let out a frustrated sigh as he scratched his hair before letting his hand fall flat on his lap. Looking at him, the woman couldn’t help but let out a soft chuckle, her head tilted to the side while pouring a drink to her friend – non-alcoholic, don’t worry. “You really like this Jieun girl, don’t you?”

 

He nodded his head and took a sip of his drink while the woman eyed him suspiciously. “What’s wrong?”

 

“You love this girl.” Her statement made him choke on his drink, leaving him to cough loudly while the other one was laughing, knowing that she made a hit right on the nail. “Y-yes I like Jieun very much but-”

 

“Enough to fall in love with her?” His reply cut short before speaking the first word out, her words sank inside his head, making him think through the idea that there was a possibility to this scenario.

 

Being a teenager, there isn’t much ‘love’ that could be experienced, hence the difficulty in believing that there was more to his feelings for the girl. Maybe his friend was right, but how could he know if he had never fallen in love before?

 

“Don’t get to serious on me Guk, I was just assuming because of they way you’ve been talking about her. It’s been at least way past an hour already and we’re still on the subject.” He was still left without a word to say, to immerge into trying to figure out how he actually felt. “Do what you do best. Write about it. Everything you’ve told me about her, write down how it felt. Then you’ll know how you feel.”

 

“I guess…”

 

“You don’t seem so sure.”

 

“It’s not that, its just… How do I know if its just a crush or actually love? What tells you the difference?”

 

“Oy~ Hmm, love Guk… Don’t think to much with your head about it. It might as well be infatuation than actual love, but then again, it can turn to that, with time of course.”

 

“What’s the difference?”

 

“Tell me how you feel when you’re with her. Like do your palms sweat? Does your heart beat like crazy? Do you feel ‘fireworks’ whenever you kiss her? Hmm, butterflies in the stomach? Are you physically attracted to her, do you constantly think about her – like all the time? Do you-”

 

“Then I guess it is just a crush…”

 

“Yah~ Why do you make it look like it’s a bad thing? It doesn’t mean that its something less. You still have feelings for her. Being in love is different and you get there when you’re actually dating the girl; you want to be her boyfriend, make her happy, you actually want to commit. And for your age, you’re still young for a committed relationship, especially with college just around the corner.”

 

“What do you think I should do then?”

 

“Like I said. Write it down, turn it into a song or something. Tell her how you feel.”

 

“Can I go to the studio? Is it open?”

 

“Yea, sure, help yourself~”

 

“Thanks.”

 


 

Back to school and it was time for another rehearsal.

 

Yongguk and Jieun haven’t seen each other all day until they both entered the auditorium; he gave her a greeting only to earn a cornered smile on her part, making his heart drop.

 

She was still overwhelmed with her little ‘mishap’ from yesterday, it left her to be wanting to stay as far away as him as possible but because they are the two main characters of a play, it was obviously something hard to do.

 

With the tense atmosphere getting more noticeable, Sunhwa decided to give the actors a break, knowing that everybody was in deep need of a breather. Jieun took this chance to rush out of the stage to the back, where Yongguk quickly followed her.

 

Close enough, he caught her by her hand, making her stop as she turned around.

 

“Jieun… We need to talk-”

 

“I-I don’t want too…”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I’m embarrassed, that’s why! I don’t know what came over me, I just-”

 

“You just what?” He softly spoke out, small steps towards her without letting go of her hand. He looked down at their joint hands before trailing his eyes up to meet hers. “Frankly, I didn’t mind. Yes, I was surprised but… I wouldn’t have minded if things went differently.”

 

“But I do mind.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because… I’m a-afraid that you’ll think differently about me.” She averted her gaze away from him, letting go of his hand. He looked at her with a shock filled expression, not having expected that answer from her. “I’m n-not though. You would know if I did think different of you, but I promise you I’m not. Just like last time, we got carried away.”

 

“And why is that?”

 

“I’ll let you know soon.”

 

His answer got her intrigued. A slight tilt of her head to the side, she was about to open when he grinned at her, knowing that she was curious. “I’m not going to tell you. You’ll have to wait.”

