The One with the Wake Up Call

Cinderella
Episode 10

 

 

The longest weekend to his timeline, Yongguk couldn’t be happier about going back on campus on a Monday morning, none the less.

 

Without having any way to contact her anymore, Yongguk tried to find a way to distract himself either by studying or hanging out with his friends. Doing the best he could, he eventually did a slight slip up by going back to the diner, with his younger step-brother, hoping to see her there.

 

As for Jieun, she couldn’t escape from the incessant demands of her step-mother, leaving her to feel completely drained by the end of the weekend, no energy to do anything else but rest. Luckily enough though, those demanding chores got her to have early access to her allowance, giving her the chance to go and buy herself a new cellphone… Which she hasn’t bought yet.

 

But she will… eventually.

 

Strolling along side his friends towards their first class of the morning, the quarterback spotted Jieun walking the opposite way with her friends as they rambled on with smiles plastered on their faces. The moment they had crossed path, he locked eyes with her and gave out a wink, his lips curving into a sly smirk. Her cheeks blushed from his intense stare and quickly shook her head as they were now back to back, going to their respective lessons of the day.

 

He gave himself a quick glimpse around him as he turned his head to look back, his smirk turning into a coy smile before looking back to where he was headed.

 

For the first hour, he could barely concentrate to the point that he forgot in what class he was at the moment. Was it English or Math? And its not like he did really care either, he was just too preoccupied with something else… Well, someone else.

 

It was enough to have him get hit by a paper ball, right in the face, from – get this, not a teammate but, the teacher himself, just to bring his student back in his class. “You’re suppose to catch it, not get hit by it~ I mean, set an example for the rest of your team, captain.”

 

Snickers and chuckles were heard at the sarcastic words of their teacher, Yongguk bitterly smiled as he nodded his head, apologizing for being distracted.

 

Luckily enough for him, the bell just rang, making the boy sigh in relief as he quickly packed his stuff and followed the crowd out of the classroom.

 

As it was lunch time, he was on his way to his locker before joining his friends to the cafeteria but got cut off midway when he spotted Sunhwa in front of him with a bright smile on her face. “S-Sunhwa?”

 

She shoved a flyer right against his chest, catching him off guard, and winked at him before she walked out leaving him completely confused. He looked down at the paper and as he read the content, he smirked at the words, lifting his head up to see the girl walking away with his crush. ‘Looks like she’s trying to set us up. Well, thank you very much~’

 


 

On Jieun’s side of the so called ‘wake up call’, she was distracted as well, but more on the side of reliving the past Friday night she had with a certain boy inside her head.

 

Though her eyes were in front of the class, watching the teacher go through the lesson of the day, one blink and he was replaced by Yongguk, startling the girl in the process.

 

Can you guess where I’m going with this?

 

Eh, I’ll explain it anyways~

 

She blinked her eyes several times and rubbed them just to make sure that she was actually daydreaming and to her relief, she had her teacher back in her sight. With a quiet sigh out of , she glanced down in her text book and started doodling some random patterns on the margin of the texts, slowly losing her focus as she let her mind go back to the boy she was smitten by.

 

Biting the inner part of her bottom lip, flashbacks of the party came popping in, letting her relive the most fiery night of her life.

 

And when I say ‘relive’, I really mean it.

 

From the abrupt kiss in the kitchen, to the grinding on the dance floor over to the dark bedroom, a panorama of images were tingling her skin, her heart slowly speeding up its pace as the heat was faintly spreading across her body. It was as if she could feel his hands caress her figure, his fingers firmly holding her or even feel his lips kissing her with that urgency she remembered.

 

The vividness of the scenery left her to remember how she felt when it was actually happening; how warm it was to have his arms tightly wrapped around her, how good it felt to feel his skin brushing up against hers, how intoxicated she was and not because of the alcohol she had drank but from actually having him so close and smell his perfume, her heart palpitating.

 

Reminiscing these moments created shivers running up and down her spine; it was strong enough to have her starting to feel hot, as if she was suffocating in a small packed place. That same heat wave crept up and down, resting in the pit of her stomach as it rippled down in between her legs.

 

Parting her lips for a mute gasp, she subtly closed in her legs, pressing her thighs harder against each other and crossed one of the over, trying to stop what she was feeling.

 

She tried to deny the pleasure she had but pushing those thoughts away meant that she was thinking about them.

 

Biting down on her lips once again, she tried to put her attention back on the lesson but was kept distracted by the unfamiliar sensation that found its way to set her on the verge of bursting out for another taste.

 

“Miss Jieun? Are you alright?”

