The One with the Persuasion

Cinderella
Episode 16

 

 

It was finally Saturday – more precisely, afternoon – and things were finally going to be the way they were suppose to be.

 

You’ll see why~

 

Back into knowing more about Jieun’s background, she obviously had her step-mother, Bong Cha and a younger step-sister, Hyojin, who was blood related to the cheerleader. This young one was just twelve years old and much, much nicer than the rest of her family, which obviously facilitated things for Jieun around the house.

 

With that being said, Hyojin had a school project at one of her friend’s house and obviously, Jieun had to be the one picking her up, at the end of the day.

 

She took her step-mother’s car and drove her way to the given address, without realizing where she was exactly going.

 

Half an hour later, she was looking up at the numbers, trying to find the house she was looking for.

 

Once she found the house in question, she parked the car by the sidewalk and walked her way across the pavement until she was standing in front of the main door, ringing the bell.

 

She waited a few seconds before the door opened.

 

I’m letting you guess on this one, dear readers.

 

Why would Jieun choke on air at the sight of the person in front of her?

 

Oh yes. That’s why~

 

“Y-Yong-uk?!”

 

“Jieun? What are you doing here?”

 

“I’m here to pick up Hyojin! She gave me that address, but I guess she got it wrong-”

 

“Jieun?”

 

Leaning her head to the side as Yongguk pulled himself away from the entrance, Jieun spotted Hyojin along with another boy, just a few feet away from the older teenagers. “Your mom sent me to pick you up.”

 

“Ah, but we haven’t finished yet, is it okay if I stay a little bit longer?”

 

“Hmm, yea, I guess its okay. Just give me a call when you’re done, okay?”

 

“Mhmm.”

 

The two youngsters quickly ran up the stairs, leaving Yongguk with Jieun, in an quite awkward silence.

 

“I-I guess I’m gonna go now-”

 

“You can stay. You know, instead of coming back and forth and such…”

 

“It’s okay.” Before giving him the chance to answer back, she walked back to the car and climbed inside. She placed the keys in the ignition and turned it on just to have the radio, leaving the motor still off. Yongguk hasn’t left his spot; he shook his head and quickly ran up to her, softly knocking on the window.

 

“Yah~ Don’t be ridiculous! You’ll get cold out here! Come inside!”

 

She let out a sigh when she saw him climb inside, gently closing the door behind him. “They are still going to be a while, why don’t you stay and we could… hang out maybe? We still have left overs from lunch if you’re hungry…”

 

“It’s okay, I’ll wait here for her-”

 

“Please, don’t be stubborn and just come inside.”

 

“Yon-”

 

“I’m not leaving until you come out of the car and wait inside.” She sighed in defeat and followed his ‘order’ as she turned off the car and got out, following him back inside the house. After stepping inside and taking off her shoes, he helped her with her jacket, leaving it hanging by the entrance. Once he turned back to face her, they stood in front of each other, tensed and awkward.

 

With what happened the day before, it’s understandable that the comfort kind of… disappeared?

 

“D-do you want to eat something?”

 

“No, I’m good… Thanks.”

 

“O-okay then… L-let’s just go to the living room, I’m sure there must be something on TV…”

 

“Mhmm.”

 

Following him to the next room, she took a seat on the couch with the boy right next to her as he took the remote and the television.

 

With his focus on changing the channels, she couldn’t help but be self conscious about how close he was to her. She tried to put her mind towards the TV screen and ended up stealing discreet glimpses his way, having his profile in her sight, until he would turn his head, making her look back at the TV.

 

He knew what she was doing and he was finding it quite amusing.

 

He finally settled on one channel but unfortunately enough, the show they were watching got pretty heated making Yongguk curse as he jumped back to pick the remote and quickly change to something else. The second time, they fell right in the moment of a love confession, making him skip to the next one… with a wedding this time.

 

Seeing him act so frantically made her lightly giggle, until he finally decided to turn it off, letting them fall back into a complete silence. She wanted to be away from the tensed atmosphere and so had to find a reason to leave. “Hmm, may I use your bathroom?”

 

“O-oh sure! Hmm, it’s upstairs and down the hall, to the left.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

She quickly went up the stairs and straight into the bathroom where she softly closed the door behind before leaning her back against it, letting out a deep breath. She felt her heart beat strongly against her chest along with the heat in her cheeks turning the skin red from her blushing.

 

She stayed like this for a moment before quietly stepping out and closing the door behind. She was about to go back down the stairs when the room facing her caught her attention. She slowly walked to the entrance and took a peek inside to see a messy bedroom from the piles of papers and books on the desk to the unmade bed, a few clothing items here and there on the floor until her eyes landed on a piano keyboard at the other end of the room.