 

“How long?”

 

“Hmm… when is the next tutoring lesson?”

 

“Tomorrow.”

 

“Then tomorrow you’ll find out.”

 


 

“So! Are you going to tell me why or are you going to drag it a little bit longer?”

 

“Someone is impatient~”

 

“Well, it’s your fault! Now spill!”

 

She was sitting by her desk with her arms crossed over her chest as she pouted to Yongguk while he could only chuckle at her childish behavior. Walking towards the teacher’s desk, he placed his backpack on the surface and pulled out a small radio, placing a CD inside and prepared it before turning back to face Jieun who was leaning her upper body on her desk, intrigued to see what the boy was about to do.

 

“Are you going to perform something for me?” Scratching the back of his neck, he went back to his shy self as he lifted his head back to her, nodding as he bit his bottom lip. “Just for you.”

 

He pressed play and once the music started, he took the chance to reach out for the red rose he was hiding behind him, right under his varsity jacket and held it in his two hands, a bright smile that got her heart to flutter at the sight.

 

He started spilling out his written lyrics, rapping them to the beat; she showed her surprise with her eyes wider and quickly grinned back as she saw him stepping closer to her until he was in front of her. He caught her hand and made her leave her desk as he smoothly brought her to the front of the class, giving her a seat on the surface of the teacher’s table, right in front of him.

 

She was too caught up with his performance, noticing how much he enjoyed showing off to her to notice the loving gaze he was giving her with the words coming out of his mouth. Taking steps around her, he swiftly placed his arm around her shoulders as he let his fingertips turn her head to look at him, letting them softly caress her cheek.

 

She giggled from shyness while staring at him, letting him finish off as he handed her the rose, with the music ending.

 

She looked at the flower and glanced back up at the boy, hesitating on taking it.

 

He noticed her uncertainty and decided to speak up. “I like you Jieun… I like you a lot. I know you feel the same, or at least you feel something for me and I really want us to become more than just friends-”

 

“Guk… I don’t think we should-”

 

“Don’t.” He stopped her, knowing where this was going. Pulling himself back, he packed up his stuff and left the rose on the desk. Holding his backpack by the straps, he turned around and showed her a regretful smile before walking away. “I’ll make you change your mind… I’m not going to back out, not until I can call you my girlfriend.”

 

Both of their hearts dropped.

 

Disappointed by the ending result, he was sulking all the way back home and spent the rest of the evening locked inside his bedroom, lying on his bed as he stared at the ceiling, trying to come up with a way to win her heart.

 

As for Jieun, she felt guilty rejecting him the way she did, especially since a part of her just wanted to take the rose and say yes – she would’ve done it if it wasn’t for the fear that was still lingering inside her, still afraid that things weren’t real.

 

She stayed late at school that day and walked all the way home when the sun was coming down, quietly strolling her way to the backyard, her mind filled with made up scenarios regarding Yongguk.

 

She liked him as much as he liked her, she wasn’t denying this, but somehow, those scenarios never seemed to be working out, making her give up each and every time they would fail, making her believe that going through this wasn’t worth it… That he wasn’t worth it.

 

Once she walked inside her pool house, she went straight to her bed and fell on the mattress, face first against the pillow and let out a muffled scream of exasperation. Once she was done, she sat back up and took out her phone from her bag and unlocked the screen to see if she had received any messages or missed calls on his end. She sighed at the empty alerts and laid back down, closing her eyes to calm down her nerves.

 

With tomorrow being the weekend, she was glad that she would have time to herself to recollect her thoughts and try to move passed this, to convince herself that she was doing a good thing.

 

‘It’s for the best… It’s… for the best.”

 



 

A/N: 

Did you think I was going to make it that easy? Nyahahaha XD 

You'll have to wait just a little tinsy bit longer :3

 

Lots of love, xo

 

P.S - You'll figure out who that mystery girl is soon~ ;)

But for the fun of it, who do you think she is? :)

 

P.S.S - As for the performance, I wanted to use one of his pre-debut song, so I went with this one but wasn't sure of it, so its up to you :3 // Here are the lyrics.