 

She felt a push by her arm from her friend who was sitting next to her when Jieun hasn’t answered the teacher’s question. “Miss Jieun?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Are you alright? Do you feel hot? Are you having a fever?”

 

Her blushed cheeks turned into a deeper shade of red as she tried to grasp herself back into reality, stuttering in her reply. “I-I need some a-ir. Can I b-be excused?”

 

“Hmm, yea, sure.”

 

She got up from her chair and quickly walked out of the classroom, sprinting her way to the closest bathroom. Once she walked inside, she made sure she was all by herself and went to lean her palms against the counter, facing the mirror. With a deep breath out from her lungs, she opened the tap and fished out the water as she splashed it all over her face, hoping that it would cool her down from the hormones that were excitedly dancing around her.

 

“Jieun? Are you there?”

 

Turning her head around, she spotted Hyosung coming to her with a worried look on her face. “Are you okay? The teacher sent me to see if you were still breathing.”

 

“Y-yea I’m fine, I just got… side tracked.”

 

“Oh, I see~” With the sly smirk across her friend’s face, Jieun chuckled as she shook her head and playfully pushed Hyosung by her shoulder. “But seriously, what happened?”

 

“I don’t know, really… One minute I was listening to whatever the teacher was saying and the next I was thinking about him…”

 

“And it was enough to leave you looking like that and feel like you were suffocating?”

 

“I was , okay?! The dude made me freaking . Ugh, I should’ve never slept with him. What was I even thinking?!”

 

“You weren’t, that’s why it happened. But look, it happened and now you just gotta deal with it, especially since you’re tutoring him~”

 

“I know but how am I going to handle this? I got literally just by thinking about what happened and after Friday night… Ugh! He’s starting to drive me insane!”

 

“I can see that, and I’m pretty sure he’s feeling the same way about you~”

 

“Yah~ stop that!”

 

Another set of laughter out of her friend’s mouth, the bell rang making the two girls head out back to class before heading to the auditorium for the audition that was going to take place.

 


 

With the girls prepped up for the audition round that would finally help them get their male lead, Jieun was already on stage, with her script, while waiting for the first boy to arrive, with Sunhwa, Hana and Hyosung sitting in the audience seat, evaluating the best candidate for the role of Romeo/Prince Charming.

 

One by one, try after try, nothing was working out.

 

It came to the point where the girls were desperate for a miracle or even to the point where they would simply give the role to the next one, because they were losing patience and the will to continue.

 

When Jieun was starting to lose all hope and that her friends were starting to worry that their plan might not work, the moment Sunhwa yelled ‘next’ to call out the following male, the savior, once again, appeared as he walked on stage, the biggest grin on his face as he made his way towards Jieun who looked back at him with her eyes wide open along with ajar.

 

“Y-Yongguk?! What are you doing here?”

 

“I came here for the audition, the role is still available right?”

 

“Yes it is! Now please proceed!” The echoing voice of her friend made Jieun quickly turn around as she shot a glare to her best friends, leaving them to giggle out of excitement, amused by the teasing.

 

Yongguk couldn’t hide his smile, enjoying the flustered expression on Jieun’s face, especially since he found out, just a few moments ago through Hyosung, what happened in their last class.

 

“Should we start?”

 

“You know this is a musical though, right? You have to sing…”

 

“I’ll rap instead, how about that?” She chuckled at his reply, thinking that he was joking but looking at his face, she dialed it down, understanding that he was serious. “Y-you can’t rap!”

 

“Why is that?”

 

“Yah! Sunhwa! He can’t rap! That’s not how a musical works!”

 

“Then we’ll add some! I’m the one creating the music, remember?” The smirk reply from Hana got Jieun to let out a low grunt as she turned back to face Yongguk, a slight pout across his lips from disappointment.

 

She frowned at him, confused about his facial expression. “What?”

 

“Are you mad that I’m trying something new? Do you really want me to leave?”

 

“I-it’s not that… It’s just, I feel like you’re taking this as a joke. It’s important to Sunhwa as it is to the rest of us-”

 

“I’m not joking about it though, I’m serious. Plus, it will get me to hear you sing~”

 

A light pleasant huff out of , she could feel the bad mood slipping away. She playfully hit Yongguk against his chest with the stack of papers she was holding making him laugh at her attempt to hurt him. “Why are you so insistent on that specific part?”

 

“I like your voice.”

 

“Well thank you for the compliment Yongguk~”

 

She could feel her cheeks heat up by his sincere compliment but also from the way he was staring at her, an unfamiliar glint flashing across his eyes. “W-we should really get started-”

 

A sudden interruption from the director of the play herself, Sunhwa jumped up from her seat, interrupting the ‘couple’.

 

“No need! Yongguk! You got the part!”