 

She walked further inside towards the instrument, where she let her fingers lightly graze over the keys without emitting any sound out of it. It let her mind think back about Yongguk’s composition from yesterday, making her wonder if doing music was what he should be doing instead; from what she saw, he looked so at ease with it and looked like he was enjoying it, but then again, she thought that maybe because he was expecting a different answer from her.

 

The thought of it made her heart slightly ache.

 

“Looks like you found my bedroom.”

 

She jumped as she turned around, holding herself back with her palm against the keyboard with Yongguk leaning his upper body against the door frame, his arms crossed over his chest.

 

“S-sorry, the door was open and hmm… I got curious…”

 

“It’s okay.” He tilted his head to the side now that he noticed where she was standing. “Do you know how to play?”

 

“H-huh?”

 

“The piano.”

 

“O-oh, hmm, y-yea… kinda.”

 

He walked inside, picked up his desk chair and sat on it, in reverse, a sly smile on his face. “Care to show me?”

 

“Hmm, I don’t want to bother your brother and my step-sister for their school project-” He got up from his seat, closed the bedroom door and went back to the chair. “How about now?”

 

“Hmm, nope.”

 

“Yah~ First, you don’t want me to hear you sing-”

 

“And you cheated, by the way.”

 

“How?”

 

“With the musical?” He chuckled at her response. Getting up from the chair, he walked towards her, close enough to have her head lifted up to look at him while he gazed back. He started leaning closer getting her breath stuck in until she heard a click. She quickly turned her head down to see that he the keyboard and turned back to see a smirk on his face. “I’m not asking for a full song… Just like, hmm, a quarter of it. No singing, I just want to hear you play.”

 

Frozen in her spot, all she did was nod, giving him a satisfactory smile.

 

He barely backed away and she turned around, her back facing him. Her fingers back on the board, she took a few breaths, to calm down the jumping nerves inside her body before beginning. He was still standing behind her, closer, and gazed at her while listening to what she was playing.

 

If only she would’ve accepted his confession, he would’ve abruptly stopped her by taking her in surprise with endless loving kisses. He felt more drawn to her in this very moment and it was becoming hard to control the hinted urge in the pit of his stomach.

 

Instead, he found an alternate way.

 

He swiftly wrapped his arms around her, blocking her arms by her body; the sudden gesture made her stop, her eyes wide open as she was staring down at his arms embracing her. “W-what are y-you doing?”

 

“Hugging you.”

 

“W-hy?”

 

“Because I can’t kiss you.” Gulping down at his words, she couldn’t find the air to reach her lungs to breathe. She shut her eyes tight, trying to find the strength to push him away but only stood still in her spot, letting him strengthen his hold around her. “Go out with me.”

 

“Guk-”

 

“Please. I want to show you something.”

 

“Can’t you tell me what it is?”

 

“No. You need to be there to see it.”

 

“Why do you keep insisting?”

 

“Because I know that you like me and… I like you. And I think I know why you’re resisting to admit it. I’ll make you change your mind. Just go out on a date with me, please.” Through his words, she felt a slight pleading in his tone of voice, leaving her to debate whether to accept or reject him again. “If you don’t answer, I’ll kiss you until you say yes.”

 

Testing him, she didn’t speak up.

 

A light gasp escaped from her the moment she felt his lips come in contact with her neck, a soft kiss rippling the goose bumps down her spine. “O-okay, I-I’ll go out w-ith you.” She felt his lips stretched into a grin, as his mouth was still pressed against her skin, making her heart flutter at the feeling.

 

“You won’t regret this, I promise.”

 

“Just what exactly you have in mind?”

 

“You’ll have to wait and see~”

 

“Yah, wait until when?”

 

“Tonight.”

 


 

Just on the other side of that closed bedroom door, two eavesdropper were carefully listening to what was going on. Junhong, Yongguk’s step-brother and Hyojin, had their ears stuck against the door, holding in their snickers and chuckles about their older siblings.

 

“Do you think they are going to date?” The girl was whispering as she looked at her friend, without pulling herself away from the door. “I hope so…” From his answer to the way he was looking at her left Hyojin intrigued. “Really? Why?”

 

“Because then I have a reason to see more of you.”

 

Her cheeks blushed at his words with her heart skipping a beat.

 

Yongguk and Jieun weren’t the only ones that were crushing on each other, the younger ones were too… and they were more truthful about it than the other ‘couple’.

 

Hyojin quickly grabbed onto the boy’s hand, pulling him away from the door as she led him down the stairs, a giggle escaping from the shy expression he had the moment she took his hand.

 

“Let’s go to the kitchen! I’m getting hungry!”

 



 

A/N:

I wanted to add this 'little' Zelo part since I made him as Yongguk's step brother, so I was like 'what the heck' might as well include him in, but that's just about it.... for now, until he decides to appear at the end, I haven't decided that yet :)

 

Lots of love, xo